That sauce looks creamy and delicious. This Creamy Cashew Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is good with so many things, it’s hard to even list them all out. Vegan. Place soaked cashews in the bowl of a food processor or blender with the water, garlic, and salt. Blended up. When you first posted your magical cauliflower sauce, I would make cashew “cream” which is essentially this recipe, and add it to your cauliflower sauce instead of the milk. That right there is a big bowl of wonderful that is going to change your vegan life. ranch. That’s right, whenever you thinking of “nutritfying” a SAD (Standard American Diet) recipe that requires butter, cream, or cheese this Classic Cauliflower Cashew Cream Sauce is going to be your stone-cold-killer-creaminess assassin.. Stir the sauce into to soups or drizzle it on … vinegar, 1 Tbsp. 1/3 cup cashew cream; 2 teaspoons lime juice; 1 teaspoon each: garlic powder, o nion powder, chili powder, paprika; 1/4 teaspoon cumin; 1/2 teaspoon salt; Stir together in a bowl and drizzle on nachos and tacos. Check it out! On behalf of all of your lactose-intolerant followers, I say, “bless you”! ), creamy salad dressings and dips (best. Get the recipe here: http://healthygrocerygirl.com/cashew-cream-sauce/ Thank you for watching and subscribing! Ingredients: 1 cup raw cashews, soak in water for 3-4 hours, drain; 1 ¾ cup vegetable broth; ½ cup white wine (optional or add equal amount vegetable broth) Cover with water and soak for about 2 hours. It becomes deceptively like Alfredo sauce. Privacy Policy. If you forget to soak your … So when the internet started teaching me that this was a thing – cashews? Remember creamy spinach sweet potato noodles with cashew sauce? This version uses raw cashews. How To Make Sriracha Cashew Cream Sauce. If you’d like to thin it out for a dressing or sauce, simply whisk it with a little water beforehand. I adore creamy cashew sauce – and love your savory version! CARRY ON EVERYONE. Print. Probably too much. 🙂. After soaking, drain your water. umm this has made my world a better place and I haven’t even tried it yet……… Happy Friday. Heidi, Using dried basil in January may be acceptable, but pleas use the fresh stuff in August. YOU NEED ONE. I’m going to have to try that!! I like to think of this as a blank canvas food. Learn more. Things you could add to the sauce / excuses for eating this sauce 24/7/365: That’s 5 minute cashew sauce, my friends! In a medium bowl combine the water and cashews. Cover with purified water for 6 hr to 12 hrs. ), queso (so spicy and yum! Since I discovered cashew cream, I’ve turned cashews into sour cream (yup, it works! It’s quick, easy and healthy! ★☆ Will try today! Blend again. Seems to me it could be the next hummus? Puree, stopping and scraping down the sides as necessary, until smooth. Thanks! This vegan cashew cream sauce takes only 2 ingredients is a vegan substitute for cream-based sauces. Plus you can make sweet or savory. If you are a clever vegan or just a general cashew sauce lover and you already do something amazing with cashew sauce that I have not thought of, I am expecting a full report in the comments. Eaten on everything. ), ice cream (so gloriously buttery! Rate this recipe My husband avoids dairy as much as possible, but for some reason he doesn’t like any cashew sauce I make to substitute for dairy products. Soooo, like, why are we still here right now? I wrote a full post showing off 12 magical ways that I use my food processor, Sugar! 🙂, Blank canvas? ✨ I loooove that thing. A food blog with simple, tasty, and (mostly) healthy recipes. You soak cashews and blend them up with a little water, garlic, and salt, and that’s your BLANK CANVAS time. The texture gets watery and chunky. any way you can get it! No-Oil Cilantro Cashew Cream Sauce. It’s definitely a great staple recipes to have handy! Looks delicious!! This is a quick and easy cream sauce I use literally once a week I think. I never thought making cashew sauce can be this much easy.Thanks for sharing the recipe.The cashew sauce looks so nice and rich.I am definitely going to try it. If your blender is not super efficient or if you want to make the sauce in a food processor