I like looking through a post that can make people think. This simple combo works pretty well, but I later came across a post on Frugally Sustainable about how she uses marshmallow root in her homemade hair detangling spray. . Add the essential oils of your choice (some great choices are lavender, rose, peppermint, tea tree, ylang ylang, sweet orange, rosemary or a combination of any of these). These properties were recognized by the taxonomists who named it. My hair is Type 4 (b or c, I think) and my hair in it’s natural state is hard, dry, fragile… but I’m protein sensitive and my scalp is v sensitive! thank you for allowing me to comment! Do share! EDEN BodyWorks Almond Marshmallow Hydration Serum, EDEN BodyWorks Almond Marshmallow Split End Repair Masque, Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus KIDS Extra Moisturizing Detangler, Slippery Elm and Marshmallow Extracts, Anti-Frizz, Moisture & Shine 8 oz, Pack of 2. This blend works wonders as a detangling spray. Oh and if you want even more hydration you can use aloe juice in place of water. The roots and stem of the marshmallow plant secrete mucilage, which helps soften skin, lowers swelling, and kills bacteria. Its roots and leaves are used to: heal the skin; reduce inflammation; get rid of congestion; add soothing slip and softness to hair Welcome back to DIY Sundays! Bag), Contains Organic Non-GMO Marshmallow Root in Non-BPA Packaging, Marshmallow Root Powdered, Althaea Officinalis, Marshmallow Herb, Powdered, Nature's Answer Alcohol-Free Marshmallow Root Extract, 1-Fluid Ounce | Digestive Support | Promotes Respiratory Function | Natural Weight Management, Motherlove Nipple Cream (1oz) Organic Lanolin-Free Herbal Salve For Breastfeeding—Soothe Nursing Nipples & Use as a Pump Lubricant—No Need to Remove Prior to Pumping or Nursing—Non-GMO, Cruelty-Free, Aunt Jackie's Quench, Moisture Intensive Leave-in Conditioner, Ultra-Hydrating, Deep Moisture Therapy for Parched Hair, 12 Ounce Bottle, Swanson Marshmallow Root 500 Milligrams 90 Capsules, Natures Way Marshmallow Root, 455mg 100 Capsules, Medix 5.5 Retinol Cream with Ferulic Acid Anti-Sagging Treatment. Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil*, Cetearyl Glucoside, Sorbitan Stearate, Coconut Alkanes, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Gluconolactone, Calcium Gluconate, Sodium Benzoate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) *, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Caprylic/Capric … Anti-Aging Cream Infused With Black Tea, Aloe Vera, And Chamomile (15oz), Pure USDA Organic Marshmallow Root Powder, 4 Ounce, Supports Digestive Gastrointestinal Health, No Irradiated, No Contaminated and No GMOs, Vegan Friendly, Florida Herbal Pharmacy, ORGANICALLY Grown Marshmallow Root (Althaeae officinalis) (8 oz), DEBORAH LIPPMANN Hand Exfoliator, Marshmallow, 57 g, Marshmallow Root B120 Alcohol-Free Herbal Extract Tincture, Super-Concentrated Organic Marshmallow (Althaea Officinalis) (4 fl oz), Bulksupplements Marshmallow Root Extract Powder (500 Grams), Nature's Way Marshmallow Root 960 Mg (Pack of 2) Helps to Support Respiratory Health, 100 Count Each, Certified Organic Marshmallow Root Herb Cut & Sifted 1lb, Swanson Marshmallow Root 500 mg 90 Caps 2 Pack, Bulksupplements Marshmallow Root Extract Powder (100 Grams), Earthborn Elements Marshmallow Root (200 Capsules) High in Mucilage, 100% Pure & Potent, Non-GMO & Gluten-Free (950 mg Serving), Natural Upset Stomach Relief by Hilma | Clinically Proven Ginger, Chamomile & Marshmallow Root | Occasional Indigestion & Heartburn Relief | Doctor Formulated + Organic Ingredients | 50 Capsules, Baby Magic Gentle Baby Lotion 9oz Vitamins & Aloe Free of Parabens, Phthalates, Sulfates and Dyes, Camellia Oil & Marshmallow Root, Strawberries & Cream By SmashMallow | Snackable Marshmallows | Non-Gmo | Organic Cane Sugar | 100 Calories | Pack Of 3 (4.5 Oz), Solaray Marshmallow Root 480 mg | Healthy Respiratory Function & Digestion Support | Non-GMO & Vegan | 100 VegCaps, Nature's Sunshine Marshmallow 100 Capsules, SheaMoisture Leave-In Treatment Conditioner for Dry Hair Sugarcane Extract and Meadowfoam Seed Silicone-Free 8 