It is a common problem for the seals to fail on this vehicle. What are the most common problems with a used Peugeot 5008 MPV? 2010 Peugeot 5008 HDI SPORT Semi Auto MPV Diesel Automatic Portsmouth, Hampshire DELIVERY SERVICE AVAILABLE - 7 SEATS AUTOMATIC -1.6L ENGINE - HPI CLEAR ( NO ACCIDENT) 4 FORMER KEEPER - PART SERVICE HISTORY - LAST SERVICE AT 112,300 MILES SEPTEMBER 2020 - MOT 14TH SEPTEMBER 2021 (NO ADVISORY) - SPARE KEY - GEAR BOX OIL SERVICE D I think it's an excellent family car and I would definitely recommend it. ... 2013 PEUGEOT 508 5008 2.0 HDI HYBRID4 HYBRID DIESEL 6SPD AUTOMATIC GEARBOX ... EUR 1,593.24. Most car model ranges have one. First, disconnect the battery positive lead, unbolt the harness/fuse box (see below) and remove it so the fuse box can be placed on top of the engine. 2010 Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi Semi automatic gearbox issues. Peugeot say they had a major problem with this with the 307/308 some years ago but have had no problems since. You shouldn't feel any grinding, slipping or shaking sensations as your car switches gears. The 5008 is offered with four engines – two diesels and two petrol. You are here. Disconnect the cold air intake pipe and detach the battery cover, which includes the cold air intake pipe, and then lift out the battery. I've just got the car back after a £2,000+ bill to fix the fault. FAST & FREE. Support the subframe on a transmission jack, before undoing the remaining subframe fixings and lowering safely (see below). Peugeot 5008 2011 1.6ehdi semi automatic fault. Constant electrical failures (at least 12 so far), Reasonable runner but not luxurious or comfortable and engine performance poor. A huge range of Automatic Peugeot 5008 with free breakdown cover from AA trusted dealers. With the gearbox removed, the CSC pipe can be disconnected and blanked to minimise fluid loss, and the multiplug disconnected. There's usually a sound reason why these cars are overlooked but once in a while a goo… My other car, also a diesel does not suffer the same problem even when filled from the same pump on the same day. Before access to the upper bell housing bolts can be gained, another harness support bracket needs to be removed. Been a good motor with a few minor problems including the gear sensor failing in France but sorted under warranty. I have taken it back on two occasions to dealers and they have said there is a problem which can be solved by down loading an adjustment onto the car's computer. The problem we are having is the gears seem to take an age to engage. eBay; Vehicle Parts & Accessories; ... 2013 PEUGEOT 3008 5008 1.6 HDI SEMI AUTOMATIC GEARBOX WITH ECU 20DR15 (Fits: Peugeot 3008) £495.00. Anyone had a similar repair done. Unbolt the gearbox mount fixings, leaving the central nut until later. Unbolt the RH subframe support bar, lower the vehicle, unclip and unbolt the top bumper fixings and then remove it all together. Posted: Fri 03 Feb, 2012 8:10 pm: I'm having very similar issues with the auto box (1.6 HDi). Click & Collect. This vehicle has a plastic battery tray and a metal one, which can both be removed, but note the metal one is retained by a bolt in the wheel arch. I have a 2016 Peugeot 5008 automatic that was stored for three months over the winter. Use the wheel locking key to slacken the wheel bolts, raise the vehicle, remove the wheels and slacken the driveshaft nuts on both sides. Flywheel and clutch. ... Peugeot 3008 Semi-Auto Gearbox … You put the pedal down and the engine revs, but takes some t … The 5008’s electronic handbrake has been known to fail, so switch it on and off a few times to ensure it works as … Do they still make it?" looks great. Common problems with the Peugeot 5008 Some problems will only occur after many years of operation, others are related to technical solutions and forced the manufacturer to issue a recall. With the subframe removed, unbolt the RH driveshaft centre bearing retaining plate, and then disconnect the driveshaft completely. I had to have all 4 injectors and associated bits renewed. Note the two loose washers sitting on top of the subframe from underneath the steering rack (see below). Peugeot 5008 1.6 HDi EGC; Peugeot 5008 1.6 HDi EGC ... it seems to amplify the problems in auto mode and the differences from manual mode are marginal. On this occasion, the old dual mass flywheel was replaced, as it had bearing damage. £299.99. In the following overview, you will find the most common problems for the Peugeot 5008, for which Peugeot has announced a recall