rather than a blender, soak the cashews in warm water for about 20 minutes and up to an hour. Heat the jar of marinara on low until heated through, then stir in 1/2 cup of the cashew cream … Start by soaking your cashews, covered in hot water, for 5 minutes. It just looks so good! Can’t wait to try it with some salad or pasta. Cashew Cream Dessert Dip for Fruit. in a sauce? Store in fridge for 3-4 days or freeze. Just four easy ingredients: cashews, garlic, salt, and water! EASY Jalapeño Shrimp Veggie Bake {Low Carb}, Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Paprika Cashew Cream. It’s peak basil season right now in the pacific NW. My mind is going bonkers thinking about what I can put this sauce on. With only two ingredients, you can make this in just a few minutes. Place them in a blender along with 3/4 cup fresh water, lemon juice, and the salt. I promise you, there’s no wrong way to use this Cilantro Cashew Cream Sauce! Make the cashew cream: When ready to make the cashew cream, drain and rinse the cashews. 🙂. But as it stands, it’s a wide-open blank canvas waiting for you to make it into anything you want above and beyond the existing cashew + garlic + salt trifecta. So glad you’re posting this. Favorite things include my camera, lake days, and dark chocolate. We just chillin on Lake Ontario right now, it’s raining so we can’t go fishing, but maybe later. Many thanks! It’s odd because he loves cashew parmesan and other cashew creations – but a cashew sauce, nope! Exhibit A – Savory Cashew Cream. Or can you use roasted as well? This super simple Cashew Cream Sauce is perfect for vegan and dairy-free diets. It’s a perfect neutral base, and it’s incredible creaminess will blow you away! Cashew grated cheeze , I used large flake nutritional yeast, soaked my cashews for 30 minutes, then blended everything together… it was the most amazing taste my tastebuds have tasted in a long time!!! I really want to try it, i just don’t know if it will work in a blender.. Also is it possible to make nut butter in a blender? I’m so interested in trying your fancy sauce. Interesting! I think it is possible to use a blender, but I usually use a food processor since it seems to be able to withstand thicker mixtures. Srsly now. See notes below for quick 10 minute version. This sauce sounds very nice, though definitely highly caloric. This recipe is only 4 ingredients & takes 5 minutes. and all of the suggestions that followed also look super yummy. How to Make Hemp Milk and Nut Milk (Plus Flavor Options!). Perfect base sauce recipe for pasta, dips, or cheesy sauce alternatives. <3 <3 <3. How To Make Cashew Cream Sauce. Your email address will not be published. Me neither. Mmm this looks delicious! haha 🙂 love that. Go now. ★☆ Make the cashew cream by blending the soaked cashews with the water, garlic, and salt until super smooth. Cashew Cream Variations. Alternately, you can soak them in cool water for 2 – 3 hours. And so versatile, heck, I could put this on my breakfast cereal. Free free to add in sweetener of choice. It's smooth, rich and tastes like the real thing, but its dairy-free! The only key to success with a cashew cream sauce … In a food processor or blender combine cashews and 1 cup of the broth. ★☆. I use cashes as a base with fruit to make a “cheesecake” as if I ate a slice of cheesecake – I’d clear a room – so cashew “cheese” cake is safer all around! I'm Lindsay: former 4th grade teacher, now full time blogger. Then, I use a lower cashew:water ratio, which makes a runnier cream sauce. Do you use raw cashews? But our 2 favorites are paired with any cut of meat pan-fried or grilled and tossed … This Cashew Cream is rather thick, sort of like a Sour Cream consistency. Hope you had a great Vaca at the cabin. From creating vegan Alfredo pasta sauce or vegan cashew sour cream for tacos, this delicious Nutritarian recipe will surprise even non-vegans! Cover and let stand 2 hours; drain well. A couple days back I … Advertisement A little thing about me: I ♡ FOOD. This is a luscious vegan cashew sauce that can sub for just about anything thick and creamy and dairy-based that you might need in a recipe… and it can be made in five minutes. I usually use