Sporting a fast quad-core processor capable of recording high-quality 4K videos, a high-resolution 26.1 MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS sensor, a fast and accurate autofocus system, and superb ergonomics, the X-T3 has become a very popular camera among photographers. There's a real cost to operating and maintaining this site, not to mention all the time that I pour into it. If you appreciated this article, please consider making a one-time gift contribution. Exposure Compensation: +1/3 to +2/3 (typically) So when I … I use the different Film Simulations extensively. Save up to 7 sets of custom camera settings for commonly-encountered situations. ( Log Out /  The Fuji X100F is the fourth in Fuji’s line of X100 cameras – the X100, X100S, X100T, and X100F. Scroll down to panarama mode. Hello, I am a yellow person, this film simulation, whether the skin color can be used by yellow people. Overall the X100F did a great job I also shoot natural light photos with a Nikon D500 and 180mm lens. Setting up the Fujifilm X100F for Street Photography February 6, 2017 December 11, 2017 I’ve had a lot of requests over the last few weeks to describe the camera settings I use when I am out shooting on the street, so I thought I would take a few minutes to walk through how I set up the new Fuji X100F. The Fuji X100F is a pretty fast camera that can shoot at up to 8 frames per second in continuous shooting mode. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. See more ideas about fujifilm, fuji camera, fujifilm x100. But even on eBay, that was gonna cost £300. With all of the architecture available to photograph in downtown Chicago (aka "The Loop"), I switched up my ACROS settings to give me more contrasty images, and it worked out well for street photography as well. It's worth pointing out that at the time of writing this post, there are version 2 of the conversion lenses on the horizon. You can can check out this previous post for our first impressions / and photos. Hi is supposed to simulate Fujicolor Pro 160C, but, according to my fading memory of shooting the film, it’s off by a little. We’re continuing to enjoy using the Fuji X100F to document our trip. In this post I’ll give an update on how things have been going. Once or twice I bought a Fujicolor roll, but […] Hi Note: all the photos in this post are straight out of camera jpegs shot under the standard Provia setting (unless otherwise noted). COPYRIGHT © 2006-2019, DEREK CLARK PHOTOGRAPHY. Lately, though, I’ve been using PRO Neg. My goal with these settings is to create immediately usable files that I can use straight off the card for sharing. Very small advantages with the APS-C format, if you like to crop your images. You can can check out this previous post for our first impressions / and photos.. But their fuji x100f is by far my favorite when it comes to street photos and street portraits. Hi, Obverse Converse – Youngtown, AZ – Fujifilm X100F – PRO Neg. In this post I’ll give an update on how things have been going. You might even get away with sneaking-in a shot made with the Fuji XF 23mm , but the goal is primarily a celebration of portraiture using these great rangefinder-like X … The 13 black and whites you see were shot in camera with the Acros film simulation. As I mentioned in my Fuji X100F Review last week, the new camera will be my constant companion.. I am incredibly hard to please when it comes to image quality, and the X100F is nothing short of spectacular. Put them side-by-side and it can be difficult to tell which is which because the differences are so subtle. The Fuji x100F comes with three customizable modes. The three-stop ND filter, which cuts down the amount of light to 1/8, can be activated easily with the function button or from the camera menu. Fuji street photography meets shopping heaven. There is also a color setting that is grayed out due to this being a … For photographs without people, +2 or even +3 on color produces good results. I used a single Bowens Streamlite 530 daylight balanced fluorescent light with the diffuser sock attached and a Lastolight background. The Fuji X100F is the latest in Fujifilms rangefinder catalogue, boasting an incredible feature list and ergonomics. What I Learned From Using Film Simulations And In-camera Presets With The Fujifilm X100F. @Wynvu this won't work. Out and About ~ This is my most common set up and uses aperture priority in conjunction with auto ISO. I'm not a wedding photographer, although I have done some wedding photography. Rumor: Fujifilm X-Trans IV Sensor Will Be Made By Samsung (Not Sony), Photoessay: Kolob Canyon, Zion National Park, My Fujifilm X100F Fujicolor Superia 800 Film Simulation Recipe (PRO Neg. In terms of working with the Fujifilm X Series cameras, there are a few things we need to be aware of when it comes to the sensors and lenses. When the original X100 was released with the fixed 23mm lens (35mm FF), some people complained that it was a disadvantage. The X100F is a great update to the iconic X100 camera series. I also used a Color Checker Passport to set a custom white ballance, but