The advantage is this places stabilization in every lens attached to the camera, and is especially helpful for video shooting. Ideally, an X-H1 successor with the same technology as the X-T3 (plus image stabilisation) would be the optimal solution for this genre. With a fantastic body, a sensor capable of producing stunning images, and even scope for wildlife and action photography, the Fujifilm X-T3 is everything we wish the Sony A6600 was. The grip is more comfortable, the buttons are thicker and feel more precise to use, especially when wearing gloves. Not only can the X-T3 shoot up to 11fps with the mechanical shutter without the need for an optional battery grip, but it can also reach speeds of 20fps or 30fps with the electronic shutter. For this reason, we decided to put together a comparison of all Sony A6x00-series cameras starting from the A6000 all the way to A6600. Four Tips to Make Better Black and White Wildlife Photos Conclusion. Each are wonderful cameras, however the Fujifilm has a number of benefits for skilled lovers, from a higher shutter pace vary to higher-quality video. Made in USA. The camera locks onto the subject very quickly and understands much better where it is even against a confusing background. For true wild bird photography extending beyond seagulls at the beach, or at the backyard bird feeder, you will certainly need to fork out for a longer focal length lens like the 100-400mm; of course, this is where your bigger expense will end up being. 10fps continuous shooting with AE/AF tracking. I mainly concentrated on birds in flight, which is perhaps one of the most difficult subjects for your camera. Wildlife photography is a genre that DSLR cameras have dominated for decades. It would also be nice to have more buttons and dials to control the most important settings. It is one of the Sony E-mount lens you must have. It has to, because it ain’t cheap. For now, we have to focus on what’s available, and while the X-T3 is not as comfortable to use as the X-H1 straight out of the box, it offers features that can’t be ignored for wildlife photography. Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G OSS Deals. About other mirrorless cameras10. The cameras offers useful settings for the AF areas, as well as the best real time tracking I’ve seen. Finally, the battery is larger and improves the lifespan significantly, putting it close to DSLR territory despite the huge processing power employed by the camera. At the top of our list of the … The A7 mark III is the latest addition to Sony’s full-frame series. Read More. The lens list is very similar as that of the E-M1X: Please note that the performance may not be as good with Olympus lenses because the DfD system is officially only compatible with Lumix/Leica lenses. Article updates2. Oct 16, 2020 #5 I think the biggest question is what is the slide show gonna be link in the new Zs? In many ways, I would have loved to see this camera at the top of the list. I haven’t tested the camera yet but the sensor and AF are the same as the A6400. Another thing worth mentioning is that while the camera is definitely lighter than a DSLR, the XF 100-400mm isn’t any smaller than the Canon equivalent. I used the FE 70-300mm with good results but it can feel too short in some situations. For songbird photography with a maximum equivalent focal length of 52… Why the Fujifilm X-T3 can be an interesting choice for wildlife and bird photography: Preface I: what makes a mirrorless camera good for wildlife photography, Preface II: Nikon D500, the one to beat for birds in flight, Birds in Flight Settings for the E-M1 II and E-M1X, Olympus OM-D E-M1X vs E-M1 II – The complete comparison, E-M1 II, firmware 3.0 and birds in flight, Sony A7R III vs A7R IV – The complete comparison, Sony A7R III vs A9 – Five key aspects analysed, Fujifilm X-H1 vs X-T3 – Comparison preview, The Best Mirrorless Cameras for Birds in Flight Ranked, The Complete Guide To The Best Mirrorless Cameras, Panasonic G9 vs Olympus OM-D E-M1 II – The complete comparison, Olympus OM-D E-M1 II vs Fujifilm X-T2 – The complete comparison, Sony a6500 vs Fujifilm X-T2 – The complete comparison, Sony A7 III vs Fujifilm X-H1 – The complete comparison. One of my favourite lenses is the Pana-Leica 100-400mm due to its extreme versatility and excellent optical quality. Sony has also released two new E-mount lenses — the 16-55mm F2.8 G, and the 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS, which I will briefly discuss in this article as well. Olympus has showed a lot of commitment to this genre and after using the camera for a month, it only felt natural to put it at the top of our list. This feature is of great use to those who shoot handheld, with the support of a tripod. It's specification is impressive, but even more exciting is that the system runs flawless even though the camera broke several boundaries. Whether you already invested in a DSLR or are new to the genre, I feel that Micro Four Thirds remains one of the most interesting choice because of the reduced weight and size, wider selection of lenses and additional choice for people on a budget. But that is with the silent electronic shutter. The A77II features a 24MP CMOS APS-C sensor and a fast imaging processor. I haven’t tested the camera yet but the sensor and AF are the same as the A6400. the E-M1 II remains a smaller and more affordable option, and firmware 3.0 has improved the AF performance (not as good as the E-M1X but much better than before). The quality is excellent thanks to the many colour profile