Estos son los zapatos *de Felipe y Berta*. in brackets. 4. "The prototypical adjective phrase consists of a single adjective, tall in Sally is tall, or an adjective headword and a qualifier, very tall. b. is setting (It's happening right now.) Learn about adjectives in this adjective song for kids. B. Mr. Sargent bought a sweater for his dog with purple and pink spots. Let's eat Grandpa. Click on the arrow to … Julia is a careful person. The big dog chased the car. determine the use of the prepositional phrase in the following sentences 1.The scenery was beautiful when we drove the car through the valley A)Adjective B)Adverb 2.The dog knocked the tennis ball under the bed A)Adjective B)Adverb 3.The car beside the old bus is Jenny's A)Adjective B)Adverb 4.Choose the correct word to complete these sentences We are still … Adjectives Ending in -ly Some adjectives, such as friendly, lovely, timely, and masterly, already end in -ly and have no distinct adverb form. A long adjective of 3 or more syllables is changed into a comparative adjective by. You look sick as a dog. 1. The view is beautiful. What's the adjective for dog? John held the plate carefully. 4. The kids fight like cats and dog all the time. noun. 11. A biological experiment. Use the correct form of the adjectives and adverbs. 1. Add the or a, where necessary. We’ll look at over 30 adjective examples in sentences, and discover how they are used in different ways in the English language. Jeff is the (big) football player on the temn. Clauses can be independent or dependent, and a dependent … ; Her eyes were incredibly mesmerizing to the young man. They are well versed with the grammar and have a habit of doing this job on a daily basis which makes it easy for them to spot errors. --> 2. SURVEY . Her English is good. They are well versed with the grammar and have a habit of doing this job on a daily basis which makes it easy for them to spot errors. Washing our dog Gizmo = subject of the verb requires. Irregular Adjective Comparative Form Superlative Form good better best bad worse worst far farther farthest little less least many more most Italian food is better than American food. The Jewish community in NY is very big. Q. 9. The angry dog barks. a. sets (It's a general statement of fact.) What's the adjective for angry? Discuss your answers with the class. The journey was quick. A. Of all the students in the class, Max is the worst. Choose the correct sentence. a. Sarah has two dogs and takes good care of they. In early summer, the sun __ around 9:00 P.M. in my hometown. This exercise was made to review some adjectives. Have a look at another example that will help you to understand the need for a grammar check before sending the copy to the audience. SURVEY . 4. C. The new roof on that house is gray. (Chart 1-1) Choose the correct completion(s). Included below are past participle and present participle forms for the verbs dog and dogsit which may be used as adjectives within certain contexts. Adjectives Ending in -ic To form an adverb from an adjective ending in -ic, add -ally (basic, basically; artistic, artistically), with the exception of public, whose adverb form is publicly. Find the Noun Phrase: "The large dog was waiting for me outside so it could eat me." 10. My dog is the best dog in the world. A yellow butterfly is sitting on the red rose. You sound happy. What a beautiful view! 9. Q. The small boy ran down the street. My dog … It was (much) fun than last year in France. Adjectives can come before nouns or after linking verbs. Choose the correct word-order for each noun phrase. Here is the correct answer along with its explanation: An adjective phrase is a group of words in sentence that acts as an adjective; the main function of adjective phrase is to describe a noun or pronoun in the sentence. --> good. The book is (slow) than the movie. Similar to that of a dog (rare) Befitting a dog; Synonyms: canine, doggish, doggy, houndly, dogly. (said about a wound or a rash) Inflamed and painful. Adjective phrases can modify nouns or pronouns in a sentence. Again, these two sentences mean the same thing. NOT a direct object. Comparison of Adjectives - Online Quiz. (3) My mother just bought a (blue / long / beautiful) dress for herself. The shoe store across the street recently opened. Here are a few examples: The very small kitten jumped at the big dog. 1. Robert likes German cars. Adverb Phrase in a Sentence. D. The daisies and snapdragons in the garden look glorious. EXERCISE 5 ., Looking at grammar. 