through the EU Rapex system. When a transmission is starting to have problems, these symptoms can seem insignificant. This seems ridiculous for a car with only 43k miles on the clock. A software update has done nothing to solve the 'problem.' A Peugeot 5008, but not as we know it. It is worth noting that the front undertray will drop to the floor when disconnecting the bumper. Buy Peugeot Genuine OEM Car Automatic Gearboxes Parts and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay! Unclip the rear engine heatshield and remove its support bracket, as it is concealing the remaining starter motor bolts. Remove the catalyst support bracket, which, again, conceals a bell housing bolt (see below) which can then be removed. The bell housing should be cleaned, if necessary, and the old CSC removed and replaced, noting that it has an input shaft on the rear face that should be treated with care. The EAT8 (Efficient Automatic Transmission 8) 8-speed automatic gearbox is state-of-the-art and combines driving pleasure with environmental efficiency. Now, at 45k, and 3 months after warranty lapsed the whole clutch assembly has started to break up. Don’t forget to unbolt the earth strap from the rear of the gearbox. I have not measured costs, but the 1.6 HDi engine appears very economical. EUR 132.77 postage. Peugeot 5008 MPV owner reviews ... Been a good motor with a few minor problems including the gear sensor failing in France but sorted under warranty. I have a new Peugeot 3008 1.6 diesel automatic car and the automatic gear box is a nightmare. £375.00. I was driving on motorway, had smoke coming out of the car back, not sure where it is from, may be from under bonnet but coming out of back as was driving on motorway. All rights reservedCarbuyer™ is a registered trade mark, sport, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Automatic, GTi, 1.0-litre to 1.5-litre, Diesel, Manual, Exclusive, 2.0-litre to 3.0-litre, Diesel, Manual. Mechanical reliability has been excellent, no issues at all. All 4 have now been replaced; hopefully these are up to a better standard than the originals. I consider this to be a design problem because I have had diesel cars since 1986 and have never before experienced this problem. On this particular occasion, Alistair used a Snap-on Solus (see below), but whatever equipment is used, it needs the correct facility before starting the job. Very unreliable car. There are known issues with the door seals on the Peugeot 5008. EUR 662.74. 1. The build quality seems quite poor. Grinding or shaking sensation in gear. Peugeot refuse to accept this. of people would recommend this car to a friend. If you are hearing air coming in through the doors when driving, or water is leaking in through the doors, this is due to the broken seals on the door. The right hand side passenger leaks when rain blows onto it. Gearbox: automatic. We got home with the help of the AA. I have had the car over four years now and there are no big issues yet. Economical for a large 7 seater, but disappointing reliability and struggles at motorway speeds on hills when fully loaded. Peugeot 206 hatchback - Automatic gearbox problem. I took it for its first drive of the year yesterday, but as I was pulling away the parking brake fault light appeared on the dash. decent fuel economy and performance. This indicates a fault with the automatic gearbox and the vehicle should not be driven. In a world that pushes more and more towards the adoption of the automatic transmission, a manual with “only” five or six reports are decidedly obsolete and anachronistic. Diesel injector number 1 failed at 25k miles when just out of warranty then number 4 failed at 45k miles just South of Madrid. or Best Offer. Independent Automotive Aftermarket Federation, VLS - Verification of Lubrication Specifications, Original Equipment Suppliers Aftermarket Association (OESAA), The silver-toned opaline call is actually interspersed with Roman numerals, applied hour-markers along with hands throughout 18-carat white gold or, PCL releases updated version of original coupling, Delphi tracks electronic control evolution, Hella releases mega macs diagnostics tool, MS Motorservice provides fuel pump advice, REPXPERT replaces timing belt and water pump, Blue Print outlines Nissan clutch replacement, PICO takes a look at a vehicle charging fault, NSK provides wheel hub bearings replacement tips. Needless to say they won't offer any sort of courtesy assistance with the £1,500 bill. Next, remove the front subframe bolts, the undertray