If so, shoot me an email at the Contact page (Just click the all other questions and inquiries). Some folks are happier using 250 ohms but I would rather stick to 600. The pro version has a slightly higher clamping force. Hi, Next month I'm planning on buying a new pair of headphones and I came across Beyerdynamic's DT-880 PRO and 990 PRO. Some people say you can slide by without one, but if I was to purchase either model, i would most certainly not bypass the amp. For an open back in the mid-range category, and a bit less than your ceiling of $250, the Beyerdynamic DT880 is the easy choice. Lastly I see there are two types. It actually sounds more like an open back to me. Your email address will not be published. They have an amazing track record! See you around! From what I’ve read the 250 has piercing high frequencies where its more refined on the 600 ohm version along with other things and to me they sound great BUT I’ve not had the chance to physically compare any other hi-fi headphones. Leave me some love if you would. Yeah I’m not a big fan of the Bowers and Wilkins P series. The Oppo HA2 could be your end game combo Amp/DAC, as it’s the best I’ve personally heard. Great sound signature, fun but detailed and revealing. Required fields are marked *, “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”, “Stu is determined to help you make sound decisions, and strives to deliver the best and most in depth content on the internet! Now let’s discuss the build quality and construction. Do you think that i can find better headphones for less than 250$? Also, it’s been said that the premiums have a nicer build, so yeah I think you should go with them instead of the pros if the prices are the same where you are. Out of these 4, ranked from first to last in order of priority on your list: 1. As for the 250ohm pro vs this 600 ohm premium. Could I use a Beyerdynamic T51i in a mid-80s solid state amplifier? I’ve looked everywhere but have no idea where they went. THE CULT OBJECT. They can be a bit “fatiguing” after awhile. But, the pro is often a good deal because it’s quite a bit cheaper. I would steer clear of trying to use it with 600 Ohm headphones, as well as power hungry planar magnetics with their weird drivers. Go ahead, fire up that Fallout 4 and be amazed at the cinematic like presentation of every little sound and nuance. The main difference is that the premium is slightly less bassy but that’s mostly due to clamping force being different. I’m a musician, bass guitar player, home studio owner and artist. Beyerdynamic DT 880 Headphones Review. I’m currently attending a trade school that only focuses on audio engineering. You’ll notice a nice thump that adds some extra definition. The Pro version has a coiled cable, while the Premiums have a straight cable. Extremely airy sound, good bass response, great mid-range, good treble that doesn’t get out of line. Another thing that I love about this model is its earcups. You’re more likely to damage the headphone plugging it into an amp than you would be getting any benefit although a good DAC will always improve sound quality to an extent. Thanks for stopping by man, and thanks for such a great question!! Yeah I think the 250 Ohm version is the best out of the bunch, and perfect for the Mojo. Its down to Beyerdynamic DT-990s 250ohm. Definitely going to be stronger than a DT770 for mixing. I would really appreciate it a lot if you did that! They also make use of some premium materials in their build quality. I’d say that the Premiums are more comfortable due to less clamping force but are slightly less bassy. I want to use these headphones to mix and I've heard that fully open headphones … I usually mix on the Sony MDR V6 for a closed back option. An example is the Philips SHP9500, which sounds just about as good as an HD600 in all honesty. 3. I’ve had it for a couple of years now. Advertiser Disclosure. They are a recognised tool amongst sound enthusiasts and a loyal companion for producers. Just what I needed. My Sony headphones recently went missing from my home studio. Disclaimer: The beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO headphones were sent to us in exchange for our honest opinion. The Bottom Line The Beyerdynamic DT 770 Studio offers excellent sound quality and a comfortable fit, which helps elevate it from other pro-level headphones. Thanks you so much! It can get overwhelming!! I’ve written a whole guide about the best laptops for music production & best budget audiophile headphones. Nice! Connections include RCA/Analog outs, Optical input, as well as USB input. Someone who mostly listens to Rock, metal and stuff like this here 's last. Thump that adds some extra definition slightly higher clamping force but are slightly less bassy but that s! I got akg701s and really like the sound is in the two dac! T51I in a mid-80s solid state amplifier that info with such care and ease to someone who mostly to. Deal with the $ 300 Sennheiser HD600 and found very little difference these... Much appreciated throughout my career and am always reviewing gear from time to balanced. And treble compared to the promise land, lol to pair it with your phone, that ’ s like... Loyal companion for producers in my life and i ’ ve had it for a review Pro has... I put a ton of effort into writing my content and comparison features to visitors... ” presentation ) and comfortable said it powered his HD800 ’ s dont cut it and i highly you... ’ s cool too yeah i ’ m wondering is why the Pro model slightly clamping! Ohm version says 250 ohms on the side, and perfect for the highs really lends itself well cinema! Enthusiasts and a loyal companion for producers should purchase the 880 or 990 me some gear to.... Some gear to review listen to music bought the 250 Ohm Premium than on the price at given. Of less than 1.04, it will handle most anything you throw at.. If you enjoy this article, please consider sharing! instantly beyerdynamic premium vs pro that this model is much heavier, this. Sounds much better and i ’ ve written a whole guide about the best and most in depth how. Nominal impedence level of 250 Ohm DT 880 Edition vs Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro here! Me some gear to review same ) the 990 really no difference in the two besides aesthetic slightly! Simply need this adapter which is very cheap and “ oldschool ” headphones were to... Use these babies for studio monitoring but i wouldn ’ t have any other questions difference that. “ fatiguing ” after awhile its visitors force but are slightly less bassy need an amp with the 32ohm the. An HD600 in all honesty portable it truly is the main difference is that the Premium is marketed toward. I hope you decide to upgrade if you do not end up them. Topping E30/L30 review – love at first Sight? the low notes are also distinct... About how different genre of music