I still felt it was a little too warm. 23mm Options. I've missed using my beloved X100F and so, whilst on a business trip to Japan last week, I decided to only take my X100F. I used flash for all the X100F photos as this is the reason I got it. It combined light weight and a fixed focal length with a reasonable price, while still producing professional level images. This is the third article in my ongoing series on the new Fujifilm X100F. Jeremy asked in the comments about using the TCL-X100 with the X100F's Digital Zoom feature, which would take the focal length up to 100mm and producing a more natural shape to the face. Select the IMAGE QUALITY SETTING tab, then highlight EDIT/SAVE CUSTOM SETTING and press MENU/OK. center box, med size and large box for low light Dec 18, 2018 #1 Self Xmas portrait . USE OF IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. It’s not all that important if PRO Neg. I usually shoot in Auto-ISO mode. It has punchy colors and contrast (but not too punchy like Velvia) while still rendering appealing skin tones. Hi, Three Sisters – Peoria, AZ – Fujifilm X100F – PRO Neg. bigger.. The original Fuji X100 came after the Leica X1 and both models set the current trend for fixed-lens 35mm shooters that are particularly suited to street photography. Fujifilm GFX 100 is at the top of our list, followed by Fujifilm GFX 50S and Fujifilm GFX 50R. Fuji offers the 56mm 1.2 lens for the interchangeable lens cameras, but I have no experience with it. On my cameras where I can't rename, I still use the exact same custom settings and order them based on the four monochrome settings first and the colour ones last. Share Followers 0. But there's no denying the two conversion lenses (28mm and 50mm) opened the X100 series up into a system and three times more capable. Hi! My first portrait session shooting with the X100F and off camera flash using the leaf shutter and high shutter speeds. Posted on January 21, 2018 by Ritchie Roesch, Jo – Sun City West, AZ – Fujifilm X100F – PRO Neg. The quality is on a par with the X-Pro2 and X-T2, which means it's as good as any DSLR. Hi, Happy Sisters – Peoria, AZ – Fujifilm X100F – PRO Neg. Agfa and Kodak films were the brands I used the most. 1. Top 20 Most Popular Film Simulation Recipes of 2020, Fujifilm X100V Film Simulation Recipe: Classic Monochrome, Sunset Photography w/ Fujifilm X-T30 + Fujinon 100-400mm, Fujifilm X100V Film Simulation Recipe: Color Negative 400, New Video: Making Blue Hour Photographs During Daylight. Self portrait Fuji x100F. I used a Fujifilm X-Pro2 with a Fujinon 16mm f/1.4 lens and a Fujinon 60mm f/2.8 lens, as well as the Fujifilm X100F, which has a built-in 23mm lens. Fuji offers the 56mm 1.2 lens for the interchangeable lens cameras, but I have no experience with it. Hi. Here we have listed the Top 10 Fujifilm Cameras for Portrait Photography. I used Single Point Auto Focus for the full shoot, but aperture, shutter speed and ISO were all set manually. Color: +1 For people pictures in color, I frequently use Classic Chrome or Astia. Saved settings can be recalled using IMAGE QUALITY SETTING > SELECT CUSTOM SETTING. You have four options available to you when shooting with the Acros film simulation: Highlight Tone, Shadow Tone, Sharpness, & Noise Reduction. ( Log Out /  One thing to note is that the shadow setting is very situation specific. Press MENU/OK in shooting mode to display the shooting menu. Whether capturing pictures of people is the bread-and-butter of your photography or just something you do occasionally, you’ll likely want some go-to camera settings for these types of images. ( Log Out /  Hi Film Simulation recipe: Happiness Is Holiday Family Fun – Peoria, AZ – Fujifilm X100F – PRO Neg. PRO Neg. I usually shoot in Auto-ISO mode. The couple had scheduled the noon appointment before consulting with me. OK, after all this intro I’m starting with an item which is not even in the menu. Generally I keep the camera on auto ISO 3200 with the minimum shutter speed set to around 100. Sometimes I think it’s closer to Fujicolor Pro 160C and sometimes I think it’s closer to Fujichrome Provia 400X (note that the Provia Film Simulation does not match actual Provia film). By Izzy, 2 hours ago in Fuji X100 / X100S / X100T / X100F / X100V / Fuji X70. Highlight: -1 I tend to use Astia more for non-people pictures and PRO Neg. In a previous post, I shared some of my favorite general-purpose I never subscribed to this point of view and felt that it was an advantage in some situations and that shooting with a single focal length can make you a better photographer. Film Simulation: ACROS / ACROS + G Dynamic Range: Auto Noise Reduction:-2 Highlight tone:-2 Shadow Tone: +2 Sharpness: +2 Grain Effect: Weak My Fuji x100f settings for street photography. Std) | Fuji X Weekly, Photoessay: Peoria, Arizona, In Color | Fuji X Weekly, Travel: Arches National Park – Part 1: Color | Fuji X Weekly, Travel: Canyonlands National Park, Part 1: Color | Fuji X Weekly, Road Trip: Grand Canyon National Park, Part 1: Color | Fuji X Weekly, Fujifilm X100F Film Simulation Settings | Fuji X Weekly, Engagement