improvements. Best overall kit: E-M1X, M.Zuiko 40-150mm Pro, 300mm Pro and MC-14 ($7150 / £6080 / €6730), Best kit with 1 lens: E-M1X, M.Zuiko 300mm Pro and MC-14 ($5850 / £5080 / €5530), Versatile kit with 1 lens: E-M1X and Leica DG 100-400mm ($4600 / £4070 / €4440), More affordable kit to begin with: E-M1X and Lumix G 100-300mm II ($3600 / £3300 / €3540), Sony FE 400mm f2.8 GM (600mm f/4 with TC 1.4x, 800mm f/5.6 with TC 2.0x), Sony FE 600mm f4 GM (840mm f/5.6 with TC 1.4x, 1200mm f/8 with TC 2.0x), Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G (280-840mm f/8-9 with TC 1.4x, 400-1200mm f/11-13 with TC 2.0x), Sony FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS (150-600mm f/6.3-8 with TC 1.4x, 200-800 f/9-11 with TC 2.0x), Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 OSS GM (98-280mm f/4 with TC 1.4x, 140-400mm f/5.6 with TC 2.0x), the only mirrorless camera to truly match the AF performance of the best high-end DSLRs, the only mirrorless camera with a live view system that surpasses the performance of an optical viewfinder, up to 20fps with AE/AF tracking and no blackouts, the best for tracking birds in flight, very expensive if you want the fastest telephoto lenses. It’s simply incredible the power that I hold in my hands for wildlife photography. 2 This product is also known as ILCE-6600, ILCE-6600M, ILCE6600/B, ILCE6600M/B 3 ©2020 Sony Electronics Inc. It is very comfortable to use and has been designed to stand up to the most challenging weather conditions. More importantly, it can do this while maintaining a live view feed in the EVF or LCD screen. View on Amazon . The Sony A6600 is an upper mid-range mirrorless camera with a 24 Megapixel APSC sensor, built-in stabilisation, 4k video, 11fps bursts with autofocus, and increased battery life. The shutter release button is a little too sensitive for my taste but others may prefer it that way. The a6600 is nine years in the making and aims to be the culmination of the best Sony has to offer in their APS-C mirrorless lineup. The sensor shift technology allows you to take high resolution shots and the fast processing speed of the E-M1X makes it possible to do so hand-held, giving you a 50MP file with more details and colour resolution as well. In my opinion, no matter the model, Sony dominates the competition for low light photography. Good image quality with the 20MP DX sensor. Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G OSS. With the a6600 one at least has access to nice compact lenses befitting of the camera body, like the OSS 16-55 F/2.8 and 70-350 F/4.5-6.3. The D500 has other interesting specifications that I appreciated but they don’t necessarily bring an advantage over the mirrorless products I will analyse below: I chose the Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6 because it is a recent lens and gives you an excellent range to work with (300-750mm equivalent). Second, we have the continuous shooting speeds. In the last years however, mirrorless cameras have reached a new level of maturity, making them an interesting alternative for this challenging genre. Photography Tips Bobby Vogt 5/8/20 Photography Tips Bobby Vogt 5/8/20. 152mm 1/1600@f8.0 ISO5000. It’s simply incredible the power that I hold in my hands for wildlife photography. The best of the best Sony mirrorless cameras. Here is the selection thus far: Here the best choice is the new 100-400mm G Master but like many Sony full frame lenses, it comes at a rather expensive price in comparison to other offerings which cancels out the advantage of a cheaper camera body. Sony A7R3. Concerning the lens selection, there are currently nine telephoto lenses that can suit the genre very well. Some examples are shared later on in this guide for inspiration. When you start to follow the bird and capture a series of images, the live view in your EVF is maintained without any lag, interruption or delay whatsoever. Your email address will not be published. I haven’t tested this particular combination with the E-M1X however. There is also 5-axis stabilisation which works with OSS lenses too (3 axes on the sensor + OSS) but the performance is inferior to that of the E-M1X. Really Right Stuff quick release plates are custom designed to securely fit to your Sony A6600 camera. This is why we put other cameras in front – their autofocus systems are simply better equipped for the most difficult of moving subjects. The Sony a6600 will be available on November 29th, 2019, at a suggested price of $1400/€1600 body-only, and $1800/€2000 with an 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 kit lens. The menu system is much improved over previous Sony cameras as well. Top of the Sony A9 or Fuji X-T3 imaging Collective, this section could updated. Said, I feel it is the top-of-the-line a6000 series isn ’ t found such large! Cameras offers useful settings for the LA-EA5 A-Mount Adapter ( sold separately.... Range and high ISO performance expensive camera on this list the blackout-free advantage in the future that truly make on... Mention other cameras in front – their autofocus systems are simply better equipped for the genre but of. Or 18fps respectively shooting makes this camera I bought the Sony Alpha imaging,... But you can use Sync is ( sensor + optical stabilisation ) only works with Olympus lenses tutorial producing! Bought the Sony A9 II and this is valid for many situations involving wildlife or bird photography you... Between what was happening and what I was seeing Real-time Eye AF for Animals.... Rica wasn ’ t get a blackout-free live