Let be begin by highlighting that both models feature an open design. My Sony headphones recently went missing from my home studio. I did not know that it mattered the type of headphones you used. The Premium is marketed more toward consumer use, while the pro version is marketed towards studio use. Sennheiser HD25 Review! 3. Sennheiser HD25. Comments? Why doesn’t DT 770 Edition exist anymore? You have some great information on here. Here I did a side by side of them all! You’re going to be completely amazed with what this little box is capable of. It is said that the premiums have a “nicer” build. If you’re interested in learning about the Black vs. Red: Audioquest Dragonfly Black vs. Red. This is a very thorough review of these headphones. the 250 ohm DT 880 Edition and the 250 ohm DT 880 Pro sound the same). Good insight here. Do you think that i can find better headphones for less than 250$? It is priced at . Non-detachable cable feels a bit cheap and “oldschool”. This site is a free online resource that strives to offer helpful content and comparison features to its visitors. You’ll instantly notice that this model includes a soft leatherette for a headband instead of the metal in its predecessor. Shares. Hope that helps! I got akg701s and really like the airiness but the low end is just pitiful and unrealistic due to the proximity effect shifting backwards. They are tuned to get balanced bass which will not over-rule the mids and highs. beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 250 Ohm Hi-Fi- Kopfhörer Corsair VOID PRO RGB WIRELESS Gaming Headset (PC, Wireless, Dolby 7.1) schwarz Sennheiser Game Zero Special Edition schwarz Corsair VOID PRO SURROUND Gaming Headset (PC/PS4/XONE, USB/3,5mm, Dolby 7.1) rot Sennheiser GAME ONE Gaming-Headset mit offener Akustik schwarz Nun meine Erfahrungen: A reviewer on amazon even said it powered his HD800’s phenomenally well too! The most important reason people chose Beyerdynamic DT990Pro is: Just be aware that these can get fatiguing after awhile. Premium Model. Thanks so much for stopping by! The build quality is solid as well, and these things are built like a tank. Great sound signature, fun but detailed and revealing. The accentuation of the bass may lead to the treble being a bit “harsh” and too sibilant for some people. The highs are sparkling and crisp, although they may become sibilant at times due to variances in recordings, or just a bad master. Between the 250 and 600 Ohm models: The treble and bass are a little more prominent with the 600 Ohm. Philips SHP9500 Review! 20 August 2014. 4. 2. The soundstage is wide and the output is pretty good. . Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO vs DT 880 PRO headphone differences. What are studio monitors? Sometimes all of the dre stuff gets drowned out into the market and people don’t really know where else to get legit headphones, and these ones are legit, so keep up the good work. What is the technical difference between DT 880/990 Edition and DT 880/990 Pro? Also, the extension is pretty deep and the low notes are also quite distinct. I'm in love with anything music-related. Finding this article confirmed that its time to get an upgrade. His sense of humour, coupled with a knack for excellence and strict attention to detail are what allow him to stand out in a crowded industry.”. Topping E30/L30 vs. iFi Zen CAN Signature 6XX, Tonor TC-777 USB Condenser Microphone Review & Shootout, FiiO BTR3K vs. BTR5 vs. DragonFly Red [Which Is Best For YOU?!]. You will be able to hear things in movies that were previously lost in consumer grade cans. pro and premium which have a large price difference. I can go open or closed back tbh. Thanks for the nice comment! But, the pro is often a good deal because it’s quite a bit cheaper. With an output impedance of less than 1.04, it will handle most anything you throw at it. I’ve used a ton of them throughout my career and am always reviewing gear from time to time. Some people say you can slide by without one, but if I was to purchase either model, i would most certainly not bypass the amp. So you may want to replace the headband soon if you’re planning on using it regularly. Great review man! Thanks for your valuable input on these.. should help a lot of folks out!! They will likely sound a bit harsh and muddy at first. Check out the best studio headphones for mixing for an in-depth discussion on my top 3, and please let me know what you’re inclined to go with. It is important to know that the models of the Pro and Edition product families do not differ noticeably in terms of sound, provided that they have the same impedance (e.g. Ok so a max $250 headphone for Rock in either the closed or open category, for use at home in an isolated environment free from extraneous noise. The DT 990 is the same thing, just with boosted bass and treble compared to the DT 880. Thanks for the info and comparison. They are a recognised tool amongst sound enthusiasts and a loyal companion for producers. For $90, Beyerdynamic's Soul Byrd earphones deliver an impressive listening experience aimed at those who want a mostly accurate sound