34. Uncle Milt. 2 See answers kekerainq kekerainq Answer:B. 3. Sheila ran (fast) than I did. 4. What role does the underlined word play in the sentence below? Adjectives describe nouns—they add information to a noun or noun phrase. adjective adverb noun verb. Here's the word you're looking for. Sometimes they go for walks with I. c. One dog has spots sprinkled over it, and the other is all white. a small Canadian thin lady ? Information and examples: Write the adjective in its correct comparative form in the box(es), then press Enter. I am not angry. Which is the correct comparative form? I have a black cat. Choose the comparative adjective in each group of sentences: Her hair is short. Choose the correct form of the adjective and click the question tag (?) After a linking verb: He seems tired. Adjective Order 1 Choose the correct answer for each sentence. 7. You can specify conditions of storing and accessing cookies in your browser, Choose the correct adjective phrase for the "the angry dog. The correct adjective phrase for the 'the angry dog' is 'the dog that seems very angry'. Explanation: Hope this helps. I ran quickly to the station. Some adjective phrases modify nouns or noun phrases. ? Please write the correct form of the adjective inparentheses. Comparison of Adjectives - Online Quiz. Using the drop-down menus, choose the correct word or phrase to correctly complete each sentence. It was (much) fun than last year in France. 8. It may be a gerund, which always ends in -ing and functions as a noun. Fill in the correct form – Adjective or adverb. The weather became cold. What a beautiful view! The game begins within an hour. The Supreme Court ruled in favor of The government used by preventing The New York Times from printing the documents. determine the use of the prepositional phrase in the following sentences 1.The scenery was beautiful when we drove the car through the valley A)Adjective B)Adverb 2.The dog knocked the tennis ball under the bed A)Adjective B)Adverb 3.The car beside the old bus is Jenny's A)Adjective B)Adverb 4.Choose the correct word to complete these sentences We are still … Adjective Phrases Describing People . Grey eyes, expensive ring, quite friendly to me. The main result of the case was to 2 See answers kevin1015wangoudf1t kevin1015wangoudf1t Answer: New York Times V. United States 1971. Which one of six types of expository structure does this paragraph illustrate? The small boy ran down the street. More Adjective Clause Quizzes. b. which. However, the former has an adjective, while the latter has an adjectival phrase. Adjectives We use adjectives to describe nouns and pronouns. Basic Definition of Adjectives. For example: The sea was blue and clear. Alt-N or click Next for the next sentence. I ran quickly to the station. Adjectives We use adjectives to describe nouns and pronouns. It´s a very easy exercise for kids. The colourful balloon floated over the treetop. Mary has a collection of expensive Russian dolls. Tom is (angry) than his boss about the situation. Thus, the latter example has an adjectival phrase http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/part-of-speech/adjectives/adjective-phrase.html*. If it's wrong, a red cross (X) appears and you have to try as often as only one answer is left. I speak English well. Many adjectives are changed into the comparative form by adding-er-est-ies a) -er b) -est c) -ies. I speak English well. Meet me at the mall later this evening. The latter phrase uses the phrase “that is acting very angry” to modify the subject, which is the noun “dog.”. 3. Add the or a, where necessary. Without thinking, he turned down the … Adjectives. You look tired. Answers to Adverbs or Adjectives: Exercise 1 1. The weather is (hot) today than yesterday. The tired campers rested underneath the tent.D. Which sentence has a misplaced adjective phrase? The jewels have mysteriously disappeared. PLEASE!!!!!? All of the other words in the phrase _____ the head word. Adjective Clauses Adjective Clauses Explanation: Hope this helps. John is a pretty good tennis player. 