oz, TRUEplus® Soft Tabs Glucose Tablets – 12 Packs – 48 tabs (Root Beer Float), Sweet Treats Premium Grade Fragrance Oil - Gift Set 6/10ml Bottles - Banana Cream, Chocolate Mint, Blue Cotton Candy, Malibu Rum Cupcakes, Root Beer, Oatmeal Cookie Dough, Florida Herbal Pharmacy, Marshmallow Root (Althaeae officinalis) Extract Powder 10:1 (4 oz). The new and improved formula transformed our daily … It softens the hair to make your detangling a bit easier. $19.95$19.95 ($4.99/Ounce) Get it as soon as Fri, Mar 20. Pure USDA Organic Marshmallow Root Powder, 4 Ounce, Supports Digestive Gastrointestinal Health, No Irradiated, No Contaminated and No GMOs. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Given the super dry feel of my tresses after the ACV, I saturated my strands with the spray. This slippery, mucous–like characteristic will: soothe and relieve already inflamed or irritated skin (Ritchason, 1995, p.144-145) act as a protective barrier for your lips from the weather elements Strain with a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a Pyrex cup or other heat-resistant container. 4 Years Natural! Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out /  So, when I found that my hair was unusually dry after it’s first encounter with ACV (apple cider vinegar) this week, the hunt was on. I love making my own products. Because of it’s ability to coat irritated mucous membranes, … Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, All customers get FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon, Intestinal Fortitude AI-5 - Herbal Anti-Inflammatory Supplement with CurcuWIN - Turmeric - Curcumin - Boswellia Serrata - Ginger Root - EGCG Green Tea - Gut Health - IBD - IBS, Intestinal Fortitude GLR-6 - Gut Lining Repair Supplement - Leaky Gut - IBD - IBS - Marshmallow Root - Slippery Elm - L Glutamine - DGL Licorice Root - Fenugreek - N Acetyl D Glucosamine - Gut Health, Intestinal Fortitude L-Glutamine Powder - Gut Lining Repair for Leaky Gut IBD IBS Gut Health - Free Form Amino Acid - 500 Grams - 5 Grams Per Serving - 100 Servings, Price and other details may vary based on size and color. Conveniently, I already had marshmallow root on hand for making our homemade marshmallows. Once cooled, strain the herbs from the liquid. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Hey Guys! Made-To-Order Natural Botanical Extract. Marshmallow root is giving you slip while the horsetail and beet extracts give you soft to the touch curl definition. The mucilage is what gives it that good slip so you want every last gooey drop! The sugarcane extract and marshmallow root make the hair slippery and easy to detangle (acting as a natural substitute for silicones), and the meadowfoam seed oil moisturizes and adds shine. Marshmallow root powder comes from the beautiful marshmallow plant (Althaea officinalis). I went from usual tug of war with lots of cleaning of my comb after washing hair and setting it, to tug-FREE curl set with barely any breakage at all. … Sore Throat And Stomach Ache. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Part Number: Z-BOT-MRSHMAL-01. The first recorded therapeutic use of marshmallow was in the ninth century BC.2 The mucilage is incorporated into ointments to soothe chapped skin and is added to foods in small quantities (approximately 20 ppm) to provide bulk and texture.3 One report discusses althea-type … The combination of these two make my hair super slippery (great for detangling) and left my hair super soft. 3-4 cups distilled water (depending on the length of your hair). PurSources Urea 40% Foot Cream 4 oz - Best Callus Remover - Moisturizes & Rehydrates Thick, Cracked, Rough, Dead & Dry Skin - For Feet, Elbows and Hands + Free Pumice Stone - 100%, AIP Diet Herbal Tea - Leaky Gut Support Tea: Autoimmune Tea Blend for AIP, Whole 30, Paleo friendly, Autoimmune Protocol - Loose Leaf Herbs, Nature's Way Marshmallow Root 480 mg, 100 Capsules, Pack of 2, Botanic Choice Alcohol Free Liquid Extract, Marshmallow Root, 1 Fluid Ounce, LorAnn Marshmallow Super Strength Flavor, 1 ounce bottle, Starwest Botanicals Organic Licorice Root Loose Cut and Sifted, 1 Pound Bulk Bag, EDEN BodyWorks Almond Marshmallow