signature, but don't mind some slight boosting in the lows. This is the absolute best combo Amp/DAC solution for those with under $100 to spend. Legend has it that if you ask nicely, the Audioengine D1 will brew you a warm cup of Joe. But for real, you will start to hear things in recordings that you never dreamed were there.. The 770’s and 880’s come in second and third respectively in this regard. You like! Don’t forget to press that power button homie! I’d like something that has more balls than the akg701’s to use in combination with beyer770’s. Amazing reviews, great headphone. Here are my recommendations! So, if comfort is important, I’d recommend the premiums (I can stand them much longer), if you have a good amp, the 600 Ohm version is worth it (but then you need the gear). Treble is better on the 600 Ohm premium than on the other cans. The design is pretty breathable so you don’t have to worry about ear sweat (though, I do recommend you take frequent breaks in between). Just what I needed. ... beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Special Edition Chrome Version 250 ohm (717258) with Full Size Headphone Case, Headphone Stand & Microfiber Cleaning Cloth: PS If you’re looking for a microphone, check out the comparison guide I did about the AT2020 vs. Blue Yeti. The D1 is perfect for such an affair, and leaves a minuscule footprint on your desk! When first using this model, I instantly noticed how the mids are pretty detailed but they aren’t anything special. They excel in many other applications as well including video games and movies. Today we're taking a look at the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro headphones for gaming. The DT 880 is designed with a preference for use with amplifiers, with a nominal impedence level of 250 Ohm. This model does an excellent job and the highs and lows all sound great. Anytime I ask an instructor what the think they give me the same “its all subjective man, so what ever you prefer” answer. I guess the final choice will come down to your personal preference. May I ask what cans you’re using now? Beyerdynamic DT 880 Headphones Review. With the open design, the top end also sounds good without coming out too shrill. Another thing that I love about this model is its earcups. If you want tight, authoritative, punchy lows that don’t get muddy, and enjoy listening to a wide variety of music, these are the cans for you. Stu is determined to help you make sound decisions, and strives to deliver the best and most in depth content on the internet! Very clean signal, lots of detail. You’ll be able to get better functionality if you pair it up with an 80mW amp. Beyerdynamic DT 880 Edition vs Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro. beyerdynamic calls the DT 880 a "semi-open" headphone, but they're lying. This makes it easier for professionals to work without getting nasty headaches. Home Studio Guide – Part I (Introduction), The Best Audiophile Headphones [Complete Buyer’s Guide], The Best Audiophile Headphones (Part II) [Complete Buyer’s Guide], The Best Audiophile Headphones (Part III) [Complete Buyer’s Guide], The Best Audiophile Headphones (Part IV) [Complete Buyer’s Guide], The 5 Best Audiophile Headphones For Under $500, The Best Headphones for Gaming [In Depth Guide], The Best Audiophile Headphones For Gaming Under $100, Blue Yeti vs. AT2020 vs. Samson C01 [Definitive Guide], Similarities & Differences with the Premium. Manufacturer: Beyerdynamic: Beyerdynamic: Model: DT 990 PRO: DT 880 PRO: Popularity: It has no trouble driving headphones like the HD600, 650, and Aeon Flow, which is pretty amazing considering it’s roughly $75. The Beyerdynamic Dt 990 Premium Edition features a similar open model design that’s nice and comfortable. A separate amp/dac combo is almost mandatory for both models. They also make use of some premium materials in their build quality. The DT880 is a close second. The DT 880 is an open headphone, with no isolation except at the very highest frequencies exactly like the beyerdynamic DT 990. Lastly I see there are two types. Nice! While both are open back cans and do leak sound, it’s a little easier to use headphones out and about when they have a straight cable (DT 990 Premium) vs. the coiled cable of the DT 990 pro. What you are paying more for in the premiums is basically in aesthetic, look, and feel alone. Leave me some love if you would. Hi, I’m Victor Bailey from Philadelphia. What is the DT 770/880/990 Premium? In this post, I’ll be giving you a rundown of the Beyerdynamic Dt 990 Pro versus Premium. I like the extra cushioning but it might not last as long as the metal one. But to honest, the Pro version works fine. If you listen to it at a higher volume, the sound might feel like it’s piercing your ears. All in all, if you prefer your listening experience to be more fun rather than overly analytical, then you may want to check these out.. Be aware that they require a certain amount of burn in time. Why is Beyerdynamic DT 880 Edition better than Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro? I really do hope you decide to upgrade if you do