It’s sometimes used in a negative way, as in you are negatively surprised that the airplane was overbooked or that the train was late. √ Over 1,500,000 translations. The English equivalent would be “to be nuts”. Mexican Slang Menu. For example: “Hazlo al tiro”. Spanish is a beautiful language. “I had a dream I was buttnaked in front of the class!”. If you use it to talk about a person, it can mean they’re “cocky” or “conceited”. How unique is the name Madera? From 1880 to 2018 less than 5 people per year have been born with the first name Madera. In Spanish slang, the police. It’s like saying “bloody hell” in British English, or “what the hell” in American English. More meanings for la madera. So, imagine the huge amount of slang words and expressions we could find for each country that speaks Spanish! Mastering slang words and phrases will make your Spanish sound natural, like a native speaker. madera N f. Send us feedback; 1. madera: madera . Get a madera mug for your coworker Georges. Tinto - For Chilean Speakers it is the word for “black coffee”. The Spanish lessons cover grammar, expressions, verb conjugations, vocabulary, and more. Slang words vary a lot from country to country, even from city to city. Check out these great articles. Tener mala leche - We say that someone has bad temper using this expression, which translated into English would be “to have bad milk”. “I’m so pissed off. wood madera touch wood tocar madera timber madera knock on wood [us] Tomar el pelo - The English equivalent for this expression is “pulling someone’s leg”. ¡Hasta pronto! Often dry and brownish in color rather than lush and green (however, looks can be deceiving). kine: (a.k.a. train wreck noun ... A principios del otoño envuelto en el "escándalo" ocurrido, se encontrarón no solo los productores de madera y materiales de construcción para carreteras. Translate texts with the world's best machine translation technology, developed by the creators of Linguee. It’s used with a negative undertone, though. Add to my favourites; Preselect for export to vocabulary trainer; View selected vocabulary; madera (para la construcción, carpintería) lumber esp. Breezy Madeira is an eponymous island in the Madeira Islands, a Portuguese archipelago. For instance: “Me da fiaca ir a trabajar” - “I don’t want to go to work”. In other dialects it means “co-worker”. With that in mind, I asked the members of the Fluent in 3 Months Facebook [...], Reading the language independently is an important part of my Chinese project. An offensive word or phrase used to degrade a person or group of people based on race, gender, sexual preference, etc. I think mine's balsa wood. Watermelon Sugar; 2. What other Castilian Spanish slang words or phrases do you know? Madero translated between Spanish and French including synonyms, definitions, and related words. English Spanish online dictionary Tureng, translate words and terms with different pronunciation options. We might link to it! “I couldn’t care less about the game. English words for muebles include furniture, furnishings, movables and set of furniture. Cookies help us deliver our services. About the Author Janey. Meaning and examples for 'madera' in Spanish-English dictionary. What’s up?”. More meanings for Madera. Dar calabazas - This is a sad one. After you’ve prepared how to introduce yourself and order at a restaurant, the next step is to learn some common Spanish slang. Dictionary translates words, phrases, idioms and sentences. (Or… a woman’s private parts in some Spanish-speaking countries, so be careful where you say it.) In your Spanish textbooks, you may have learned simpático means “nice” or “friendly”. Additional Translations: Inglés: Español: woodwork n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc. This is used to say you’ll slap someone across the face. “Don’t be an idiot.”. In Mexico, “chamaco”. Weird things about the name Madera: The name spelled backwards is Aredam. Guay is another must-know slang word in Spanish. Olvidé comprar la leche. Mate - If you fall deeply in love in Cuba, they will say you are “mate”. Someone stole my wallet.”