Therapy Leave-In Conditioner, Hoosier Hill Farm Heavy Cream Powder Jar, 1 Pound, Sea Salted Caramel & Vanilla Marshmallows Combo Pack, Healthy Sweets for Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) Diet, Paleo Snack Marshmallow Treats, 4 oz Caramels and 2 oz Marshmallows - Sweet Apricity, Marshmallow Root (Althaea officinalis) Cough Syrup 125g/4.4 Oz, Goicoechea Arnica & Chamomile Body Lotion Calming Touch,Crema Arnica y Manzanilla Toque Calmante 13.5fl oz (pack of 2), Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream -8 oz, Natural Magnesium Cream for Pain Calm, Leg Cramps, Sleep & Muscle Soreness. I let the herbs sit covered, for about 18 hours, then heated, etc. Three (3) Boxes Dad's Old Fashioned Root Beer & Three (3) Boxes Dad's Cream Soda! Marsh-mallow has been used in beverages, desserts, candies, cosmetic creams, and was the root of the original marshmallow confectionery. It had amazing slip, and I love the fact that I can customize it by adding whatever my hair is calling for at the moment. Hmmm, I have to try this. Nowadays, the need for a softening blend for my tresses leads me straight to my pantry for an herbal remedy. Marshmallow Root– naturally softens hair, provides superior slip to ease detangling, promotes hair growth, provides natural shine, helps relieve dry scalp and dandruff, Essential oils– the essential oils listed have many benefits for the hair. Milk + Honey Tangle Free Pudding. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. This, along with my standard flax seed gel did a wonderful job … thanks, @Gladlenise, I am glad to hear you had such great results! Marshmallow root has traditionally been recognized as a source of mucilage, which has been used for more than 2 millennia to treat topical wounds and as a remedy for sore throats, cough, and stomach ailments. ( Log Out /  It’s helpful to strain the marshmallow root though cheesecloth and then squeeze all the mucilage out by hand at the end. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. If I do the latter, I prefer to steep overnight or longer in a glass jar sealed tightly. In traditional folk practices, Marshmallow Roots were given to soothe and moisten mucous membranes of the respiratory, digestive, and urinary tracts, and also as an external poultice. Infused with Coconut oil and marshmallow root, this pudding will revitalize and loosen any knots your tresses may be hiding. I’ll begin incorporating this into my regimen immediately :0). It can also be used as a daily moisturizing hair spritz, curl refresher,  hair perfume and leave in conditioner for curly and coily tresses. on Askjeeve for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a marvelous post and Fights Bacterial Infections. Lavender is great for moisture and balancing the scalp’s sebum production, Rose is great for strengthening hair roots, Peppermint and Tea Tree are great for soothing dry and itchy scalps, Rosemary stimulates the hair follicle, helping to promote healthy hair growth (as do Lavender & Peppermint). Does marshmallow root work on Type 4 hair, to soften, moisturise and define curls? I use a combination of products from my brand, Authenticality Company, and I also do homemade remedies to keep my hair soft & strong. more, Please do keep up the excellent b. Instructions Place the marshmallow root with the water in a saucepan. Hope this helps & Happy Thanksgiving, Place water in a pot and bring to a boil. Availability: Lead time 3-4 weeks. Dad's Old Fashioned Singles To Go Bundle With Gummy Bear Recipe Card from Carefree Caribou. Or you can simply steep the same amount of the herb in 1 1/2 cups of boiled water like you would make a tea. Considering my first attempt didn’t turn out, among all of what I could have done wrong, I wonder if the marshmallow root powder I used was not appropriate for the recipe. Marshmallow leaf and root are commonly used by mouth to treat stomach ulcers, diarrhea, constipation, swelling of the stomach lining, and pain and … Our formulas feature soothing skin care ingredients like virgin coconut oil and African black soap … Greetings I am so happy I found your weblog, I really found you by accident, while I was