not end up finding them!! I love the gain for more power hungry headphones, and the bass boost is done in a tasteful way as well. Cool site you have here. But again, it’s quite obvious that this model isn’t meant for folks who want to make a solid living out of sound production. I’ve looked everywhere but have no idea where they went. The 600 ohm premium’s highs are better, a bit more precise but it’s not very noticeable so should only be bought if you have the amps already. It has been said that out of the 770, 880, and 990 lines, the 990’s are the “fun” headphone out of the bunch. What is the difference between Pro and Edition models of DT 770, DT 880 and DT 990? Definitely going to be stronger than a DT770 for mixing. Thanks for stopping by man, and thanks for such a great question!! Philips SHP9500 Good luck. You’ll simply need this adapter which is very cheap and gets glowing reviews. This website helped a lot. Some folks are happier using 250 ohms but I would rather stick to 600. Which of these you go with just really depends on the price at any given time. However, the audio cables leading to the ear cups are a little exposed. Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro. Bonus: Read about how different genre of music affects your mood. What I love most about this little homie is how portable it truly is. This means that you get a nice airy feel when you’re recording acoustics. If you are a hip-hop lover then the crisp highs still maintaining the softness will make you feel in studio. Whether it's instruments, making music or simply helping others to get started. Coming to the bass response, the results are pretty exceptional. The models of the Pro product family are designed for professional users while those of the Edition product family are designed for end users.. Even though Oppo has since stopped making products, I still recommend this Amp if you can get it at a good price because it sounds absolutely fantastic and provides an all in one solution for your desktop or on the go! Beyerdynamic CUSTOM ONE PRO. Learn more about this in depth: How to Choose a Headphone Amp! Thank you to beyerdynamic for giving us this opportunity. The only headphone I find worthy in that line is the P9, and it’s a bit overpriced though the sound is fantastic. The Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO and the Sennheiser HD 599 are both great headphones for critical listening, but the HD 599 are more comfortable for long listening sessions, while the DT 990 PRO are noticeably better-built and feel more durable, but feel tighter. If you’re a beginner, you can start off with it but then I’d recommend you play around with some other brands as you move up the ladder. I was looking on their website and their description concludes that the DT-880 PRO (semi-open) are for referencing, mixing and mastering and DT-990 PRO (open) are for critical listening. What’s even cooler is that you can also use it to power your studio monitors. Music is a big part in my life and I like it loud. Please let me know what you decide and/or if you need further clarification. Thanks! Once you reach your destination, whip it out and stick it in the hole! It can get overwhelming!! There isn’t much difference in the price, so if we’re talking about which product provides the most value, I’d definitely go with the Premium. This is definitely a nice feature – one that makes quite a difference. I want to use these headphones to mix and I've heard that fully open headphones … Required fields are marked *, “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”, “Stu is determined to help you make sound decisions, and strives to deliver the best and most in depth content on the internet! All in all, I’d say the build quality is pretty good, it should last a couple of years if handled properly. Now let’s talk about what really matters – the performance. It depends on if you’re willing to shell out the extra cash for the 600, which I consider the best overall option for mixing. Most people think it’s all about performance, but good design can often improve sound quality in several ways. I do think there are amazing options for even less than $100, so yes. Better yet, feel free to recommend me some gear to review. I had the Pro and bought the 250 Ohm Premium and 600 Ohm premium to test. The same goes for music. People who value exceptional comfort levels and velour ear padding. Max 250 $. please help guide me to the promise land, lol. What does Sibilant mean? I'm planning to buy a new set of phones. For a closed back in the budget category, the Sony MDR V6 easily wins out. Great mid-range, sparkling highs, good amount of bass for me. Its down to Beyerdynamic DT-990s 250ohm. The rest of the build is identical. They have some good reviews, good build quality, look very comfortable. ], Exceptional Soundstage (feels like the sound is in the room with you rather than in your ears). However, if you would like to save a couple of bucks then go ahead with the Pro. But if you’re reluctant about getting the 600 ohm model, 250 ohms should be good enough for you. The clarity is also a tad better with the 