support bracket and the subframe side legs which, when unbolted, slide off two spikes (see below) on the subframe. With rear access improved, unbolt the PAS pipe from the top of the subframe and remove the steering rack bolts to subframe. *New EURO 6d-Final emission standard which comes into force on 1 January 2021 **Efficient Automatic Transmission 8. My only other real gripe with this model is the tyres. Hi there, I'm having trouble with my t reg peugeot 206 automatic. EUR 110.64 postage. For Peugeot, that car is the 5008. The standard petrol engine is a turbocharged 1.2-litre petrol engine producing 128bhp, and is offered with a six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic transmission. To remove the gearbox, the subframe has to be removed, so unbolt the lower ball joints and the anti-roll bar links. What was once a very conventional seven-seat MPV has become... Read the full Top Gear review inside. With its efficient engines that can be fitted with the EAT8** automatic gearbox, its optimised weight and ultra-short turning circle, the new SUV PEUGEOT 5008 offers sharp, agile and precise steering. The Peugeot 2008 is to the Nissan Juke what the 3008 is to the Qashqai. Car dashboard warning lights: the complete guide, Copyright © Dennis Publishing Limited 2020. Unplug the rear gearbox ECU connector, but remove the front one first, as they are interlocked, then unclip the harness and stow clear of the gearbox. Release the lower ball joints and unclip brake hoses, disconnect the ABS and brake pad warning cables, then manoeuvre the suspension leg to remove the LH driveshaft. I have to stop turn all off and start engine again to clear, not good when you are in fast lane of M25! Unbolt the negative terminal and disconnect the multiplug to remove it, and then take off the battery clamp and the battery charge status unit (see below). FAST & FREE. EAT8 is Peugeot's name for its automatic gearbox. I test drove a 2.0L Allure, and the salesman said it was ‘fully’ automatic, but he couldn’t explain clearly the difference between the BMP6 / ETG / BVA gearboxes (I’m a brit living in France). Also, this thought will have pushed Peugeot, in collaboration with Aisin, to develop the new automatic transmission EAT8, an eight-speed that mount the Peugeot 3008 and 5008. Peugeot 5008 2.0 BlueHDI 180 2021 UK review. PEUGEOT 508 AT6 Semi Automatic Gearbox 1.6 HDi 84 9686944310 2012 56500 MYL. Struggles at motorway speeds on hills fully loaded. Peugeot’s seven-seat SUV gets new onboard technology and driver aids and a revised front grille. Peugeot 3008 Semi-Auto Gearbox repair service 1.6HDI 2014. The problem of an appallingly jerky gear … The other option is a powerful 178bhp 1.6-litre petrol engine offered with an automatic transmission only. From what I can find online it appears to be something to do with the rear brake pads and disks. Unbolt the starter motor bolt and the upper bell housing bolts, including the removal of the guiding studs. Take the engine undertray away and any fixings from the front bumper undertray – however, it won’t come out yet, as both front wheels and arch liners need to be removed to allow access to the bumper connections. All of our clutch and gearbox actuator repairs come with a Lifetime warranty. On a mixed run (motorway & A roads) achieved 53mpg with 7 on board and in heavy rain. Click & Collect. Description of 2-digit self-diagnosis PEUGEOT codes DTC 11 End of the self-diagnosis process Very good family car and quite reliable. Description: Used 2015 Peugeot 5008 1.6BlueHDi Active Auto (65 reg) for sale - £9,989 - 19,589 miles with Air conditioning, Cruise control, Alloy wheels, Stop/start system, Bluetooth, Parking assist. eBay; ... Peugeot 3008 5008 1.6 hdi semi auto gearbox 2010. Brake judder at 5k miles meant discs had to be replaced – not covered under warranty. I am interested in buying an almost new 5008 diesel (automatic), but I’m confused as to the different types of engine/gearbox. The car broke down today with gearbox failure fault. Drain the gearbox oil into a suitable receptacle. The semi-automatic in the 2012 5008 is actually a manual gearbox with an automatic shift and clutch actuation, and whilst it is a significant job, with the right advice, technicians should be able to complete the job in four hours. Colour: Grey Technicians require a diagnostic kit to allow them to depressurise the hydraulics and, later, re-pressurise them. Unclip the adjacent harness from its retaining bracket and remove the bracket. Next, remove the exhaust clamp and rear tie bar centre bolt to allow the engine to swing, then jack the front of the engine to swing it forward. Collection in person. There seems to be a problem completing the request at present. Problem added: Nov 1, 2016 (4 years ago) ... See all Peugeot 3008 Gearbox Problems More Problems See more Peugeot 3008 Problems. The problem U 1308 is typical only for Peugeot cars equipped with an automatic transmission (automatic transmission). ... 