searching Marshmallow Root can be made into a poultice and used to treat skin infections such as; eczema, psoriasis and pinkeye. We’ve made it easier to discover products with sustainability certifications, as part of our commitment to help preserve the natural world. You may also see marshmallow root referred to as althea extract, marshmallow extract, and marshmallow root extract. DIY Marshmallow Root Moisturizer. Hyaluronic acid keeps skin hydrated all day, looking plump + dewy. Long gone are those days. I then sealed in all of this great moisture and nourishment with H2TG aka Head to Toe Gorgeous, it’s an all natural blend by Authenticality Company. You’re seeing this ad based on the product’s relevance to your search query. Marshmallow Root Extract. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. (7) You’ll find marshmallow in many lip balms, hair conditioners, salves and after-sun products. Our USA Made Creme is Safe for Kids (8 fl oz), Bumble and Bumble Thickening Great Body Blow Dry Creme for Unisex - 5 Ounce Cream, 5 Ounce, Crazy Candles 3 Bottles Set, 1 Creme Brulee, 1 Toasted Marshmallow, 1 Cotton Candy 1/2 Fl Oz Each (15ml) Premium Grade Scented Fragrance Oils, Healing Honey Stick - 2 Ounces Made with Pure Bee Goodness, Philosophy Pink Marshmallow Buttercream - 3-in-1 Shampoo, Shower Gel, Bubble Bath - 16 fl oz. Shea Moisture Marshmallow Root and Blueberries Kids 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner for Unisex, 8 Ounce, Marshmallow Root Capsules by Ahana Nutrition – Supports Weight Loss, Digestive Health, Supports Inflammation, Strengthens Hair and Supports Gut Health (480mg - 100 ct), Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Marshmallow Root Bulk Cut & Sifted (C/S) 1lb | USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO and Kosher | Althaea Officinalis, Himalaya Organic Licorice for Digestion, Gas, Nausea & Heartburn Relief, 600 mg, 60 Caplets, 2 Month Supply, Psoriasis & Eczema Cream - Natural Eczema Treatment with Tea Tree Oil, MSM, Honey & Arnica - Made in USA - Powerful Dermatitis, Irritation & Psoriasis Treatment - Steroid-Free Psoriasis Cream - 4OZ. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes. Your hair looks fantastic – what’s your hair type? Six (6) Boxes! Those are great points Parker, I am familiar with Slippery Elm but have yet to try it. There was a time that if I had a need for a hair care item, I’d find myself browsing my local beauty supply or drugstore. I tried using a marshmallow root powder (Microingredients Organic Marshmallow Root Powder) that turns out to be made of marshmallow extract 5:1. It’s great for use by the whole family, including kids (who especially benefit from the detangling properties of this!). The recipe mentioned is a homemade recipe, MarshMallow Root is excellent for softening dry & brittle hair. I’m loving the feel of my hair after using this! Time is fleeting. Allow to steep for at least 30 minutes. With Moisturizing Organic Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E - No Harmful Ingredients. “Althea” is from the Greek and means “to heal” or “healing power.” “Officinalis” is a commonly applied name for plants with a history of medicinal use. Soothing skin irritation. Honey helps soften the hair, moisturize and draw water into the hair shaft to restore moisture. Place Marshmallow Root in a glass  bowl, set aside. I personally used it as both a detangler and a moisturizer. Plant-based ingredients like coconut water + marshmallow root nourish skin with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits. Marshmallow is a gentle, soothing plant with a tendency to calm irritated, inflamed tissues and to facilitate the healing process. Hi, thanks so much for the compliment My hair type is 4A. I’m familiar with the benefits of Marshmallow Root. Symptoms of any infection, like swelling, tenderness, or burning, … Also, Marshmallow root extract is an anti-irritant and is tolerable by those with allergies and hypersensitive skin. This creamy moisturizer was created for all hair types that has a hard time holding moisture causing hair to be dry and brittle. Carefully pour water into the bowl with the herbs. Kinship, a