600 Ohm version. I’d say these headphones are sturdy enough and surprisingly feel pretty lightweight and comfortable. It’s really that simple. Your email address will not be published. Also, this model is much heavier, though this isn’t a bad thing as it’s a sign of sturdiness. Purchasing headphones can be confusing. I guess I need to get a new pair of headphones but have been hoping they would show up. You can expect controlled bass with the Pro model. Let be begin by highlighting that both models feature an open design. While on the other hand, the Premium edition is designed to take a beating. Give them time, MAN. As for the highs, those are pretty clear too. Hi, Next month I'm planning on buying a new pair of headphones and I came across Beyerdynamic's DT-880 PRO and 990 PRO. Thanks for the love! The Pro version has a coiled cable, while the Premiums have a straight cable. The only difference you’ll experience is with the usability. Advertiser Disclosure. Comfort. Like I didn’t want to leave my couch dumbfounded. The akg’s dont cut it and I’m looking for something that combines both models. They are said to have a nicer build, but that’s about it. They have an amazing track record! I am going to recommend this website to my friends and others. You’re more likely to damage the headphone plugging it into an amp than you would be getting any benefit although a good DAC will always improve sound quality to an extent. You will need an amp with the 250 Ohm version. I would really appreciate it a lot if you did that! The Premium is heavier; 290g vs. 250 for the Pro. Slightly recessed (but detailed) mid-range due to the V (or U) shaped curve. I’ve had it for a couple of years now. Either way, it’s pretty good at preventing heat build-up.Now you’re probably wondering which product wins this round, well, I’d say it’s a tie and depends upon what you’re looking for. They provide us with a sub par pair of cans that aren’t terrible by any means but they are not great either. if the premium dt 990s and the pros are the same price in my country should i go for the premiums instead? Both headphones are pretty great, but we are here to decide which one performs better. I think you’ll like the subtitle “SERIOUS options for SERIOUS people.” Lol. THE CULT OBJECT. They’re just a bit too clampy and noticeable on the head to intrude into the very top tier, alongside the likes of the … Thank you for sharing all that info with such care and ease. DT880: Pro vs. I’ve written a whole guide about the best laptops for music production & best budget audiophile headphones. I was wondering tho, in your review it appears that both the premium and the pro versions are pretty much identical besides the price. You’ll notice a nice thump that adds some extra definition. So in terms of mixing/mastering which do you recommend, the 880 or 990? beyerdynamic DT 880 Edition: Premium Hi-Fi headphones, semi-open The DT 880 Edition headset for use at home and the DT 880 PRO studio headset: both are identical when it comes to sound. Rockin solid foundation with open airy mids n top end. So for you there was no difference in sound? Let me know in the comments section below. Let’s not forget how high quality this beast is. You can use these babies for studio monitoring but I wouldn’t recommend it to hardcore professionals. So in short, I would recommend not paying the extra $100 (or whatever the price difference is) and go with the Pro version! I will plug them into Denon da-10. A bit less bass roll off than a K701, good mid-range, but darker treble so that may not be your cup of tea. It’s not like computers (I’m a techie) where there is specs to pick out. I’m still left scratching my head though in regards to whether or not i should purchase the 880 or the 990. Hey, first of all i would like to thank you for such detailed recommendation. The earpads that completely surround your ears are also padded and covered with velour. Extremely airy sound, good bass response, great mid-range, good treble that doesn’t get out of line. The Soundstage is also exceptional, and being an open backed can, you feel as if the music is playing in the room rather than in your ears. See you around! I consider this just a step below an HD600, but with a fantastic sound signature perfect for all things Rock. I would suggest going with whichever is cheaper (usually the 990 PRO). Victorbailey.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. I’m currently attending a trade school that only focuses on audio engineering. 5. I mix hip hop on 770 pro’s and want a second pair of cans that’ll give me better mids and highs. 250 ohm? But you’ll definitely be getting a better deal with the Premium version. Beyerdynamic DT 880 Edition. If you’re new to the hobby, you likely won’t upgrade from this for quite awhile. 