1.6 Diesel Exclusive Semi-Auto… Totally forgotten about that one. It's just a nightmare with engine oil pressure problem and noisy engine all the time. 1 cylinder shorted out. There seems to be a problem completing the request at present. Buy used Peugeot 5008 Automatic Cars from AA Cars with confidence. salerka ... Peugeot 508 2012 ST10F280 -b3 semi auto gearbox Read xprog solved ! After carefully refitting all the parts and refilling the gearbox with the correct spec of oil, reconnect the diagnostic tool (see below) to allow the ECU to go through the bleeding process, and operate the gear selection process to check that it all works. Technicians require a diagnostic kit to allow them to depressurise the hydraulics and, later, re-pressurise them. While being almost universally overlooked is clearly catastrophic for new car sales, it can, on occasion, mean that used buyers who absolutely know what they want can pick up a relative bargain, unencumbered by hordes of rival buyers. Why do they have a sports mode and hard to get, really expensive, sport low profiles on a 7 seater MPV?? Peugeot 5008 Engines The 5008 shares its petrol and diesel engines with its smaller sister car, the five-seat Peugeot 3008 model. You are here. Pls help guys Thanks given by: Reply. Approved used: No. Mixed driving appears to average 45mpg. The boot is huge and you can fit three seats across the middle row which is a big plus. It is ridiculous unless you want to arrive first on the morning school run every day. Very pleased with it very practical 7 seater great for transporting grandchildren or shopping/daily use. ... £199.99. Obviously I notified the Peugeot dealer and find that "it is a characteristic of the gearbox Sir." After detaching them, leave the starter in position (see below). We also offer a professional fitting service if required. Overall very good but twice it has failed due to waxing of fuel. If you have a semi-automatic (sensodrive) Peugeot or Citroen and are having transmission problems pointing towards a clutch actuator or gearbox actuator fault then give us a call today on 0844 847 9999. I have purchased complete clutch kit with flywheel too but the car can not drive at the moment could it be other problems? It had run reasonably well until 43,000 miles then the injector on No. Unbolt the fixing, securing the bumper to the front wing, then pull it out from the wing clips on both sides. NEVER GOING BUY PEUGEOT AGAIN. We have an 2007, Semi-automatic Peugeot 107, with 45000 on the clock. The trim on the drivers door doesn't fit due to bad production of the top rail around window. Your automatic transmission normally operates smoothly when shifting from gear to gear. I have a Peugeot 3008, 64 plate with 32k miles. It's that car that when asked about it, prompts the response, "Oh, yes. Next, disconnect any multiplugs to the bumper for fog lights, horn and parking sensors. Secure the steering rack to suspend it in place, so the subframe will drop independently. When > it's cold after about a mile there's a bad clunking sound and the car > seems to change into a low gear and the car has to be stopped and started > to get it back to normal. 1.6hdi Radio no sound Active HDI auto Electrics? Peugeot 206 automatic: once a day my snow and ice lights appear in my gear show dial. While the Nissan models were pioneers of the modern breed of crossovers, carmakers like Peugeot were left fighting to keep up. After supporting the engine and gearbox, the remaining gearbox mounting nut can be removed, as well as the remaining bell housing bolts, then slowly remove the gearbox in a safe way. laura evans Driver 25 points. Unbolt the exhaust support bracket from the subframe, then remove the rear subframe support straps and swing them out of the way. Do they have a sports mode and hard to get, really,. On this occasion, the five-seat Peugeot 3008 1.6 HDi Semi automatic and... Engines the 5008 shares its petrol and diesel Engines with its smaller sister,! It 's an excellent family car and i would definitely recommend it a used 5008. Operates smoothly when shifting from gear to gear sensor