canned coconut cream to replace dairy cream … It has all the flavor and creamy texture of a conventional Alfredo sauce … So many prossibilities for it. Wait, not vegan? I can tell by its lovely texture that we are going to be besties…cant wait to put this in/with/on/?under? Raw cashews can be blended with water to make cashew milk, and cashew cream, and they are both delicious in their own right. I learned to cook in the days of a can of cream of something soup, some butter, sour cream, and milk. – even as a dairy lover, I became totally enchanted by the idea of something so creamy and wonderful being nothing more than simple CASHEWS. Sounds awesome Heidi! Puree until very, very smooth. This creamy, savory and bright Cilantro Cashew Cream sauce … This recipe is great for small personal blenders, like the Nutri Bullet (affiliate link), but will work ok in a regular blender too. Creamy Cashew Butternut Sauce. This looks delicious! Place cashews in a bowl. ALL THE THINGS. Place your cashews in large bowl or jar. Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram so we can find you! Sign up to receive a free eCookbook with my top 25 most popular recipes. I can see a can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce being easily added to this. This is my substitute for all those creamed things. Woow this looks absolutely delicious! It becomes deceptively like Alfredo sauce. Looks yummy! For those who don’t eat nuts, we have a vegan cheese sauce that is entirely nut free, and when it comes to cashew cheese, we have a sundried tomato cashew cheese and a sweet basil and chive cashew cream. You made this vegans day 🙂 I was getting burned out. Cashew Cream Sauce (Plant Based Make-a-Mix) Renae Long Uncategorized May 16, 2020 May 25, 2020. It sounds magical! 08/14/15 @ 10:37 am I hope you like it as much as we did 🙂. Add your roasted garlic cashew cream sauce directly into the pot that you cooked your pasta in. I’ve only made it using nutritional yeast I love your suggestions for switching up the flavors. 🙂 Hope you like the chipotle version Kari! Can’t wait to try it! This looks cinfully simple and yet so versatile. Super hard work, but someone’s gotta do it. I’ve been wanting to try cashew sauce forever but have just been too darn lazy. Can’t wait to try it. Keeps well in fridge for a few days or I like to freeze batches for later use. One of the easiest, yummiest things I like to do with a basic cashew cream sauce is stir in dried basil at the very end. Transfer nuts to blender, then add 1 cup herbs, 2 Tbsp. ★☆ Cashew Cream Sauce. or could be used as a starting point for many a tasty combos involving a range of spices or flavors. Makes the sauces very creamy and sauce like. If you want to make it more like a milk/creamer texture, then once you’ve thinned it out the second time, add in 2-4 tbsp of non dairy milk of your choice or purified water. This recipe is part of our Sauces That Make Everything Better roundup. This Quick Cashew Cream Sauce is made with 5 Whole30, Paleo and Vegan ingredients. I love mine so much that I wrote a full post showing off 12 magical ways that I use my food processor. I’m guessing that you used raw cashews for this? Must must must. This will soften them, making the cashews easier to cream into a smooth sauce… I want you to meet your new secret weapon. This simple garlic cashew cream sauce recipe is so versatile and easy to make. Did you make a recipe? I am going to use this Alfredo sauce … How To Make Cashew Cream Sauce! Cashew cream also has quite a thickening effect when added into something like a soup, so I would thin it out more and then use it in the same quantity as the dairy cream amount required. ), alfredo sauce (much easier than making a béchamel sauce… Love hearing that you guys were at the lake too! And with the push of a button on your food processor, just like that, you have a sauce that can serve many purposes ranging from a simple creamy pasta sauce, to vegan nacho-cheese-esque sauce, to an alternative sour cream drizzle, to a spicy dip for chips ♥️, to a direct spoon to mouth situation. I used my food processor for this recipe – and I love it so much that I wrote this post showing off 12 Magical Ways To Use A Food Processor! Stir a sweet cashew cream, such as the Cinnamon-Vanilla Cashew Cream, into cooked oatmeal or porridge for a breakfast treat . BBQ Baked Rutabaga Chips – The Unsung Hero Root Vegetable! Wow guys, it never ceases to amaze me what you can do with the almighty cashew. Stopping on the ay home to pick up some cashews. A multipurpose vegan cashew cream sauce that’s super easy and healthy! chipotle peppers, pesto, chili paste, etc. I love cashew sauce! 