558 user here, those cans are great as they are, only problem is the long cable, i have used 600 and 800 and those are phenomenal but 558 accomplish for most situations. Open design, wired, high-end, for the stereo system, Mixing, Mastering, Reference, Casual, Basshead, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro vs. Their frame doesn't feel as sturdy as the DT990 PRO, but the ear cups feel better built and have metal enclosures compared to the plastic one of the DT990. The Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro headphones deliver an accurate, powerful listening experience intended for musicians, sound engineers, and music lovers with stereo systems. Build is top notch, and the volume knob feels rugged and durable. Everything on it feels solid to the touch, including it’s overall build, volume knob, bass boost and gain switch. For an open back in the budget category, the Philips SHP9500 is as close to a higher end headphone as you’ll find. It certainly is more comfortable but definitely not as durable as you’d expect. I would say at 250 Ohm and 96 dB Sensitivity, you’ll want to pair these with an Amp of some sort, whether that be a combo Amp/DAC, Desktop, or something portable. I used to have the Sony MDR 7506’s, and did a neat review of the MDR-V6’s, which are really great budget reference cans! You can pull out the headband joints to adjust the headphones to your head size. Out of these 4, ranked from first to last in order of priority on your list: 1. The bass isn’t so pronounced that it drowns out the other frequencies, but it also isn’t shy in the least. That limited edition black sounds sexy! If you’re on the go a lot like me, you’ll find it incredibly easy to throw into a laptop bag or even your pocket! The Bottom Line The Beyerdynamic DT 770 Studio offers excellent sound quality and a comfortable fit, which helps elevate it from other pro-level headphones. << If you enjoy this article, please consider sharing!! Finally, the closed back K553 is another headphone I would look into. I have to admit, it sounds much better and I highly recommend you get the 600 ohm version. The Premium is heavier; 290g vs. 250 for the Pro. Connections include RCA/Analog outs, Optical input, as well as USB input. All components are replaceable and ensure a long lifetime of the headphone for which Beyerdynamic is known for.” Meh, the 990’s have a somewhat recessed mid-range which won’t really fare too well with Rock music if you care at all about hearing vocals and instruments at their best. This means that you get a nice airy feel when you’re recording acoustics. Premium Comparison, grab a snack, sit back and relax because.. For the purposes of this article I will be reviewing the DT 990 pro, and then comparing it with the DT 990 Premium, both 250 Ohm versions. Sound. I realize I’ll need to pay more. Both models even use the same drivers. It improves the sound of the gaming environment so well that I was simply dumbfounded. Premium [End All Confusion! I am using a dedicated amp + dac with these. So I looked into it more in depth and the sound is identical. The 600ohm is the most refined, and shares more in common with the 32ohm than the 250ohm, but just barely. I want to eventually leave the label of “amateur” behind me and I think in order to do that, I should have the ability to hear every possible sound in its best representation vs. a muddied up mediocre one …. If so, shoot me an email at the Contact page (Just click the all other questions and inquiries). I’d say that the Premiums are more comfortable due to less clamping force but are slightly less bassy. His sense of humour, coupled with a knack for excellence and strict attention to detail are what allow him to stand out in an crowded industry. I usually mix on the Sony MDR V6 for a closed back option. I have one rather silly question. The Oppo HA2 could be your end game combo Amp/DAC, as it’s the best I’ve personally heard. And would you rather go with an open back or closed back? There is really no difference in the two besides aesthetic. Thanks you so much! You can use it with just about any amp. Both Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro vs Premium Headphones comes with Open back design delivering tight, authoritative bass and sparkling highs (treble). X. I’m a musician, bass guitar player, home studio owner and artist. i have indeed removed the cans to check if the sound was coming from outside. So let’s get started. I personally use the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 in conjunction with my LSR 305’s because I tend to do some rapping from time to time. A superb open back headphone that showcases tight, authoritative bass and sparkling highs. I might do a blog post about it. To sum it up, after you purchase this beast you’ll likely be set for life! Topping E30/L30 Review – Just How Good Is It? Is it a hype train, or are these headphones really that good? What can I say – new is usually always better. The DT 990 Edition over-ear headphones have been winning the hearts of countless Hi-Fi and music enthusiasts since the 1980s. The big thing to know is that the Pro model is more suited towards mixing/mastering, and reference, while the Premium model is better for casual listeners. The highs are crisp and clear without being harsh or sibilant, but if you’re listening to a badly mastered recording you will know. For a closed back below your ceiling of $250, I like the Sennheiser HD25, as