6. A full stop can make all the difference! "The tiny white kitten" is a _____ that serves as the _____ of the sentence. a. Learn how to use Conditional Sentences Type 1 (Present or Future Real Conditional) with structure, usage and example sentences.. Like a zero conditional, a first conditional sentence consists of two clauses, an “if” clause and a main clause. Downloadable worksheets: THE COMPARATIVE AND SUPERLATIVE OF ADJECTIVES (B&W VERSION INCLUDED) Level: elementary Age: 12-14 Downloads: 7179 : PERSONAL PRONOUNS (SUBJECT-OBJECT) POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVES AND PRONOUNS Level: elementary Age: … The dog ran around the table.C. It may be a gerund, which always ends in -ing and functions as a noun. Adjectives can come before nouns or after linking verbs. A full stop can make all the difference! raining cats and dogs – heavy rain . The Kaziranga National Park is a World Heritage Site and / that hosts two-thirds of the one-horned rhinoceros in the world. The baby rubbed her eyes tiredly. They are able to correct the copy instantly and with ease. I'm sitting outside. 2. You sound happy. ESL: ADJECTIVES - Choose the adjective in the sentence 1 (English practice for beginners) ... ADJECTIVES - Identify the adjective in the sentence 1 | level: Beginner For each of the following sentences, identify and write the ADJECTIVE. She called Florence a cab so she wouldn't have to walk home in the rain. Similar to a dog; canine. ; Everyone was extremely delighted when the winner was announced. I know the train station is somewhere near. Which sentence shows the best placement for the modifier "that was on sale"? 35. Timmy is (young) than his brother... 2. Verbal phrases can act like adverbs or adjectives. Choose definition, to select from a number of possibilities; pick by preference: She chose Sunday for her departure. 1. Answers to Adverbs or Adjectives: Exercise 1 1. You look tired. Which one of six types of expository structure does this paragraph illustrate? 4. Choose the correct possessive adjective for the *starred* phrase. subordinate clause: to which another pronoun prefers an antecedent is a noun or pronoun a noun or a pronoun another pronoun prefers what type of clause is it? nonec. Find the Noun Phrase: "Uncle Milt's dog is destroying our house right this instant." Learn that adjectives describe nouns in this song about adjectives. If your answer is correct, a smilie is shown. First, a question: what do adjectives do? Choose the correct relative pronoun in the sentence below. Have a look at another example that will help you to understand the need for a grammar check before sending the copy to the audience. A long adjective of 3 or more syllables is changed into a comparative adjective by. 7. We live nearer the train station than we used to. EXERCISE 5 ., Looking at grammar. Use the correct form of the adjectives and adverbs. 5. Adjectives Ending in -ic To form an adverb from an adjective ending in -ic, add -ally (basic, basically; artistic, artistically), with the exception of public, whose adverb form is publicly. You must determine the function of the phrase. D. The daisies and snapdragons in the garden look glorious. Strange as / though it may sound, I … doglike. 3. In this clause - which could also be used as a sentence - the noun phrase is 'the angry dog' and the verb is 'barks'. A. French is the language of France. --> 4. 45 seconds . Discuss your answers with the class. 36. 8. If it's wrong, a red cross (X) appears and you have to try as often as only one answer is left. Most people in Japan follow the traditional customs of their country. We left the party early because we had to catch the early train. Clauses can be independent or dependent, and a dependent … Example: "We went to a good restaurant. (Chart 1-1) Choose the correct completion(s). 1.Dear Carmen, Thanks for letting me stay in your villa in Spain last month. Included below are past participle and present participle forms for the verbs anger and angrify which may be used as adjectives within certain contexts. It was (good) holiday I've ever had. 10. HHEEELPPP!!! expensiver most expensive more expensive a) expensiver b) most expensive c) more expensive. (verb phrase was texting functions as the action) Texting on his phone, the man swerved into a ditch. Consider these adverb phrase examples so you'll know what you're looking for: Bob nodded like a bobblehead. 2 See answers kekerainq kekerainq Answer:B. ... End of the free exercise to learn English: Present simple . Displaying or feeling anger. Double Preposition. It was (good) holiday I've ever had. 6. It's a beautiful evening. a. sets (It's a general statement of fact.) Before the noun: He dropped the hot plate. My dog is the best dog in the world. Choose the correct form of the adjective and click the question tag (?) Is this phrase adjective or adverb phrase? Sheila bought that was on sale soap at the farmer's market. 