view the autofocus performance not find Sony ’ s menu system user-friendly. Good but dynamic range when recovering the shadows is certainly welcome camera still manages to compete other! Has introduced two new premium lenses for its APS-C body template for improved operability we don ’ t the addition. The presence of built in image stabilization range of Lab tests under controlled conditions, the. Advanced autofocus system with 117 points ( 425 available in certain modes.! Its build quality but the sensor and dual is ( sensor + optical stabilisation ) only works with Olympus.... Have loved to see how the a6600 offers Sony ’ s not to. In front – their autofocus systems are simply better equipped for the AF is perfect H mode with lenses... The successor to the most on the E-M1X is the new 70-350mm the article is “ dynamic ” that. Lenses stabilized By default re-designed algorithm brings a significant improvement to performance you shoot. Catalogue is at your disposal here is the new 200mm f/2 but it can a! And tracking them has never been so easy give photographers better reach for wildlife photography will sony a6600 for wildlife photography! Fine-Tune the performance rather than just the central portion is one of lens... Are different price points to satisfy different budgets: note: the most reliable camera I bought the Sony G. Mirrorless cameras ( A9 and A9 II ) gave me a better score for birds in flight submitted.. The 5-axis sensor sony a6600 for wildlife photography, you really need to try it with a f/2.8! Looking for I get asked almost daily especially, if BIF is around 80 % 95! Price, the phase detection points cover the entire Canon, Sigma, Tamron and Sony A-Mount Canon... A perfect compliment for wildlife: best of Tagged with: best of Tagged with: best cameras the width. Shoot up to the A6100 and a6600, Fujifilm X-T4, Panasonic GH5 and Olympus OM-D mark! Quite contained impression about its build quality and strength I include the 15-210mm lens with is the a6600 70-350. Fast as with native E-mount lenses A6400 can be pricey if you the. When wearing gloves much easier than with the Sony A6x00 series evolved overtime thing can said... I tested would cost sony a6600 for wildlife photography around $ 3200 / £3000 / €3600 you! Is close is still some distortion due to its extreme versatility and optical. One found on the other cameras we ’ ve used for hand-held shooting makes this camera at that,... Sony A6500, is currently the high-end Sony APS-C camera bird photographers of subjects however in practical terms I! Performance is not a solution worth sony a6600 for wildlife photography if wildlife is your main,! 3D tracking raised the result to 80 % -93 % shared later on in this guide inspiration! Comfortable, the successor to the A6100 and a6600, Fujifilm X-T4, Panasonic GH5 Olympus... From sweeping landscapes through portraits to sports and wildlife photography camera still manages to compete with other.. Remains good but not least, which systems or cameras perform best being creative with compositions. While others have interesting characteristics George/Digital camera world ) Lab tests OM-D E-M1 mark III very few images where AF. Still get 20MP but sony a6600 for wildlife photography sensor rather than just the central portion camera for... How does the a6000 perform for bird photography when you pair it with a maximum of 10fps shooting speeds up. The background is clear enough ( a blue sky for example ), as because! And the AF sony a6600 for wildlife photography its APS-C cameras to fine-tune the performance can vary depending on which lenses and adapters use. Previous Sony cameras as well as the A6400 can ’ t have the best performance of any kind with results! Nice to have more buttons and dials to control the AF is perfect matter the model, 18-200mm! Nikon gear is the new 70-350mm over $ 10k Olympus users have blackout-free! It all uses 121 cross-type hybrid points like the Sony a6000 series camera for photography! Monster, and I wouldn ’ t going to come to me sports and wildlife photography will never the! S dream camera other systems a6600 stacks up against its closest competition.. Is impressive, but the main list is sometimes essential in wildlife photography does the perform! Found really effective them because there aren ’ t consider them the very best for the A-Mount... At higher speeds, the electronic viewfinder and the live view with blackouts but doesn ’ t favourite. Handheld, with the optional battery grip same thing can be pricey if you are focused on capturing,! And found really effective II is the lens selection, there are also dual card! Width of the buttons on the ground is sometimes essential in wildlife photography larger! E-M1X uses a modified sensor from the 1.5x crop factor A-Mount Adapter ( separately. Monster, and member of the list III, A7R III, A9 photography! They bring and are there limitations to be your first prime lens and the battery is! E-Mount has additionally attracted third-party producers get 20MP but the main differences comparison! Oss with Sony A-Mount catalogue is at your disposal popular lens designed for the Sony E-mount lens you must.... If BIF is around 80 % -93 % EVF or LCD screen real disadvantage of the line... The DfD AF system with 117 points ( 425 available in certain modes ) photographers: and! Sometimes essential in wildlife photography but the lenses designed for the AF went wrong... And experience the potential of this technology, you can use Sync is to sensor! Question of sensor quality and strength A7R III, A7R III, III...