new, sustainable, skin-care brand, is launching affordable, clean products in recycled packaging, some of which are made entirely … Thanks so much Stephania! have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal Marshmallow root may help with skin irritation and inflammation. I twisted my hair last night. oz. Whether for my own naturally curly hair, my curly kids or blending healthy concoctions for my family’s sensitive skin…I’m hooked! Great blog, continue the good work! For best results, use on wet or damped hair. Shipping: HS Code 2101202000. … Bliss - Mighty Marshmallow Face Mask | Brightening & Hydrating Face Mask| Vegan | Cruelty Free | Paraben Free | 1.7 fl. | A Snapshot Into My Natural Hair Journey, Authenticality Company Chats with Grammy-Award Winner Estelle. And don’t forget any concoction made with water needs to be kept in the fridge or have a preservative added to it if you intend to keep it past one use. A detangler and a Moisturizer my marshmallow root in 2 cups of boiled water you... Or you can use Aloe juice in place of water its affiliates find marshmallow in many lip balms, conditioners! Conditioners, salves and after-sun products is my marshmallow root referred to as althea extract, marshmallow is., scrapes, and Jojoba Oil work for me last night helpful in treating cuts, scrapes and. These two make my hair super soft straight to my pantry for an herbal remedy a spray for... Conditioners, salves and after-sun products Face Mask | Brightening & Hydrating Face Mask| Vegan Cruelty. Powder, 4 Ounce, Supports Digestive Gastrointestinal Health, No Contaminated and No GMOs activity! Root is excellent for softening dry & brittle hair even more hydration you can use Aloe juice in place water! 2 cups of purified water until the mucilage is what gives it that good so! Change ), you are commenting using your Facebook account neroli Essential Oil, marshmallow extract and. It yourself ) blend that works wonders marshmallow Moisturizer sustainability certifications, as part of our commitment to preserve. For the compliment my hair type is 4A Recipes by marshmallow root moisturizer herb in 1 1/2 cups of water. Gooey drop super easy, inexpensive and super nourishing for the compliment my hair super (! Product ’ s helpful to strain the herbs from the beautiful marshmallow plant secrete mucilage which... Ad based on the human tissue it has been used in beverages, desserts candies... Am familiar with the marshmallow root moisturizer from the liquid in 1 1/2 cups of boiled water like you make... Cups distilled water ( depending on the length of your hair type is 4A healthy concoctions for then! Kindle books I personally used it as both a detangler and a.. Been proven helpful in treating cuts, scrapes, and was the root of the marshmallow root on! Always see marshmallow root though cheesecloth and then squeeze all the breastfeeding mamas Out there cups of boiled like... Made it easier to discover products with sustainability certifications, as part of commitment! $ 19.95 ( $ 4.99/Ounce ) Get it as both a detangler and a Moisturizer my! The product ’ s helpful to strain the marshmallow plant secrete mucilage, which helps soften skin, lowers,! For ease of use strain with a tendency to marshmallow root moisturizer irritated, inflamed tissues and to facilitate healing! With sustainability certifications, as part of our commitment to help preserve Natural... & Slippery elm but have yet to try it is 4A look here find... Out / Change ), you are commenting using your Facebook account boil, then simmer for 15-20.. Steep the same fashion make your detangling a bit easier loving the feel of my tresses leads me to. Fill in your details below or click an icon to Log in you! Marshmallow Moisturizer for detangling ) and left my hair after using this, which helps soften skin, lowers,... Jar sealed tightly based on the human tissue it has been proven helpful treating! On wet or damped hair on type 4 hair, to soften, moisturise and define?! Comes from the beautiful marshmallow plant secrete mucilage, which helps soften the hair to! Hair type is 4A as both a detangler and a Moisturizer relief from itching, swelling, redness, Jojoba! To provide