3. Choose the correct possessive adjective for the *starred* phrase. the dog that s… Get the answers you need, now! If anything I feel a little surprised. In early summer, the sun __ around 9:00 P.M. in my hometown. was waiting. NOT a direct object. D. The shoe store across the street recently opened. Click here to ... 6. We can use more than one adjective to describe a noun or a pronoun and when a noun comes before another noun, it becomes its adjective. For example: The short girl dances well- adjective. Choose the correct relative pronoun in the sentence below. Before the noun: He dropped the hot plate. The dog ran around the table. 31. Didn’t you sleep well? My cat is black. Click on the arrow to … Which sentence has a misplaced adjective phrase? B. I married an American woman. answer choices "Uncle Milt's dog. The game begins within an hour.B. Yes, it is - but it would only work in a very specific context. The girl who is short dances well- adjective phrase, This site is using cookies under cookie policy. A group of words with an adjective in it that defines the noun or pronoun in a sentence is referred to as an adjective phrase. Adjective phrase- a roup of words with an adjective in it that explains the noun or pronoun in a sentence. The phrase would include the verbal (participle, gerund or infinitive) and any modifiers, complements or objects. Read these examples: Washing our dog Gizmo requires strong arms to keep the squirming, unhappy puppy in the tub. d. Sarah calls them Spot and Spotless, and they catch tennis balls for she. 33. After a linking verb: He seems tired. Play this game to review Grammar. The view is beautiful. 7. Irregular Adjective Comparative Form Superlative Form good better best bad worse worst far farther farthest little less least many more most Italian food is better than American food. Sheila that was on sale bought soap at the farmer's market. Adjectives can be used in many ways, but there are two common patterns. C. The new roof on that house is gray. The angry dog barks all day long. Denominal adjective examples. B. Mr. Sargent bought a sweater for his dog with purple and pink spots. For each of the following sentences, choose the correct order of adjectives to fill in the blank. Sarah has a beautiful cat. Let's eat Grandpa. 5. The baby rubbed her eyes tiredly. ADJECTIVE AND ADVERB AD 5 ... She stayed calm even though she looked rather angry. A. French is the language of France. Choose the adjective from the list that best fits the sentence below. 9. dog. Test yourself! PLEASE!!!!!? 2. See more. She sang happily. Adjective Phrase An adjective phrase is a group of words headed by an adjective that describes a noun or a pronoun. 5. I'm sitting outside. Yet verbals still look very much like verbs. Adjective phrases can modify nouns or pronouns in a sentence. Tags: Question 4 . The dog that seems very angry barks all day long. 1. They can also modify objects in the sentence. The novel is interestingly written. Adverb phrases can be used in any position in a sentence. Grey eyes, expensive ring, quite friendly to me. Tom is (angry) than his boss about the situation. Jeff is the (big) football player on the temn. "My phone's expensive, but Joe's is _____ ." answer choices . 10. 1. 5. Play this game to review English. noun, adjective, adverb. Few people have seen "Piper," (that/which/who) won the Academy Award for Best (Animated) Short Feature. Few people have seen "Piper," (that/which/who) won the Academy Award for Best (Animated) Short Feature. Adjectives Ending in -ly Some adjectives, such as friendly, lovely, timely, and masterly, already end in -ly and have no distinct adverb form. 1.Dear Carmen, Thanks for letting me stay in your villa in Spain last month. It may be a participle, which is used only as an adjective. simple listing. His clown costume consists of a red nose, oversized shoes, and a _____ jacket. They can also modify objects in the given sentence. Choose the correct adjective phrase for the"the angry dog."Select one:a. the angry dogb. The weather is (hot) today than yesterday. Adjective phrase- a roup of words with an adjective in it that explains the noun or pronoun in a sentence. 4. HHEEELPPP!!! (4) All my students are (smart / young / British) girls. John held the plate carefully. 1 They are able to correct the copy instantly and with ease. What role does the underlined word play in the sentence below? 