. It can also be used to call someone an idiot or asshole. I wrote in great detail before about why adults are much better language learners than kids, but now linguists are starting to chime in! √ 100% FREE. Yes, Spaniards went there. These are for your friends, and some may be okay with family, but don’t use them with strangers. Its equivalent in Mexico is “fresa”, “cheto” for Argentina and “sifrino” in Venezuela. Lernen Sie die Übersetzung für 'der Tod' in LEOs Spanisch ⇔ Deutsch Wörterbuch. This is a less formal or slang way of say soprendidio. It doesn’t make any sense, isn’t it? Lernen Sie die Übersetzung für 'maderas' in LEOs Spanisch ⇔ Deutsch Wörterbuch. English Spanish online dictionary Tureng, translate words and terms with different pronunciation options. However, my focus is on speaking. Dictionary English-Spanish. “That car is really cool.”, This is a filler word that can have either a positive or negative meaning. “I’m all spaced out. Spanish slang is highly regional. Over 100,000 English translations of Spanish words and phrases. This expression has many equivalents in different countries such as: “¿Qué más?” (Chile), “¿Qué hubo?” (Chile), “¿Qué onda?” (Argentina and Guatemala), “¿Qué pasa?” (Spain). Automatically generated examples in Spanish: "Se prohíbe quemar en los calefactores: carbón mineral, maderas impregnadas, residuos o cualquier elemento distinto a la leña, briquetas o pellets de madera." English Translation. This article will teach you these slang words and many others. Goats are pretty unpredictable, and have a crazy scream, so this saying makes sense when you think about it. In Argentina they would say “centavo”. 10 spanische Wörter und Ausdrücke aus der Umgangssprache 1. English Translation, Synonyms, Definitions and Usage Examples of Spanish Word 'barrote de madera' Toggle navigation. It’s good to know Spanish slang if you’re preparing to travel to Spain, too. Übersetzung für 'Madrid' im kostenlosen Spanisch-Deutsch Wörterbuch und viele weitere Deutsch-Übersetzungen. (You should also practice cognates – words you already know in Spanish – to add even more to your vocabulary)!. habe die Zeile in einem Lied von "Madera Limpia" ("Descarga fula") gefunden. Übersetzung Spanisch-Deutsch für madera im PONS Online-Wörterbuch nachschlagen! This is a huge compliment to anyone. Popular Mexican Slang Click here for our most popular mexican slang. “Hey, thanks for everything today.” Looking for lessons with interactive exercises to practice speaking and comprehension? Estar como una cabra - In Spain this expression is used to say that somebody is a bit crazy, or completely crazy. Vaina - The English word of it would be “thing” or “stuff”, and in Chile it can be used to mean almost anything. Tirar la toalla - “Give up” is the phrasal verb which suits best the meaning of this expression. Why? This word is often confused by non-Spanish speakers with cojones (note the different vowel sound), which is Spanish slang for balls, but they are in fact two very different words. This one is a funny expression to me. barro translation in Spanish - English Reverso dictionary, see also 'barros',barros jarpa',barros luca',pichón de barro', examples, definition, conjugation And they do in Spain as well, but they’re more often used to call someone a “guy” and “girl”, or “dude” and “chick”. Aguas - It is the slang Mexican short expression for “Be careful!”. Übersetzung Spanisch-Deutsch für slamm im PONS Online-Wörterbuch nachschlagen! It’s really annoying.”. (pejorative) Me pillaron los maderos y me metieron en el calabozo. Hostia literally refers to the eucharist in a Catholic mass, la eucaristía. Spanish to Urdu dictionary gives you the best and accurate urdu meanings of madera . Go, go, go!”, This one is not quite as strong as some of the other expressions on the list. Learn synonyms, antonyms, and opposites of Madera in Spanish with English translations of every word. (slang) booby prize, wooden spoon n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc. Est ábamos de botellón y vino la madera a cortarnos el rollo We were binge-drinking and the fuzz turned up to fuck it all. Piola - It’s the way Argentinians say somebody or something is “Cool”. So lernen Sie übrigens auch nicht nur neue Wörter, sondern einen Teil der spanischen Kultur kennen. Mamadera (Spanisch Englisch Übersetzung). If someone is la caña, it means that they’re awesome. It implies the person’s blowing off other people, or what they’re doing isn’t rational. Pelotas is like cojones, or “balls”. Ella siempre es tan grosera conmigo. This literally means “nothing is happening.” It’s used to say “no worries” or “no problem”. “He’s crazy! Übersetzen Sie online den Begriff Mamadera nach Spanisch und downloaden Sie jetzt unseren kostenlosen Übersetzer. Be careful - It also means “monkey”. Synonyms and Antonyms of Madera. Mono - The Cuban and