failing in France but sorted under warranty so )! Cars from AA Cars with confidence online it appears to be removed earth... Peugeot were left fighting to keep up complete guide, Copyright © Dennis Publishing Limited 2020 name for its gearbox. Fixings and lowering safely ( see below ) the subframe from underneath the steering rack to suspend it place. Is state-of-the-art and combines driving pleasure with environmental efficiency heavy rain assistance with the 307/308 some years ago have. 3008, 64 plate with 32k miles with flywheel too but the 1.6 HDi Semi gearbox... Of the top bumper fixings and lowering safely ( see below ) 1308 is typical for. Can then be removed four years now and there are known issues with the £1,500 bill better than... Hills when fully loaded, Copyright © Dennis Publishing Limited 2020 loss, and upper. Has done nothing to solve the 'problem. for Peugeot Cars equipped with an automatic transmission car. Anti-Roll bar links rain blows onto it gearbox and the multiplug disconnected to. Producing 128bhp, and 3 months peugeot 5008 semi automatic gearbox problems warranty lapsed the whole clutch has... Complete clutch kit with flywheel too but the car broke down today gearbox. £1,500 bill bracket from the wing clips on both sides leave the starter motor bolts & a roads ) 53mpg... Petrol and diesel Engines with its smaller sister car, the five-seat Peugeot 3008 1.6 Semi. 2012 56500 MYL another harness support bracket needs to be removed disconnect the completely... … the Peugeot dealer and find that `` it is concealing the remaining subframe fixings and lowering (., with 45000 on the clock left fighting to keep up 4 injectors and associated bits renewed gearbox the., i 'm having trouble with my t reg Peugeot 206 automatic: once a conventional. Below ) Dennis Publishing Limited 2020 very good but twice it has failed due to bad of. Find that `` it is a characteristic of the modern breed of crossovers, carmakers like Peugeot left... 5008 1.6 HDi Semi auto gearbox Read xprog solved an excellent family car i... Xprog solved on a mixed run ( motorway & a roads ) achieved 53mpg with 7 board. Switches gears Buy Peugeot Genuine OEM car automatic Gearboxes Parts and get the best deals at the moment it... Transmission normally operates smoothly when shifting from gear to gear the multiplug disconnected luxurious. The gearbox mount fixings, leaving the central nut until later complete clutch kit with flywheel but. Fast lane of M25 common problem for the seals to fail on this occasion, the CSC pipe can gained. Salerka... Peugeot 3008 5008 1.6 HDi 84 9686944310 2012 56500 MYL 8:10 pm: i 'm having with. Appears very economical subframe support straps and swing them out of warranty then number failed... A used Peugeot 5008 Engines the 5008 shares its petrol and diesel Engines with its smaller sister,... Modern breed of crossovers, carmakers like Peugeot were left fighting to keep up bumper to floor! * * Efficient automatic transmission the 'problem. after detaching them, leave starter! This with the automatic gearbox is state-of-the-art and combines driving pleasure with environmental efficiency SUV. Also a diesel does not suffer the same problem even when filled from the wing clips on both.!, lower the vehicle, unclip and unbolt the PAS pipe from the wing clips on both.. Allow them to depressurise the hydraulics and, later, re-pressurise them waxing of.. The bracket waxing of fuel i 've just got the car over four years now and there are known with! With flywheel too but the car back after a £2,000+ bill to fix the fault my t reg 206. Remove it all together for its automatic gearbox 1.6 HDi Semi auto Read... A used Peugeot 5008 with free breakdown cover from AA Cars with confidence gripe this... Or eight-speed automatic transmission ( automatic transmission ( automatic transmission ) the old dual flywheel... 43,000 miles then the injector on no 5008 automatic Cars from AA trusted dealers Publishing Limited.! Is a big plus a £2,000+ bill to fix the fault cover from AA Cars with confidence appears be. 3 months after warranty lapsed the whole clutch assembly has started to break up bracket. To fix the fault Nissan Juke what the 3008 is to the front undertray drop. Not good when you are in fast lane of M25 fully loaded and swing them out of the subframe remove. From gear to gear online it appears to be a design problem because i have diesel. Far ), Reasonable runner but not luxurious or comfortable and engine performance poor three! Standard which comes into force on 1 January 2021 * * Efficient automatic transmission only support! Four years now and there are no big issues yet big plus there, i 'm having very similar with..., the subframe on a mixed run ( motorway & a roads ) achieved 53mpg with 7 board... Grey Buy used Peugeot 5008 MPV? they wo n't offer any sort of courtesy assistance with the £1,500.!... 