5. I love science fiction.... any story book or modern physics book....... ​. Choose the correct adjective phrase for the "the angry dog" Get the answers you need, now! ; Faster than a speeding bullet, Superman saved the day. Examples of verb phrases versus verbal phrases include: The man was texting on his phone. Double prepositions are two prepositions joined together to make a connection between the nouns, pronouns, and phrases in a sentence which is joined together to connect nouns, pronouns, and phases with other words in a sentence. "The prototypical adjective phrase consists of a single adjective, tall in Sally is tall, or an adjective headword and a qualifier, very tall. It is raining cats and dogs out side, I hope the rain stops soon. c. Both are possible. Her English is good. My mother's cooking is worse than your mother's cooking. next to it. Finally, it may be an infinitive, which is preceded by to and functions as a noun, adjective, or even an adverb. We use different verb forms in each part of a first conditional: First Conditional Form: If + Simple Present, Subject + will/won’t + Verb. An antecedent is a noun or pronoun to which another pronoun refers. 2. I have a black cat. Put the adjectives in the correct order: (1) Joe is a (American / young / tall) basketball star. Present simple-English - Learn English Other English exercises on the same topic: Family [Change theme] ... Find 15 mistakes in this text. Use the drop-down menus to complete the analysis of this sentence. A mathematical puzzle. The book is (slow) than the movie. Today we get to explore the wondrous world of adjectives. Sheila bought soap at the farmer's market that was on sale. Adjective phrases - English Grammar Today - a reference to written and spoken English grammar and usage - Cambridge Dictionary (2) I want to buy a (funny / red) mug for my brother for Christmas. (5) All I want for Christmas is a pair of (black / vintage / Italian / leather) boots. 32. Timmy is (young) than his brother... 2. 6. She called Florence a cab so she wouldn't have to walk home in the rain. angry. Tags: Question 5 . is destroying our house. Her hair is the shortest it has ever been. The head word of the noun phrase is the noun ‘dog’. I love science fiction.... any story book or modern physics book....... ​. 5. Estos son los zapatos *de Felipe y Berta*. She could not live without her dog. Choose the correct part of speech for the underlined word. Didn’t you sleep well? 1 Choose the correct answer for following this question. 8. 2. If your answer is correct, a smilie is shown. 2- the angry dog” and “the dog that is acting very angry.”. I think you have practiced too much lately. The Supreme Court ruled in … Easy Examples of Adjective Phrases In each example below, the adjective phrase is shaded and the head adjective is bold. Another way to put it is that an adjective is a word that describes a noun. The adjectives—‘blue’ and ‘clear’—add information to the noun—‘sea’. The weather became cold. August 31st is a national holiday when everybody dances in the streets. 7. Yet verbals still look very much like verbs. c. Both are possible. So … the person doing the looking “looks in an angry fashion”. b. is setting (It's happening right now.) English Exercises > adjectives exercises. English Phrases & Idioms With Dog ; sick as a dog - feeling very very sick. fight like cats and dogs – consistently fighting with each other. in brackets. Gerund phrases always function as nouns, so they will be subjects, subject complements, or objects in the sentence. A wooden boat. Sheila ran (fast) than I did. Adjective - agreeable, imaginary Verb - agree, imagine . An adjective is a word that modifies a noun. Please write the correct form of the adjective inparentheses. Finally, it may be an infinitive, which is preceded by to and functions as a noun, adjective, or even an adverb. Julia is a careful person. In the winter you must wear heavy woollen clothes. 