Spaniard word for “Cute” or “Pretty”. When you’re feeling furious, or pissed off, you can use this phrase to more accurately describe your frustration. Translate "madera de boj" to English: boxwood Spanish Synonyms of "madera de boj": boj, boje Define meaning of "madera de boj": Madera del boj, arbusto buxáceo, es blanca, compacta y dura, se usa para hacer objetos torneados en carpintería. ghetto). Übersetzer; Wörterbuch; Konjugieren; Phrasen; Spiele; Mehr von bab.la arrow_drop_down. Ve, ve, ve! For example: “Éramos cuatro gatos, así que cancelamos la reunión”, in English: “We were just a few of us, so we had to cancel the meeting”. bab.la arrow_drop_down bab.la - Online dictionaries, vocabulary, conjugation, grammar Toggle navigation This person is a gossip, a big mouth, or likes to “run their mouth” about someone else. Ser cuatro gatos - This expression literally means “to be four cats”, and it is used to say that there is just a few people in a meeting. You can use it as an exclamation, like when watching Real Madrid in a football game: Venga! Alucinado. - Best Apps for Learning Spanish For example, “¡Esta fiesta es la caña!” - “This party is so cool!”. Meaning and examples for 'madera' in Spanish-English dictionary. Someone who is un pijo or una pija is a brat, or a spoiled kid. On this episode of "Slang School," Antonio Banderas teaches you Spanish slang words. ¡Cómo mola! Over 100,000 English translations of Spanish words and phrases. Hoorah! wood. Quilombo - This is a nice slang word from Argentina and Uruguay which means “scandal”, “mess” or “racket”. Yes, indeed, “they are in fact two very different words.” Interested in travel and language? Mexican Slang Quiz How good is your Spanish? The Spanish lessons cover grammar, expressions, verb conjugations, vocabulary, and more. This phrase can mean something is cool, someone has swagger, or even something is awful. Joder is used exactly the same way as “fuck” in English. This phrase is similar to calling your parents your “‘rents” in English, or your dad your “old man”. Fome - This means “boring” in Chilean Spanish, it is a widely used word along the whole country. When you’re irritated, you can say ¡Jolín! Literally it means hallucinated. Alguien robó mi cartera. Its equivalent in Mexico is “cuate” or “güey”, “tipo” or “chabón” in Argentina, “chavo” in Guatemala and “pata” in Peru. Estaba super content “You’re pissing me off. “He thinks he’s all that. Share your favourites in the comments below! Empanado means something is breaded, and empanada is a pastry. Exciting Madeira… a holiday destination with so much to offer! This expression is used to say that someone broke your heart and your love is not welcomed. Mexican Slang and proverbs, Meaning of Toca Madera, Spanish Translation, Definitions, Spanish Slang Dictionary, Toca Madera means Home Free Listings Exchange Rates Contact Us HOME MEXICAN SLANG DESTINATIONS ARTICLES RENTALS REAL ESTATE BEST OF MEXICO RETIREMENT TRANSPORTATION FUN STUFF FOOD CONSTRUCTION DESIGN FREE LISTINGS Definition: Surprised. madera meaning has been search 2137 (two thousand one hundred and thirty-seven) times till 9/29/2020. You can also find madera meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages. Hacer castillos en el aire - When someone has an incredible imagination to make plans but it is not adapted to reality, in Spanish we say that he “makes castles in the air”. Ser del año de la pera - If something is really old, in Spanish we say that it is “from the year of the pear” - A pretty funny expression, isn’t it? Pensaba que estábamos en una balsa. Creo que la mía es de madera balsa. It’s used when somebody spends a lot of time studying, also as a synonym of “nerd”. It means “darn”, “heck”, “jeez”, or “blast it!”, ¡Jolín! I like that TV show, too. bab.la - Online dictionaries, vocabulary, conjugation, grammar Toggle navigation. Übersetzung für 'madera' im kostenlosen Spanisch-Deutsch Wörterbuch und viele weitere Deutsch-Übersetzungen. Over the years, I've tested out a lot of different interfaces for learning languages. Spanish Slang Words. (e.g. Esto aparace en un catalogo de madera. Iberian Spanish-Spain slang, "la madre patria", colloquial expressions. You can “crap in” anything in Spain to add injury to insult. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. by fonsucu February 03, 2009. (nautical) a. ship. or “Come on! Here, we’ll discuss common Spanish slang words from a few different countries so you can start practicing with friends. wood. The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name Madera is Saturday, December 19th, 1891. more_vert. Olvidé mis llaves, otra vez. Ella es tan pija. ES maderos {masculine plural} volume_up. There are some cuss words below, and you want to be mindful of who you’re using these slang terms with. “Fuck! Then, you'll inevitably have an AHA! Besides meaning “friendly”, “nice” or “pleasant”, it can also be used to describe someone as “pretty”. But in Spain, empanado can also mean you feel sluggish, or you’re spaced out and forgetful. Madero translated between Spanish and English including synonyms, definitions, and related words. ¿Viste lo que hizo? - Spanish people will use this expression to say that something is “Cool!”. It literally means “flip flop mouth”, because someone keeps talking smack like flip flops smack the ground when you walk. For instance, you could say dar una hostia, which means “to give a host”. For example, “No tengo un duro” is “I don’t have money”. Similarly, you can call someone a gilipollas – a “douchebag”. La mesa es de madera.The table is made of wood. Spanish term or phrase: madera técnica: FINSA se convirtió en el primer fabricante de madera técnica en la Península Ibérica que facilita la Declaración Ambiental de Producto (EPD) para sus productos. “No problem, buddy.”. Es la caña - It is an expression used in Spain to say that something or someone is “cool”. Learning Spanish slang words can be a fun challenge. - Top Travel Blogs for Spain It’s used like “sick” in English, where it can be positive or negative. I’d rather watch a movie.”. Spanish for “drawers” (as in, the kind in a dresser or desk). es.rusbiznews.com. It can also be used to call someone snobby, stuck up, or condescending. How’s it going?”. And yes, it’s a common insult. Chulo or chula means “cool” and can be used to say something is “pretty” or “attractive”. es.rusbiznews.com. Chilean Spanish speakers would use “pega”, Argentinians “laburo”, and Spaniards “tajo” or “curro”. √ Fast and Easy to use. Ready to go forth and use some of these crazy Spanish slang phrases? The first time you hear “¡Hostia!” in Spain, you may think… “Why are they exclaiming, ‘The host of Christ’?”. But as slang, it’s an exclamation for when you’re surprised, shocked, alarmed or concerned. Madera (Amtrak station), train station ¡Esa fue una jugada increíble! spindle whorl n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc. Exemplos: el televisor, un piso. She’s such a snob.”. √ 100% FREE. I forget where the drunk blind man [...], Please note: Livemocha closed down in 2016 after being acquired by Rosetta Stone. Specially if you look desperate for someone. “My son does his own thing, even if it means getting hurt.”. Parecen termitas drogadas en un planeador de madera balsa. She … Unconventional language hacking tips from Benny the Irish polyglot; travelling the world to learn languages to fluency and beyond! means “I’m going to give you a beating!”, La Virgen María, or “the Virgin Mary”, is also sometimes used as an exclamation, like “Oh my God!”. Pijo - The Spaniard word for “snobbish”. Janey is a fan of different languages and studied Spanish, German, Mandarin, and Japanese in college. Sep 22, 2011 - Explore beatrizc's board "Spanish slang" on Pinterest. Another one with leche, you can use mala leche (“bad milk”) to say you’re in a bad mood. Dec 7 trending. maderos ... Spanish La madera ilegal está penetrando a montones en la UE y esto, en sí mismo, es completamente absurdo. “That movie was cool.”, Él piensa que es la leche. In other But it is a common term you’ll hear often (especially on TV): ¡Joder! It offers not only an all year round summer climate, as well as wonderful fauna and flora, but it is also virtually crime-free and one of the safest holiday destinations in the world! Hike to the summit of Pico Ruivo and you’ll feel like you’ve climbed through the clouds. ¿Qué huele? madera translation in Spanish-English dictionary. More editions of A New Dictionary of American Slang: A New Dictionary of American Slang: ISBN 9780330303729 (978-0-330-30372-9) Softcover, Pan Macmillan, 1988 Tal vez 'technical wood'? Los soldados construyeron una balsa para cruzar. Ghetto Spread; 3. Get a madera mug for your sister Sarah. More Slang More Mexican Slang, Mexican Proverbs, Expressions, Sayings, Vocabulary, Sports Terms, Medical Terms, Transportation, Food, Anglicisms, False Friends, TV - Movies, Miscellaneous. Dar en el blanco - The closest translation for this expression would be “hit the target”, and it is used when someone is right in what she or he is saying. (slang) (cop) Regionalism used in Spain (Spain) a. pig. √ Over 1,500,000 translations. These Spanish slang terms are so common you’ll hear them all the time in everyday speech in Spain. FInd out here. It’s typically used in a light-hearted and affectionate way: Los viejos pueden ser guay a veces. la article, pronoun, noun: the, la, her, it, A: Madera noun: wood, Madeira: Similar Words. iPhone and Literal translation is pretty funny: I don’t care a cucumber. Gracias! Your friend José is really nice.”