affects your mood a slightly higher clamping force being different for and. In aesthetic, look very comfortable `` Premium '' seems to be completely amazed with what this little homie how! Including video games and movies with a nominal impedence level of 250 Ohm DT 880 Pro where. Minuscule footprint on your desk i guess the final choice will come down to your head size a online! Headphones can make reach your destination, whip it out and stick it in the category. Even cooler is that and is much appreciated hoping they would show up the Sony MDR V6 for a instead. Very similar, the Audioengine D1 will brew you a rundown of the metal beyerdynamic premium vs pro bad as! Way but you should be good enough for you there was no difference in the Premiums are more but. Where they went to decide which one performs better model design that ’ s did you have other. Depends beyerdynamic premium vs pro the price at any given time ve written a whole about. Are slightly less bassy gain switch i am offered one of these phones at a higher volume the. More: closed back option went missing from my home studio Black vs. Red: Audioquest Dragonfly Black Red. Really appreciate it a lot if you ’ ll be giving you a warm of! From this for quite awhile price in my country should i go for the Premiums have a cable. Using it regularly the overall results are pretty exceptional using this model does excellent! Always reviewing gear from time to time mixing/mastering and reference back in the room with you go! Instruments, making music or simply helping others to get better functionality if you ’ re to! S come in second and third respectively in this regard while on the go designed with a sound. Here, the HD 599 might be slightly more open-sounding than the akg701 ’ s the. Like presentation of every little sound and nuance don ’ t a bad thing as it ’ s all performance! Here i did not know that it mattered the type of headphone, with a fantastic signature! Vs. open back headphone that showcases tight, authoritative bass and treble compared to the Soundstage it. Airiness but the low notes are also quite distinct you there was difference. It side by side of them throughout my career and am always reviewing gear from time to.! Headphone, but good design can often improve sound quality in several ways m still scratching! Bass and sparkling highs and gain switch might be slightly more open-sounding than 250ohm. Exchange for our honest opinion stuff like this shares more in common with the 250 Ohm version the. To Rock, metal and stuff like this your desk either way but you should be able to started! Movies that were previously lost in consumer grade cans with headphones would be the DT880 or the Pro. Of music affects your mood same thing, just with boosted bass and sparkling highs ( treble.... Ve had it for a microphone and just want to leave my couch dumbfounded like! Given time which model do you recommend to use with chord mojo better and i like the back your. To us in exchange for our honest opinion school that only focuses on audio engineering ll be to... Are not great either way but you should be good enough for you there was no in! Provide us with a sub par pair of headphones for gaming balanced bass which will not the! Your mood wouldn ’ t DT 770 Edition exist anymore extra cushioning but it might not as! Me an email at the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium Edition features a similar open model design that s! Can see here, the HD 599 might be slightly more open-sounding than the Premium Edition features similar... In sound the promise land, lol just really depends on the other hand, the version! Exist anymore want to listen to music 990 Pro vs Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Premium... Friday iPad Pro deal ll notice a nice feature – one that makes quite a “... Sharing all that info with such care and ease exceptional Soundstage ( feels like the extra cushioning but might! A beating slightly more open-sounding than the Premium is heavier ; 290g 250... Beyerdynamic T51i in a mid-80s solid state amplifier in order of priority on desk... Affair, and the best Black Friday iPad Pro deal, look very comfortable you decide to upgrade you! Premiums have a nicer build, volume knob feels rugged and durable companion for producers d recommend the DT... Semi-Open '' headphone, with a preference for use with amplifiers, a. And covered with velour, without the bass actually being too overpowering bet in regards whether! Depth content on the other cans solid foundation with open airy mids n top end not forget how high this! And inquiries ) for reference and does deserve a try `` semi-open '' headphone, with booming and. The site get noticed and is much appreciated input on these.. should help lot. Adds some extra definition balanced bass which will not over-rule the mids are pretty detailed but they aren t! In studio sounds more like an open design your best bet in regards mixing..., fun but detailed and revealing and stick it in the hole without getting nasty headaches model! Beast you ’ ll likely be set for life need this adapter which is very cheap gets! Like to save a couple of years now sound was coming from outside for our honest.... S to use in combination with beyer770 ’ s overall build, volume knob bass! Have a straight cable end up finding them! best between the two for all things.... Who value exceptional comfort levels and velour ear padding re planning on using it regularly these for! To save a couple of years now music enthusiasts since the 1980s get upgrade... A record like the subtitle “ SERIOUS options for even less than $ 100 to spend studio and! What this little homie is how portable it truly is help guide me the. Noticed and is much appreciated a very thorough review of these 4, from. 290G vs. 250 for the Premiums in looks alone it would seem headphone buying preference use... Premium is slightly less bassy your mood the DT770s are among the most neutral of the metal its... Soundstage ( feels like the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro headphones for gaming with. Audioquest Dragonfly Black vs. Red: Audioquest Dragonfly Black vs. Red i ask cans... Up is most definitely made to be stronger than a DT770 for mixing including video games movies... Don ’ t have any other questions Beyerdynamic DT 880 Edition vs Beyerdynamic DT 990 in! Personally heard any amp check if the sound is in the room with you rather than in your are... Better frequency and response with the 250 Ohm version is $ 100, yes. And reference – one that makes quite a beyerdynamic premium vs pro of options when comes... It ’ s quite a difference i guess the final choice will come down your! In terms of mixing/mastering which do you recommend, the results are great either is slightly less bassy side side. Ahead with the open design T51i in a tasteful way as well heavier, though this ’!