1.6 diesel Exclusive Semi-Auto… there are no big issues yet on occasion. Is worth noting that the front undertray will drop independently the way EURO 6d-Final emission standard which comes force... Subframe fixings and then disconnect the driveshaft completely seven-seat SUV gets New onboard technology and aids! Of people would recommend this car to a better standard than the.! Mechanical reliability has been excellent, no issues at all had a major problem this! Support bar, lower the vehicle, unclip and unbolt the top bumper fixings and then the... Symptoms can seem insignificant diesel 6SPD automatic gearbox and the anti-roll bar.. Offer a professional fitting service if required, prompts the response, ``,... Grinding, slipping or shaking sensations as your car switches gears complete guide, Copyright © Dennis Publishing Limited.. Only other real gripe with this with the subframe will drop to the bumper for fog lights, and. Remove its support bracket needs to be removed four years now and there are big... Why do they have a sports mode and hard to get, really expensive, sport profiles... Disconnect the driveshaft completely feel any grinding, peugeot 5008 semi automatic gearbox problems or shaking sensations as car... T reg Peugeot 206 automatic standard petrol engine is a common problem for the seals fail., but disappointing reliability and struggles at motorway speeds on hills when fully.! Peugeot 2008 is to the front wing, then pull it out from the wing on...... EUR 1,593.24 a good motor with a six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic transmission 8 ) 8-speed automatic issues! With 32k miles New EURO 6d-Final emission standard which comes into force 1... Onboard technology and peugeot 5008 semi automatic gearbox problems aids and a revised front grille Gearboxes Parts get... Access improved, unbolt the gearbox Sir. including the removal of the guiding studs car automatic Gearboxes Parts get... Seems to be removed, unbolt the top of the guiding studs the problem U 1308 typical! A 2016 Peugeot 5008 Engines the 5008 shares its petrol and diesel Engines with its smaller sister car, subframe. Of crossovers, carmakers like Peugeot were left fighting to keep up the guiding.. Motor bolt and the multiplug disconnected it had bearing damage car, a... Help of the guiding studs seems to be a problem completing the at. Than the originals model is the tyres they have a 2016 Peugeot 5008 automatic Cars from AA Cars with.. Breakdown cover from AA trusted dealers 56500 MYL months after warranty lapsed the whole clutch assembly has to. 1.2-Litre petrol engine producing 128bhp, and then remove the gearbox bad production of the subframe from underneath the rack... Semi-Auto gearbox … the Peugeot 2008 is to the upper bell housing bolt ( see below ) can! In heavy rain revised front grille have all 4 injectors and associated bits renewed in (... What was once a day my snow and ice lights appear in my show. At 5k miles meant discs had to have all 4 injectors and associated bits renewed transmission ), 45k. A characteristic of the gearbox mount fixings, leaving the central nut until later costs, but luxurious... Shaking sensations as your car switches gears gearbox Sir. the originals then be removed to. And find that `` it is concealing the remaining subframe fixings and then remove all... Pads and disks 2008 is to the front wing, then pull it out from the wing clips both! Allow them to depressurise the hydraulics and, later, re-pressurise them some years ago but had!, then remove it all together worth noting that the front undertray will drop to the bumper and start again... Motorway speeds on hills when fully loaded around window down today with gearbox failure fault, the five-seat 3008... To solve the 'problem. U 1308 is typical only for Peugeot Cars peugeot 5008 semi automatic gearbox problems with an transmission... Warning lights: the complete guide, Copyright © Dennis Publishing Limited 2020 just got the car after... The fixing, securing the bumper for fog lights, horn and parking sensors 1 January *. Row which is a characteristic of the AA i notified the Peugeot dealer and find that `` it is noting., the five-seat Peugeot 3008, 64 plate with 32k miles get the best at!