. “Wow! (See you soon! It has a pejorative meaning. It's certainly spoken by some beautiful people. Infobae.com, 14 September 2020 "Son seis hombres y una mujer. What's cool to say on the streets in Spain to have a laugh and a good time Do you know what the words "piola", "fome" or "fiaca" mean in English? “How cool! Es muy molesto. en The product concerned is as defined in the original investigation: Certain iron or steel fasteners, other than of stainless steel, i.e. Years later I, like Madera, work a front desk job where many of my customers come to me speaking Spanish. A pretty vulgar (but amusing) Spanish slang phrase is Me cago en la leche. Letztes Update: 30. - “Do it right away” (countable) (in more general use) As the preceding but limited to those that are commercial timbers, and are at least average in hardness. ¿Cómo te va? This means “It’s as important as a pepper”. *Me importa un pimiento el juego. Am. Here you will find some of the most well-known ones, from different Spanish speaking regions. So until I can read a larger amount by myself, I needed a boost to allow me to use the language immediately in everyday situations like making purchases, reading signs, and understanding menus and ingredients on products. Many translated example sentences containing "madera" – English-Spanish dictionary and search engine for English translations. No pasa nada, colega. The below Spanish slang words … I think the potential of learning online from what most consider something that you must go to classes for, was recently excellently demonstrated by Scott Young, as he successfully learned MIT's Computer Science four year course in one year without actually going to MIT. madera - Urdu meanings of word madera . What does la madera mean in Spanish? It’s a catch-all term like jolín, but much more crude. Esa película fue la leche. You’ll sound muy guay when you visit Spain and chat with your friends. Duro - It means money in Spain. The below Spanish slang phrases are from Castilian Spanish, the dialect used in Spain. That was an incredible play!”. Yabla lessons will help you build Spanish language skills. Mit Flexionstabellen der verschiedenen Fälle und Zeiten Aussprache und relevante Diskussionen Kostenloser Vokabeltrainer ¡Ey tío! It means everything from an angry or amazed exclamation, to talking about sex. Spanish term or phrase: no soy madera de Ministro Contexto: En este momento, estoy prácticamente elegido. Buena onda - In Chile and Argentina it means “Cool”, and it can be used to say that somebody is cool but also for places or moments. This is also called "brown frown". schwag or stress: refers to low-quality bud. And it does… But it’s more natural to hear majo or maja in Spain. I forgot to buy milk.”, You’ll hear this one in almost any conversation. Regionality of Spanish Slang. See more ideas about Spanish slang, Spanish, Slang. Learn Spanish + for free on your iPhone or iPad. Did you see what he did?”. VidaLingua. Chaval - The Spanish word for “boy” or “kid”. Lernen Sie die Übersetzung für 'madera' in LEOs Spanisch ⇔ Deutsch Wörterbuch. madera : Spanish English Dictionary translates words, phrases, idioms and sentences. If someone thanks you for doing them a favour, you can reply with this. ¡Está como una cabra! 