45 seconds . for me. C. The tired campers rested underneath the tent. We live in a big city. 3. which. Order of adjective examples. Nouns can be paired with phrases in parallel structure. The tiny white kitten curled up in its basket. Her hair is shorter than it was before. My cat is black. The girl who is short dances well- adjective phrase Analyze the sentence to choose the correct answer for each space. Choose the sentence that contains an adjectival prepositional phrase.A. Choose the sentence that contains an adjectival prepositional phrase. The head word of the phrase is the word "_____." The journey was quick. the large dog. Example Sentences List. Many adjectives are changed into the comparative form by adding-er-est-ies a) -er b) -est c) -ies. Blue and clear woollen clothes ) Befitting a dog … it may be a participle gerund. For dog summer, the sun __ around 9:00 P.M. in my hometown his... Sunday for Her departure rare ) Befitting a dog ( rare ) Befitting a dog Synonyms. Or click Next for the 'the angry dog & quot ; Get the answers need... Animated ) short Feature is the noun: He dropped the hot plate ( )! Adjective for the `` the angry dog & quot ; the angry.. They are able to correct the copy instantly and with ease the comparative adjective by to Adverbs or:. Position in a very specific context cab so she would n't have to walk home in world... Slow ) choose the correct adjective phrase for the the angry dog his boss about the situation pick by preference: she Sunday! For Her departure walk home in the sentence snapdragons in the world we... Describes a noun answers kevin1015wangoudf1t kevin1015wangoudf1t answer: new York Times V. United States.! It would only work in a sentence verbs anger and angrify which may be a gerund which! Oversized shoes, and a dependent … choose the correct pronoun of the adjective and click the question (! In France British ) girls one of six types of expository structure does this paragraph?! Dog in the class, Max is the best dog in the sentence that contains an adjectival phrase:... Class, Max is the word `` _____. incredibly mesmerizing to the noun— ‘ sea.... Chose Sunday for Her departure rash ) Inflamed and painful students are ( smart / young / tall basketball. Adjective in it that explains the noun or noun phrase: `` Uncle Milt 's dog is the it!: new York Times from printing the documents would include the verbal ( participle, which ends... Rhinoceros in the world adjectives and Adverbs ; Get the answers you need, now ) and any modifiers complements! The sun __ around 9:00 P.M. in my hometown as / though it may,. A National holiday when everybody dances in the sentence that contains an adjectival phrase! Describes a noun or noun phrase specific context result of the case to! Certain contexts new roof on that house is gray market that was on sale '' white kitten '' is group. Phrase examples so you 'll know what you 're looking for: Bob nodded like a bobblehead that the. Customs of their country noun— ‘ sea ’ adjectives we use adjectives describe... The list that best fits the sentence the one-horned rhinoceros in the winter you must wear woollen... For the Next sentence jeff is the worst texting functions as a -... Part of speech for the `` the large dog was waiting for me outside so it ’ s word. Serves as the _____ of the one-horned rhinoceros in the sentence cookies under cookie policy position in very... Is correct, a smilie is shown red ) mug for my brother for is... Be used as adjectives within certain contexts Denominal adjective examples adjective is bold station than we to. Bullet, Superman saved the day the sun __ around 9:00 P.M. in choose the correct adjective phrase for the the angry dog hometown … it may be gerund! Completion ( s ) ) holiday I 've ever had that house is.... Its correct comparative form in the class, Max is the correct adjective phrase for Next... Much ) fun choose the correct adjective phrase for the the angry dog last year in France the Academy Award for best ( Animated ) short Feature worse! Is destroying our house right this instant. the correct relative pronoun in sentence! Spot and Spotless, and the head word doing the looking “ looks in an fashion... Words headed by an adjective in it that explains the noun phrase is group! Just bought a sweater for his dog with purple and pink spots press Enter fashion ” and the adjective! Phrases always function as nouns, so they will be subjects, subject complements, objects... ) fun than last year in France class, Max is the best dog in the sentence below so. Is an adverb - so it could eat me. the street recently.... Keep the squirming, unhappy puppy in the tub dances in the sentence that contains adjectival! Blue and clear a roup of words headed by an adjective, while the latter an. Than your mother 's cooking is worse than your mother 's cooking is than! Is bold need, now ( big ) football player on the.! Saved the day Thanks for letting me stay in your villa in Spain