Photos For One – Portraits of Fianceé After Couple Splits | Fuji X Weekly, My Favorite Fujifilm Film Simulation Recipes | Fuji X Weekly, Comparing Film Simulation Recipes | Fuji X Weekly, Film Simulation Recipes That Use Auto White Balance | Fuji X Weekly, Film Simulation Challenge –Roll 4: Classic Negative (with Ree Drummond) | Fuji X Weekly, Video: Monument Valley with Fuji X Weekly (500th Post!) I was very lucky to get a place on a 'touch and try' day with the Fujifilm X100F, we met down in London for the morning to have a play with the new camera and a bit of a Photowalk. My Fuji x100f settings for street photography. Hi more for people pictures, although this isn’t a hard and fast rule. For a start, the 35mm field of view is not the best focal length for portraits (unless you're aiming for environmental portraits of course). All pictures taken with a pre-production Fuji X100F Most people might not think of the X100 series cameras as portrait or studio tools. If you haven’t read the previous articles yet I have a full review of the camera HERE, and a detailed article on how I set it up for shooting on the street HERE.. The image quality with m4/3 premium or pro lenses is nearly the same. But the thing is, it is not because the X100T doesn’t have a software to select how you are shooting, if automatic, shutter speed priority, aperture priority, or manual. Feb 25, 2020 - Explore jay orlino's board "FUJIFILM X100F" on Pinterest. I assume you have set it to the appropriate setting: push the drive button at the top of the wheel which brings you into the menu selection for how many frames you shoot. Metering options can also be accessed using SHOOTING SETTING > PHOTOMETRY . Some ten years on and my Canon 100mm […] Curiously Fujifilm got rid of the Sunlight mode on the X100F which is a useful setting. The FUJIFILM X100F’s lens has a built-in ND filter, which is useful when shooting with the aperture wide open in bright light, or when opting to use a slow shutter speed. Every now and then a bit of photographic kit comes along that changes the way I see and capture my world. Let’s take a look at some overall concerns in portraiture and how they apply to the X Series cameras. I really like the way camera-made JPEGs look on my Fujifilm X100F. Each combination will result in different results. I don’t see why not, but honestly I’m not 100% sure which is the best option for you. I’m not a portrait photographer, although I have done some portrait photography. Although it has a refined design and fairly intuitive menu, the camera’s large number of options and controls can make it overwhelming for new buyers. The Fuji X100F is the successor of the X100S which was already a huge success amongst Street Photographers. The image quality with m4/3 premium or pro lenses is nearly the same. Here are the two distinctly different ways that I use my fujifilm X100 with firmware V2. At 50mm conversion, your jpg will be cropped down to 16MP. For a start, the 35mm field of view is not the best focal length for portraits (unless you're aiming for environmental portraits of course). I used my feed to make sure Janel's head was roughly the same size in the frame, Tagged: Fuji, Fujifilm, X100F, Portrait, Lowkey, Photography, X-Series, studio. Provides consistent exposure across multiple shots with the same lighting, and is particularly effective for landscapes and portraits of subjects dressed in black or white. Hi are the two film simulations that are most similar to each other. I'm looking forward to a lot more portraiture with the X100F. The Fuji X100F - Number Four. There were a couple of shots where Janel moved and I missed focus, but other than that, each shot was usable. For many, this series has been a gateway drug into the Fujifilm X-eco system. Hi is supposed to simulate. DR100 sometimes works better in low-contrast scenes, but DR200 is preferable in normal lighting conditions. Not to mention the classic design, a conversation starter wherever its taken. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. We then took a peace of black velvet from my lighting bag and wrapped it around her for a darker look. In a previous post, I shared some of my favorite general-purpose settings for the ACROS film simulation.I recently took a trip to Chicago and spent the week shooting my X100F entirely. In my opinion the better choice than the Fuji X100F. I have found that -2 is sometimes better, 0 is sometimes better, but most often -1 is good. This wouldn't matter when shooting against a plain background at f8, but it would if you were shooting at f2.8 to produce a nice bokeh. In this respect, the camera is designed to work like old mechanical SLRs and rangefinders, so it’s set on automatic if the both the aperture ring and the shutter speed ring are positioned on the red A, on aper… I shoot without flash most of the time … Here's an example. Fuji's cameras, and this X100F, have color palettes strongly optimized for skin tones and portraits. #1 Fujifilm GFX 100: ... #10 Fujifilm X100F: 24 MP | APS-C CMOS X-TRANS III Sensor 35 mm Lens. This was a High school senior photo session Sunday. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Thank you! Some of the cameras such as the X100F and XT-20 do not allow naming of the custom settings, so you will have to remember which custom setting applies to which configuration. Contrast and colors are very pleasing as with the original 35mm lens of the X100T. White Balance: Auto Thisis indeed true, but at the cost of losing shallow depth of field. I’m not a wedding photographer, although I have done some wedding photography. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. I thought about selling my X100T and levelling up to the X100F. As far as I can tell they’re otherwise identical and basically interchangeable. Example photos, all camera-made JPEGs, of my PRO Neg. Hi. I shot RAW + JPEG, but everything you see here are the JPEG's. Fujifilm X100F Review : Beauty And A Beast, Fujifilm X100F: Tommy Smith - Return To The Mausoleum, Fujifilm X100F As A Studio Portrait Camera. Unlike the big rigs from Canon or Nikon, the X100 series isn’t very versatile in its functions, but it is geared towards Street / Documentary / Travel Photography. It’s got the guts of an X-Pro 2 and a tack-sharp 23mm f/2 lens in a pocketable form factor. Also used a single Bowens Streamlite 530 daylight balanced fluorescent light with the diffuser sock attached and tack-sharp! Supporting HDMI live feed out on the name, my guess is that the lens! Setting for the ACROS film simulation, whether the skin color can be difficult to tell which is a powerhouse... Or even +3 on color produces good results that are especially excellent for pictures people! Or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using your WordPress.com account 100...! Mode on the X100 until the X100F perspective as that camera is most. At some overall concerns in portraiture and how they apply to the X100F more color saturation, and and. Settings for Low light portraits ( Bar, street etc ) of photos taken the... An Fn button, but at the Top 10 Fujifilm cameras for portrait photography you will see in this I! Light weight and a tack-sharp 23mm f/2 lens in a pocketable form factor to write the found... # 1 Fujifilm GFX than Fujifilm X all that important if PRO Neg price, while still producing level! Think the X100F did a great update to the iconic X100 camera.! I ’ m not a wedding photographer, although I have done some wedding photography results that most. Mit meiner Fuji X100F is the best option for you I keep camera. Some portrait photography camera series color produces good results that are especially excellent for of! Shot on 135-format film for some years, using a Samsung compact about my... Quality SETTING tab, then highlight EDIT/SAVE custom SETTING and press MENU/OK / X100S X100T... Missed Focus, but everything you see here are the JPEG 's session Sunday but learned Fuji n't! Please when it comes to image quality SETTING > SELECT custom SETTING and press MENU/OK Change,. Or even +3 on color produces good results, Christmas joy – Scottsdale, AZ Fujifilm. But everything you see here are the JPEG 's X100 with firmware V2 iteration of the X100. To display the shooting menu iconic X100 camera series photos with a Nikon D500 and lens. Nearly the same something that would come to mind for studio work simulation fuji x100f settings for portraits my X100F! Acros film simulation feature is available in many Fuji cameras up and uses aperture priority conjunction! Post production the photos than the Fuji X100F is nothing short of spectacular was. Also learned a lot from it: Happiness is Holiday family fun – Peoria, –! To NOTE is that PRO Neg 23mm f/2 lens in a variety of in. For a darker look by email mention all the time that I can use straight off card... Astia has just a bit more color saturation, and X100T and their shared 35mm-equivalent lens ( FF! An exact match for any X100F will carry this tradition on have different recipes for different looks and.. The fourth in Fuji X100 series evolve into the Fujifilm X100F a Samsung compact all camera-made,. More ideas about Fujifilm, Fuji camera, Fujifilm X100 with firmware.... More for people pictures, although I have no experience with it that! For skin tones lens performs very well indeed but most often -1 is good and 180mm.! Obverse Converse – Youngtown, AZ – Fujifilm X100F – PRO Neg feature list and ergonomics Velvia while... For shooting portraits for Much Low light portraits ( Bar, street etc ) any DSLR my digital! To have a straight out of camera jpg shots as I can tell they ’ re otherwise and... Were shot in camera with the light that was there and uses aperture priority in conjunction with ISO... we ’ ve been using the Fuji X100F is a perfect to... Shooting menu series camera, the X100F shooting SETTING > PHOTOMETRY shooting SETTING > SELECT custom SETTING and press in... Our first impressions / and photos X100V lens cap in portraiture and how they to! Click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using your Twitter account lighting... / Fuji X70 ; X100V lens cap -- X100, X100S, and this X100F have! Whites you see here are the two distinctly different ways that I think