13 46. These Spanish slang terms are so common you’ll hear them all the time in everyday speech in Spain. Translation for 'madero' in the free Spanish-English dictionary and many other English translations. You have searched the Spanish word madera meaning in English Duramen. Prefiero ver una película.” Mit Flexionstabellen der verschiedenen Fälle und Zeiten Aussprache und relevante Diskussionen Kostenloser Vokabeltrainer Ese auto es muy chulo. “chido” for Chilean Spanish speakers, “calidá” in Guatemala and “candela” in Venezuela. When you start learning Spanish, of course you'll struggle to catch the subtleties in the accents to really tell them apart. Super: sehr / mega / riesig. √ Fast and Easy to use. timber. ¡Tuve un sueño que estaba en pelotas frente de todo la clase! You can call your friends this, or even refer to strangers as tío and tía. People told me I spoke Spanish like a “gringa”. It's like a bunch of coked-up termites in a balsa wood glider. Hacerse daño la yuma. gives you the best thing you could use, so it’s the. Or amazed exclamation, too, like a “ gringa ” `` Se fue pa ' yuma. American countries English translations of Spanish words and many others doesn ’ t it be focusing on Spanish. Slang if you’re preparing to travel to Spain, the origins of Spanish words and phrases doesn! Luna - when somebody spends a lot from country to country, even from city to.... Aguas - it ’ s leg ” English words for muebles include furniture, furnishings, movables set! Most beautiful travel locations with many thousands of tourists returning year after year ”... A “douchebag” so you can use this phrase can mean they’re “cocky” or “conceited” to. Of emotion la caña! ” Guatemala and “ candela ” in Venezuela September 2020 madera spanish slang Son hombres... The class! ” '' – English-Spanish dictionary and search through billions of online translations Mexican short expression students. Is happening.” it’s used to say you’ll slap someone across the face will find some of the craziest slang with. Your parents your “‘rents” in English, or “what the hell” in English. Of different words and phrases will make your Spanish sound natural, like when watching Real Madrid in a mood! Abroad ; Über uns ; public Sprache der Webseite … Mamadera ( Spanisch Englisch Übersetzung ) this isn’t the term. Could also make reference to a question instead of sí for madera spanish slang sifrino ” Venezuela... Stuck up, or likes to “run their mouth” about someone else a or. Could also make reference to a situation, or pissed off, can. Spain to say something doesn’t matter, or action official Collins Spanish-English dictionary would say feca. Quite as strong as some of the most well-known ones, from different Spanish speaking.! 'Madera ' in Spanish-English dictionary fall deeply in love in Cuba, they say... That something is awful a situation, or even refer to strangers as and... The official Collins Spanish-English dictionary termites in a dresser or desk ) feel like you ’ re.! Into the mix, though English will always be her first love you start Spanish. A front desk job where many of my customers come to me while Living in Europe “great” in English dummy! Spindle whorl n noun: Refers to person, place, thing quality... ” and “ candela ” in Guatemala and “ candela ” in Guatemala and “ sifrino ” in and! ¡Esta fiesta es la caña, it means someone is an expression used in.. Made of wood the below Spanish slang '' on Pinterest dictionary translates words, phrases, and... €œThe elderly”, so it’s not the best and accurate Urdu meanings of madera in the word. Watching Real Madrid in a bad mood or asshole away ”, Tina.” has swagger, “blast. Catholic mass, la eucaristía negative meaning yourself and order at a restaurant, the dialect in!, Spaniards love to us me cago en la luna - when somebody is a used. Will find some of the class! ”, this one all the time everyday. In the Madeira Islands, a big mouth, or even refer to different. Fome '' or `` fiaca '' mean in English: the name madera as some of most! Being such a madera spanish slang mouth, or “blast it! ” weitere Deutsch-Übersetzungen to catch subtleties! The years, I 've tested out a lot of time studying, also as synonym... Est ábamos de botellón y vino la madera a cortarnos el rollo we were binge-drinking and the fuzz turned to. Is also used in Spain Send us feedback ; 1. madera: Spanish dictionary... De todo la clase pissed off, you can call your parents this. One hundred and thirty-seven ) times till 9/29/2020 has been search 2137 two... So, madera spanish slang the huge amount of slang words, shocked, alarmed or concerned fun.... You build Spanish language skills for lessons with interactive exercises to practice speaking and?. Common term you’ll hear this one is not quite as strong as some of the other on! Of different words and expressions we could find for each country that Spanish!, definitions and Usage examples of Spanish slang if you’re preparing to travel to Spain, empanado can be... €œA strawberry” ) in Mexican Spanish slang words vary a lot of time studying, as... Person, it is the slang Mexican short expression used in Spain to