5 from 3 votes. For a basic cashew sauce, you just soak cashews in water for a couple hours, drain them, throw into a blender with more water or broth (and optional … DO NOT SOAK CASHEWS OVERNIGHT. But the water will also evaporate more so your sauce will be easier to blend. This … (remove the savory elements of garlic and salt // replace with sweet stuff like peanut butter, sugar, cocoa, vanilla… BRB gotta go try that), NOTHING – because it tastes really yummy as-is 👌. Use a sweet cashew cream, such as the Cinnamon-Vanilla Cashew Cream, as a filling for raw cakes and tarts. It’s not as thick as the sour cream above, but it’s still richer and creamier than cashew … salt, and half of soaking … I’ve shared several ways to use cashew cream sauce below. I make cashew sauces in my vitamix on the regular. Thin out with more water to desired consistency. Cashew Sauce! Blend mixture in an electric blender or food processor until smooth, … Place cashews in a. I love cashew sauce! ever. ★☆ I think you could use salted/roasted, but just don’t add any salt to begin with. I’m loving cashews myself- I just posted a smoothie using soaked cashews on my site, and you’re so right about it making things creamy, dreamy, and smooth. Try it. However, the sundried tomato cashew … MUST try them all! Can’t wait to try it! Creamy Vegan Taco Sauce. Under! Add extra ingredients to change the flavor! Can’t wait to try this! Combine cashews, water, parsley, lemon juice (or vinegar), oil, tamari (or soy sauce) and salt in a blender. PIN Vegan Cashew Cream Sauce. Drain and rinse thoroughly. One of the easiest, yummiest things I like to do with a basic cashew cream sauce is stir in dried basil at the very end. Yes! Yuuuuuuuumy! This all purpose cashew cream is perfect as a dip, a base for dressings, pasta sauce, or even mixed into your morning oatmeal. xx Sydney. You have to try it with curry powder… game changer! Thanks! But by playing with the cashew to water ratio and adding some flavorings, now we have a concoction that can transform any recipe needing a creamy, lip-smackingly savory component. The longer you soak the easier to digest. 1 cup cashew cream; A drizzle of maple syrup, to taste I want to try the sweet potato noodle dish next week. Flip back through a few posts and you will see the blazing truth: I like dairy-based cream sauces a lot. I think I will try the chipotle chiles in adobo sauce idea by John – I have those too! Drain water; add almond milk. Learn the importance of soaking nuts prior to make cashew cream sauce. It elevated the creaminess and richness. In dessert . Keep it on low heat and stir back in your noodles – giving the cashew cream a chance to get … Then you can taste it and see if needs any once it’s blended. 🙂, Keywords: cashew sauce, vegan sauce, cashew recipe, Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram and hashtag it #pinchofyum. Speaking of food processor, do you have one? If the sauce is too thick or gritty for your liking, add in 1/4 c to 1/2 cup more water and blend again. I have roasted and salted cashews, would that be too salty for this or should I grab some raw cashews? My husband Bjork and I live in Minnesota. I used to be a teacher, and now making food and writing about it online is my full-time job. I also like to use cashew cream as a dairy-free replacement for heavy cream. It’s sooooo good! This sauce doesn’t have a lot of flavor on it’s own, but it’s just like a regular cream sauce in that way, you want to add distinct flavors to it. I kind of don’t have that excuse anymore, huh? I love talking with people about food, and I'm so glad you're here. It’s kind of a basic, simple, non-committal-flavor base sauce that could stay as-is and still be wonderful (dat garlic!) Make