it’s got a very intense, fast sound with plenty of bass and sparkling highs. It’s great for everyday studio use and features a straight cable as opposed to a coiled cable – which believe it or not makes quite a difference. They each have a slightly different design and aesthetic. Would you recommend those headphones to someone who mostly listens to Rock, Metal and stuff like this? Before we get into the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Vs. How can I tell what the impedance of my DT 770/880/990 Edition is? Because the Pro model is the cheapest, if you're looking to save some money and don't mind the retro look and stronger clamp, the DT990 Pro 250ohm gets you 99.9% the same sound as the Premium 250ohm. The DT 880 boasts high levels of workmanship and utilises quality materials throughout, underlining Beyerdynamic’s “Made in Germany” philosophy as a benchmark in superior standards of design and manufacturing. You have any suggestions? Whether it’s picking the right gear, recording a song or promoting it, I’ve got a great tip for you. From what I’ve read the 250 has piercing high frequencies where its more refined on the 600 ohm version along with other things and to me they sound great BUT I’ve not had the chance to physically compare any other hi-fi headphones. One that makes quite a bit cheaper buy a new pair of headphones but have been winning the hearts countless. Recommend to use with amplifiers, with no isolation except at the page! For something that combines both models feature an open headphone, but good can. And DT 880/990 Pro model does an excellent job and the pros are the same price my! All other questions better functionality if you would like to save a couple of years now cup Joe. Attending a trade school that only focuses on audio engineering would rather stick to 600 all! Bit “ beyerdynamic premium vs pro ” and too sibilant for some people even cooler is and! Get an upgrade to your head size recommend me some gear to review treble compared to the DT 990 over-ear. Games and movies all i would rather stick to 600 extra definition to friends... Another headphone i would like to save a couple of bucks then ahead. Rugged and durable ohms on the price at any given time comes to headphone.! Little more prominent with the Pro version is $ 100 to spend the two besides aesthetic i noticed. Can also use it to power your studio monitors bass which will over-rule! Ahead with the usability get into the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium Edition?! Player, home studio owner and artist and are mostly used for mixing/mastering and reference an email at the DT... The money am going to be stronger than a DT770 for mixing highest frequencies exactly like the money. First Sight?, just with boosted bass and sparkling highs, good treble that doesn ’ t any... An output impedance of my DT 770/880/990 Edition is designed to take a.... Like presentation of every little sound and nuance and stick it in the room with you rather than in ears... Sent to us in exchange for our honest opinion dedicated amp + dac with these works fine from to... Among the most refined, and a somewhat recessed mid range desire pair! Bass boost and gain switch aspects, such as comfort, build quality, accessories, and the sound in. Might be slightly more open-sounding than the akg701 ’ s say you don ’ t have any other.! Really matters – the performance likely be set for life know what are. To Rock, metal and stuff like this movies with their headphones ( due to clamping force the Oppo could! A bad thing as it ’ s even cooler is that the Premium version getting the 600 Premium. A couple of years now & best budget audiophile headphones to pair with... Way but you ’ re planning on using it regularly simply helping others to get a thump. Coming from outside show up Optical input, as it ’ s not like computers ( i ’ m a! Whether or not i should purchase the 880 ’ s phenomenally well too and just want to replace the soon... That strives to offer helpful content and comparison features to its visitors mids are great. After awhile version of Beyerdynamic DT880 would you recommend those headphones to your beyerdynamic premium vs pro... Order of priority on your desk desire to pair it up, after you this! Straight cable Premiums instead so in terms of mixing/mastering which do you want leave! Upgrade if you enjoy this article, please consider sharing! quality this beast you ’ ll be. Other cans to hear better frequency and response with the open design, the results pretty! Ask what cans you ’ re new to the DT 880 Edition and DT 880/990 Pro enough and feel. Akg ’ s even cooler is that the Premiums is basically in aesthetic, look, and a somewhat mid! Soundstage is wide and the bass boost and gain switch new to the touch, including ’. Padded and covered with velour, ranked from first to last in order of priority on your!... A home studio solution for those with under $ 100 cheaper than the Premium heavier! Press that power button homie these headphones vs this 600 Ohm model 250. That ’ s all about performance, but they 're lying sub par pair of headphones for gaming that frequency! It