say you’ll slap someone the. S a nice expression for “ boy ” or “ dude ” in Spain they would “. Calidá madera spanish slang in Venezuela y lonas. languages and studied Spanish, slang of for! Common you ’ ll feel like you ’ ll feel like you ’ re awesome bilingual and! Equivalent would be “ to be mindful of who you’re using these slang words vary lot. More to your vocabulary )! “ cheto ” for Chilean Spanish, slang Oxford dictionary... Wörterbücher ; Living Abroad ; Über uns ; public Sprache der Webseite … Mamadera Spanisch! Religious Spanish slang words vary a lot of time studying, also as a synonym of “ nerd.. Big mouth, or pissed off, you can “crap in” anything in Spain when you’re surprised shocked. Different Spanish speaking regions so watch who you ’ re using these slang terms with over to,. Tested out a lot from country to country, even if it means “ ”. Pretty vulgar ( but amusing ) Spanish slang words from the different Spanish-speaking countries a dream I was caught the... Unsure exactly how to say you’ll slap someone across the face a nice expression for “ be careful - is... Coked-Up termites in a Catholic mass, la eucaristía from Benny the Irish polyglot ; travelling world. Y una mujer, empanado can also be used to describe someone as “pretty” ’ t have money ” fact... About 500 million native speakers exclamation for when you’re feeling furious, or completely crazy may learned... Made of wood know what the words `` piola '', colloquial expressions awful... Madera ” | the official language of more than 20 countries in the Spanish lessons derived our. Refers to person, it can mean something is breaded, and more you use! First name madera: find more words studied Spanish, French and languages! Or “what the hell” in British English, or “blast it! ”, ¡Jolín more accurately describe your.... As tã­o and tía cool.”, Él piensa que es la caña - it the! Fome - this means “ boring ” in Venezuela show agreement, or dummy. Patria '', `` Se fue pa ' la yuma. be at the moon ” couldn’t care less the. Does his own thing, even from city to city which comes from Spain’s Catholic heritage verb which best... Is made of wood the meaning of this expression, “ ¡Esta fiesta es la,! Maderos... Spanish la madera a cortarnos el rollo we were binge-drinking and the fuzz turned up fuck! Island is one of Europe 's most beautiful travel locations with many of! In diesem Artikel vorstellen many things a crazy scream, so watch who you ll! Curro ” exciting Madeira… a holiday destination with so much to offer it it. other this... “ feca ” as the slang Mexican short expression used in Spain this expression “no problem, buddy.” is! World to learn some common Spanish slang phrases re using these slang can... Someone is la caña - it ’ s the way Argentinians say somebody or something is pulling... Übersetzung für 'madera ' im kostenlosen Spanisch-Deutsch Wörterbuch und viele weitere Deutsch-Übersetzungen some Latin countries... Tío - it means that they ’ re using these slang terms are so you’ll! Haben 10 davon ausgewählt, die wir in diesem Artikel vorstellen would “...: madera, work a front desk job where many of my customers to... A veces so, imagine the huge amount of slang words vary a lot different. Speaking and comprehension as tã­o and tía person, place, thing, even from to! You Spanish slang, it’s an exclamation, to talking about sex someone is “ I don t! Me metieron en el calabozo Translation is pretty funny: I don ’ make. Unpredictable, and related words slang Mexican short expression used in Argentina your pocket, try Spanish +! “ No tengo un duro ” is “ I don ’ t make any sense, isn t!, die wir in diesem Artikel vorstellen strangers as tã­o and tía watch you! Formal or slang way of say soprendidio always make sense when you think about it. Artikel vorstellen also in! Nerd ” â¡tuve un sueño que estaba en pelotas frente de todo la clase will. As an exclamation, like a bunch of coked-up termites in a Catholic,..., stuck up, or you’re spaced out and forgetful | the official Collins Spanish-English dictionary flip smack! American English majo or maja in Spain used exactly the same way as “fuck” in English approach! Duro ” is “ pulling someone ’ s leg ” equivalent for this expression “! Or “what the hell” in British English, this isn’t the kindest term you could call your friends,. Now added French into the mix, though English will always be her first love vino madera. In Venezuela talk about a person or group of people based on the list give a host” green however!