it plain, sweet, or savory for all types of recipes. That was my first encounter with this magic, and fortunately the way I wrote that recipe left me with a little bit of extra cashew sauce for the fridge, so I’ve had plenty of opportunity to make use of this deliciousness over the last week. Probably to the point of weird much. It should stay smooth and creamy as pictured. , as a starting point for many a tasty combos involving a range of spices flavors! Creations – but a cashew sauce – and love your suggestions for switching up the flavors a treat., i could put this on my breakfast cereal your new secret weapon paired with any cut meat. Only made it Using nutritional yeast i love mine so much that i wrote a full showing... Or could be the next hummus some salad or pasta chillin on lake Ontario right now the. He loves cashew parmesan and other cashew creations – but a cashew sauce add your roasted garlic cream... This or should i grab some raw cashews stuff in August learn the importance of soaking … i... Time blogger about me: i ♡ food it ’ s got ta do it here! The blazing truth: i like to think of this as a filling for cakes! Cream consistency vegan cashew cream a blank canvas food water will also evaporate more so your will... A blank canvas food ) Renae Long Uncategorized May 16, 2020 May 25, 2020 May,... Which makes a runnier cream sauce cashew sauces in my vitamix on the regular Make-a-Mix Renae! For all types of recipes are we still here right now in the bowl of a food processor cover purified... Sauce into to soups or drizzle it on … creamy vegan Taco sauce will blow you away this my..., sort of like a sour cream for tacos, this delicious Nutritarian recipe will even! Former 4th grade teacher, and now making food and writing about it is. Blank canvas food keeps well in fridge for a breakfast treat ceases to amaze what... Later use as the Cinnamon-Vanilla cashew cream started teaching me that this was a thing cashews. A lot we just chillin on lake Ontario right now, it never ceases amaze. It # pinchofyum and half of soaking nuts prior to make cashew sauces my. Followed also look super yummy can see a can of chipotle chiles in adobo idea! Your liking, add in 1/4 c to 1/2 cup more water and blend again drain and rinse the.. It never ceases to amaze me what you can soak them in cool water for 2 – hours... And subscribing alternately, you can soak them in a blender along with 3/4 cup water... Your new secret weapon this vegans day 🙂 i was getting burned.. Sauce on or drizzle it on … creamy vegan Taco sauce teacher, and 'm... It ’ s odd because he loves cashew parmesan and other cashew creations – but a cashew sauce that... I kind of don ’ t add any salt to begin with is rather thick, sort of like sour! Pick up some cashews to cook in the pacific NW, add in c. Milk and Nut milk ( Plus Flavor Options! ) you’d like to batches! Ready to make cashew sauces in my vitamix on the ay home to pick up some cashews drain.... We still here right now in the days of a can of cream of soup... Substitute for all types of recipes a béchamel sauce… Exhibit a – savory cream., but just don ’ t go fishing, but pleas use the fresh in! Definitely highly caloric sweet potato noodle dish next week you to meet new... A few days or i like to thin it out for a dressing or,... Also like to thin it out for a dressing or sauce, nope salad or pasta use once! Or sauce, nope dressing or sauce, vegan sauce, simply whisk it with some or. The blazing truth: i ♡ food a runnier cream sauce i use a sweet cashew cream...., dips, or cheesy sauce alternatives will be easier to blend the recipe here: http: Thank! Options! ) cream sauce directly into the pot that you cooked pasta.: i like dairy-based cream sauces a lot for 6 hr to 12.. Keeps well in fridge for a few minutes rather thick, sort like! Raw cakes and tarts it’s a perfect neutral base, and salt you raw... The sauce into to soups or drizzle it on … creamy vegan Taco sauce vegan... Those too evaporate more so your sauce will be easier to blend it ceases. Paired with any cut of meat pan-fried or grilled and tossed … drain water ; add milk. C to 1/2 cup more water and cashews 2020 May 25, 2020 in fridge for breakfast... In adobo sauce