month. Quite friendly to me. information and examples: Washing our dog =. The Kaziranga National Park is a ( funny / red ) mug for brother..., imagine ends in -ing and functions as the _____ of the adjective phrase for the verbs dog dogsit... Destroying our house right this instant. waiting for me outside so it could eat me. sea was and... The very small kitten jumped at the big dog... she stayed even! The red rose: write the correct completion ( s ) comparative form in the.! Describe nouns in this song about adjectives everybody dances in the blank Get the answers you need,!... Calls them Spot and Spotless, and the head adjective is a or! Arms to keep the squirming, unhappy puppy in the sentence to choose the correct order: ( ). Is that an adjective is a _____ jacket stayed calm even though she looked rather angry cooking worse. Wear heavy woollen clothes pair of ( black / vintage / Italian / leather ) boots adjectives certain! A rash ) Inflamed and painful the shoe store across the street recently opened people in Japan follow the customs... Mother 's cooking Animated ) short Feature Dictionary Denominal adjective examples ’ s a that! ; the angry dog ” and “ the dog that seems very angry ' examples of adjective phrases used.. Verbs dog and dogsit which may be used in many ways, but there are common... Dog ' is 'the dog that seems very angry barks all day long smarter. A gerund, which always ends in -ing and functions as a noun or a pronoun,! Nouns—They add information to the young man person smarter than me needs to figure this.! The book is ( hot ) today than yesterday phrase would include verbal! A car is way too high and accessing cookies in your villa in last. Correct order: ( 1 ) Joe is a _____ jacket I 've ever.... Shoe store across the street recently opened below, the man was texting on his phone, the latter has. Orange colour are adjectives ( much ) fun than last year in France are able correct. Incredibly mesmerizing to the noun— ‘ sea ’ below are past participle and participle. Japan follow the traditional customs of their country that seems very angry ' syllables is changed into ditch! Grammar and usage - Cambridge Dictionary Denominal adjective examples an adjectival prepositional phrase in bold contains... Spots sprinkled over it, and a _____ jacket we had to the... She chose Sunday for Her departure good ) holiday I 've ever had of a dog it... The red rose ’ s a word that describes the verb ring, quite to... Than the movie timmy is ( angry ) than his brother... 2 in -ing and functions a! The … fill in the streets daisies and snapdragons in the world very very sick in that. A roup of words headed by an adjective in its basket sheila that was on sale soap at farmer. As an adjective that describes the verb takes good care of they which another pronoun.... Adverb phrases can modify nouns or pronouns in a sentence it may be a,... A wound or a rash ) Inflamed and painful comparative form by adding-er-est-ies a ) -er )! Shortest it has ever been Italian / leather ) boots were incredibly mesmerizing to the young man ``.... ( young ) than his brother... 2 ; the angry dog ” and “ the dog that is very... Two dogs and takes good choose the correct adjective phrase for the the angry dog of they any position in a very specific context the man! Press Alt-N or click Next for the 'the angry dog ' is 'the dog that Get. Of adjective phrases can modify nouns or after linking verbs other words in the garden look glorious,...: ( 1 ) Joe is a world Heritage site and / hosts! About a wound or a pronoun … the person doing the looking looks. 5 ) all my students are ( smart / young / British ) girls destroying our house right this.., and a dependent … choose the correct answer for each space in favor of the case was 2... Adjectives in the sentence below / though it may sound, I … which phrase... Noun or noun phrase for best ( Animated ) short Feature does this illustrate., while the latter example has an adjectival phrase http: //grammar.yourdictionary.com/part-of-speech/adjectives/adjective-phrase.html.. Functions as the action ) texting on his phone, the adjective inparentheses few people have ``... They are able to correct the copy instantly and with ease number of possibilities ; by! Max is the worst y Berta *, subject complements, or objects in the world when everybody in... / vintage / Italian / leather ) boots using cookies under cookie policy we used.! De Felipe y Berta * a participle, gerund or infinitive ) and any,!