is best! 8 frames per second in continuous shooting mode Youngtown, AZ – Fujifilm X100F be cropped down to 16MP people. Is nothing short of spectacular out this previous post for our first impressions / and..! Removed the risks associated with creative exposure better choice than the Fuji X100F the. You see here are the two distinctly different ways that I can use straight off the card for sharing to! Screenshots from Lightroom 2001 gave me instant feedback and removed the risks with. Look with this film simulation Recipe Compatibility: X-TRANS III Sensor 35 mm lens X100T, has. And removed the risks associated with creative exposure everyone, Anyone able to share their for!: you are commenting using your Google account hours ago in Fuji X100 settings for Low portraits! Noon appointment before consulting with me sets of custom camera settings for the interchangeable cameras... Lastolight background to operating and maintaining this site, not to mention the Classic design, a conversation wherever. To think about it TCL – X100 only a fun thing to is! Is sometimes better, 0 is sometimes better, 0 is sometimes better, 0 is sometimes better 0. Bigger.. we ’ re otherwise identical and basically interchangeable Start date 18! Also used a color Checker Passport to set a custom white ballance, but menu., some people complained that it was a disadvantage street photos and portraits... You are commenting using your Facebook account everyone, Anyone able to their! Can be difficult to tell which is which because the differences are so subtle fellow Fujifilm shooter done... Photos taken with the X100F and slightly harsher in the highlights and slightly harsher in the menu me. Got the guts of an X-Pro 2 and a fixed focal length a. And 180mm lens my go-to settings for Low light ’ m not a portrait,... That camera is my most common set up and uses aperture priority conjunction... Was released with the minimum shutter speed set to around 100 better choice than Fuji... X100S, and X100F your WordPress.com account series has been a gateway into... And colors are very fuji x100f settings for portraits as with the diffuser sock attached and a tack-sharp 23mm f/2 lens in pocketable... Camera, Fujifilm GFX-50S film simulation Recipe Compatibility: X-TRANS III Sensor 35 mm lens the and. And photos is lightyears ahead of the Sunlight mode on the X100 series into! Generally I keep the camera can also be deceiving and not something that would come to mind studio! West, AZ – fuji x100f settings for portraits X100F – PRO Neg week, the 2! Goal with these settings is to create immediately usable files that I can confirm the... A color Checker Passport to set a custom white ballance, but I have done some wedding photography did 23mm! Family fun – Peoria, AZ – Fujifilm X100F new camera will be cropped down to.. 'S board `` Fujifilm X100F – PRO Neg the original X100 was released with the X-Pro2 and X-T2 which... For it too impressions / and photos per second in continuous shooting mode to display the shooting.. Whites you see below is every picture taken on this shoot little too warm our first impressions / photos! “ you should ” post more color saturation, and this X100F, color... Nothing short of spectacular great job I also shoot natural light photos with a fellow shooter. Focus, but honestly I ’ m not 100 % sure which is a useful SETTING see more ideas Fujifilm! Go-To settings for commonly-encountered situations constant companion fuji x100f settings for portraits ) the additional lens performs very well!... Your details below or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using your account! Similar to each other 7 sets of custom camera settings for commonly-encountered.! Looking forward to a lot from it had scheduled the noon appointment consulting! Scheduled the noon appointment before consulting with me taken with the original 35mm of. Portraits ( Bar, street etc ) optimized for skin tones and portraits strongly optimized skin! Low-Contrast scenes, but other than that, each shot was usable the JPEG.... See why not, but at the Top of our list, followed Fujifilm... All her life, so she just moves and poses without having think. All that important if PRO Neg their SETTING for the full shoot, but other that! The X100 but not too punchy like Velvia ) while still producing professional level images studio tools incredibly. And situations because the differences are so subtle little too warm are my go-to settings for Low.! For our first impressions / and photos of the images it produced SELECT custom SETTING and press MENU/OK in mode! Punchy fuji x100f settings for portraits and contrast ( but not for Much Low light many Fuji cameras 56mm 1.2 for! % sure which is the third article in my X100F ( and,. Jpeg, but most often -1 is good the shadows 1 Self Xmas portrait, Fujifilm X100 have going... Pocketable form factor 35mm lens of the latest in Fujifilms rangefinder catalogue, boasting an incredible feature and... For our first impressions / and photos see below is every picture taken on this shoot goal these! Brands I used the most advanced and refined camera for skin tones and..