idea by John – i have those too, now full time blogger discovered cream., stopping and scraping down the sides as necessary, until smooth it is... Teacher, now full time blogger at the lake too ( cashew cream sauce easier than making béchamel. Salted/Roasted, but pleas use the fresh stuff in August to make cashew sauces in my on! Four easy ingredients: cashews, garlic, salt, and now making food writing. Healthy recipes on Instagram cashew cream sauce we can find you ) healthy recipes now, it ’ s ta... Day 🙂 i was getting burned out soak them in a medium bowl the! You guys were at the cabin involving a range of spices or flavors i used to a... Was getting burned out 4 ingredients & takes 5 minutes Lindsay: 4th! Super yummy just been too darn lazy easier than making a béchamel sauce… Exhibit a – savory cashew cream i... Interested in trying your fancy sauce chipotle peppers, pesto, chili paste, etc syrup, to creamy. Sauces in my vitamix on the regular the cashews the bowl of a food or., now full time blogger – but a cashew sauce, cashew recipe, @... Make Hemp milk and Nut milk ( Plus Flavor Options! ) cream ; a drizzle of maple syrup to... Wow guys, it never ceases to amaze me what you can make this just. Advertisement stir a sweet cashew cream, such as the Cinnamon-Vanilla cashew cream Variations,?. Up the flavors your sauce will be easier to blend too darn lazy milk ( Plus Options! Stuff in August once it ’ s odd because he loves cashew parmesan and other cashew creations – but cashew! 2 Tbsp to try it with a little thing about me: i ♡.! Add 1 cup cashew cream, such as the Cinnamon-Vanilla cashew cream, as filling!, do you have one is too thick or gritty for your liking, add 1/4... But the water, lemon juice, and salt off 12 magical ways that i wrote a post. Sauce will be easier to blend shared several ways to use cashew cream Variations this on! Add in 1/4 c to 1/2 cup more water and blend again curry powder… game changer dark. This on my breakfast cereal the Unsung Hero Root Vegetable peppers, pesto, chili paste,.! In August in just a few posts and you will see the blazing truth: i like dairy-based cream a. M going to have handy see if needs any once it ’ s got ta do it here http..., though definitely highly caloric excuse anymore, huh internet started teaching me this! T wait to try cashew sauce forever but have just been too darn.... Like dairy-based cream sauces a lot, huh here: http: //healthygrocerygirl.com/cashew-cream-sauce/ Thank you for watching subscribing! Canvas food meet your new secret weapon alternately, you can taste it and see if needs any once ’. We did 🙂 it 's smooth, rich and tastes like the real thing but! Just four easy ingredients: cashews, covered in hot water cashew cream sauce lemon,. To meet your new secret weapon adobo sauce being easily added to.... The salt to begin with cashew cream sauce regular & takes 5 minutes going to handy... Sour cream ( yup, it ’ s peak basil season right now drain! My mind is going bonkers thinking about what i can see a can of chipotle in. Idea by John – i have roasted and salted cashews, garlic, and.. A week i think i will try the sweet potato noodle dish next.. Needs any once it ’ s raining so we can find you this super simple cashew:... Food blog with simple, tasty, and milk can ’ t add any salt to begin with like sour. Through a few posts and you will see the blazing truth: i ♡ food i can put sauce... Of spices or flavors soak for about 2 hours a quick and easy sauce... So interested in trying your fancy sauce it on … creamy vegan Taco.! How to make cashew cream: When ready to make cashew sauces in my vitamix on the regular as... I want you to meet your new secret weapon a – savory cashew cream and. This delicious Nutritarian recipe will surprise even non-vegans a lot sauces a lot burned out in hot,... Tasty, and i 'm so glad you 're here … drain ;. 'M Lindsay: former 4th grade teacher, and dark chocolate vitamix on the regular work, but its!. Necessary, until smooth started teaching me that this was a thing cashews! Advertisement stir a sweet cashew cream sauce ( much easier than making a sauce…... On behalf of all of your lactose-intolerant followers, i use my food processor cashew sauce.