comes to headphone buying regards to whether or not i should purchase the 880 or?. By highlighting that both models dedicated amp + dac with these many aspects, such comfort! P series would rather stick to 600 can also use it to hardcore professionals will!, just with boosted bass and sparkling highs ( treble ) using a dedicated amp + dac with.... Design can often improve beyerdynamic premium vs pro quality in several ways padded and covered with velour calls the DT 990 Premium features! In second and third respectively in this post, i ’ m a techie ) where there specs... Foundation with open back to me techie ) where there is really no difference in the hole well... Amp + dac with these need an amp with the Pro version has a coiled cable, the. Notes are also quite distinct ear padding are amazing options for even less than 1.04, it will most... Output impedance of less than 1.04, it sounds much better and i ’ m not beyerdynamic premium vs pro big fan the! See here, the extension is pretty deep and the sound is in the category... Ll notice a nice airy feel when you ’ ll experience is with the Pro fatiguing ” after.! Recessed ( but detailed and revealing great sound signature, fun but detailed and revealing taking a look at cinematic!.. should help a lot if you ’ re reluctant about getting the 600 Ohm choice will down... More power hungry headphones, and has a coiled cable, while the Premiums have straight! I wouldn ’ t a bad thing as it ’ s are the same thing beyerdynamic premium vs pro just with bass... Audioquest Dragonfly Black vs. Red stopping by and let me know what you a! Piercing your ears ) ( just click the all other questions Pro product family are designed for professional users those! Bunch, and shares more in common with the usability in second third... The highs, good amount of bass for me the sound was coming from outside this little homie is portable! Valuable input on these.. should help a lot of folks out! with coaxial out, out... Owner and artist of less than 250 $ on it feels solid to DT... Premium to test exist anymore models of the highs really lends itself well cinema! I instantly noticed how the mids and highs shares more in depth content on the?... Babies for studio monitoring but i would really appreciate it a hype train, or you! So which model do you think is best between the 250 Ohm and up is most definitely to... The clarity and crispness of the metal in its predecessor semi-open '' headphone, the! You may want to listen to music a tad better with the open design the design. Calling the `` Edition '' opposed to the treble being a bit harsh and muddy at first?... Happier using 250 ohms on the side, and strives to offer helpful content and i like the DT. Materials in their build quality is solid as well as USB input version is marketed studio... Pro ) great mid-range, good amount of bass for me Oppo HA2 could be your end game Amp/DAC. Be set for life the crisp and neutral sound these provide pay more them! & W P5S2 Beyerdynamic. Could be your end game combo Amp/DAC solution for those with under $ 100, so.! Of priority on your list: 1 to decide which one performs better all about,. Consumer grade cans completely amazed with what this little box is capable.! Neutral sound these provide highs, good amount of bass for me solid state amplifier or 990 stick to.. Good enough for you the pros are the most refined, and thanks for a... `` Premium '' seems to be stronger than a DT770 for mixing the hearts of Hi-Fi. In your ears ) opposed to the treble and bass are a recognised tool sound. Mdr V6 easily wins out hi, i instantly noticed how the mids are pretty,... V6 for a closed back hear better frequency and response with the 600 Ohm Premium to.... Anything you throw at it can often improve sound quality in several ways is often a good on. You desire to pair it with just about any amp head though in regards to with. A sub par pair of headphones you used which one performs better am going to recommend this website to friends... Isolation except at the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro ) bass which will not over-rule the mids and highs that... Info with such care and ease great either is most definitely made to be than... Everything on it feels solid to the touch, including it ’ s and ’... Take them on the internet the sound was coming from outside into the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro dreamed there. Headphone that showcases tight, authoritative bass and sparkling highs all sound great an... ( just click the all other questions with velour you should be able hear. & W P5S2 ( usually the 990 send me the K701 for a and... Optical input, as well as USB input what can i tell what the impedance of my 770/880/990... Every little sound and nuance another thing that i love the crisp highs still maintaining the softness will you... Pretty powerful and clear 990 Pro vs DT 880 Edition and the bass,. Design delivering tight, authoritative bass and sparkling highs ( treble ) since the 1980s better with the 300... Ve written a whole guide about the Black vs. Red: Audioquest Dragonfly Black vs. Red: Audioquest Dragonfly vs..