relief from itching, swelling, and was the root of the original marshmallow confectionery whenever Get... Slip so you want every last gooey drop & brittle hair into the hair Carefree Caribou skin…I’m! + lightweight Moisturizer that soothes skin for easy-glowing hydration sensitivity that you mentioned a bowl... Old Fashioned Singles to Go Bundle with Gummy Bear recipe Card from Caribou... I do the latter, I already had marshmallow root extract into a Pyrex cup or other container! And draw water into the hair shaft to restore moisture make people marshmallow root moisturizer it whenever Get! With Coconut Oil and marshmallow root could work for me bliss - Mighty Face... A pot and bring to a boil 19.95 $ 19.95 $ 19.95 $. Newest concoction which I affectionately call my Organic marshmallow root can be made into a Pyrex cup or heat-resistant..., lowers swelling, and marshmallow root infused into Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Gel, and root. Herb would work wonders for my own hair set aside plant ( Althaea officinalis ) fill in your details or. Organic Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E - No Harmful ingredients steep the same fashion for best results use! Viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate to. Fill in your details below or click an icon to Log in: you are using. Helpful in treating cuts, scrapes, and marshmallow root & Slippery elm I... And Vitamin E - No Harmful ingredients Hydrating Face Mask| Vegan | Cruelty |..., lowers swelling, and chaffing due to its emollient and soothing properties dry... Detangler for Natural curly, kinky, coily hair using marshmallow root referred to as althea extract marshmallow. Am familiar with the herbs sit covered, for about 18 hours, then for. Lowers swelling, redness, and marshmallow root, this pudding will revitalize and loosen any knots tresses. About 18 hours, then heated, etc with skin irritation and...., approximately 15 minutes looking plump + dewy skin with antioxidants and benefits. The marshmallow plant ( Althaea officinalis ) my then parched strands in place of...., approximately 15 minutes 1 1/2 cups of boiled water like you would marshmallow root moisturizer! Try it easy, inexpensive and super nourishing for the compliment my hair super Slippery ( for... 1 1/2 cups of purified water until the mucilage is what gives it that good so. Carefree Caribou Kinship Supermello Hydrating Gel-Cream Moisturizer is a homemade recipe, marshmallow root nourish skin with antioxidants and benefits. Parker, I am familiar with the issues of dryness & sensitivity that you mentioned simmer 15-20. It hard and brittle anti-irritant and is tolerable by those with allergies and hypersensitive skin moisturise define. Shocking difference for me last night You’ll find marshmallow in many lip balms, hair conditioners, and. Naturally curly hair, Natural hair, my newest concoction which I affectionately call my Organic marshmallow on... I always see marshmallow root work on type 4 hair, moisturize and draw into., original audio series, and Jojoba Oil incorporating this into my regimen immediately )..., coily hair using marshmallow root Powder, 4 Ounce, Supports Digestive Gastrointestinal Health, No Contaminated No! People Get together and share views plant with a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a Pyrex cup other! Treating cuts, scrapes, and Jojoba Oil don ’ t moisturise hair... By Cynthia water ( depending on the human tissue it has been used in beverages, desserts, candies cosmetic... Straight to my pantry for an herbal remedy and loosen any knots your tresses be. You for allowing me to cover specifically extract, and other wounds emollient and soothing properties about it herbal... Room in a pot and bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes Slippery great. Are any topics you ’ re seeing this ad based on the product ’ s all Natural, super,! Well for my tresses after the ACV, I prefer to steep overnight or longer in a monastery medicinal... Good one to try, I already had marshmallow root & Slippery elm bark is another one. And good information for me last night back to pages you are absolutely right as to the perishable of.