Look at HDs, no chain, uses belt. We are the only Certified Honda Express Service Center in Mississippi and we’re ready to help you keep your Civic, CR-V , or Pilot always running safe and smooth on Brandon and Madison-area roads. Here is a list of timing belts and timing chains for a Honda Civic. when the Civic was redesigned. All very good points. $1780. You can book online and the mobile mechanics on our network will come and do the work on your doorstep, one way to make your life a little easier! Fast shipping with low price guarantee. Not sure why when the 2007 Hyundai Sonata's V6 used the chain. I replaced both chains, the oil pump chain tensioner and the timing chain tensioner arm. Please review your owners manual. Fast shipping with low price guarantee. Honda Civic 2008, Timing Chain Set without Sprockets by Preferred Components®. Honda quit using the timing belts completely in Civic back when the 8th gen Civic replaced the 7th gen. However, all of Honda's V6s still use timing belts; I think the new Earth Dreams V6s use belts. Does A Honda Civic Have A Timing Belt (Cambelt) Or A Chain? When ing a honda fit bad or failing timing cover when to replace the timing chain on honda accord civic s2000 2007 2008 timing chain vs belt honda, 2 carshow honda accord ictdi european version 2004 800x600 wallpaper 1f jpg honda civic maintenance service ust dos page 198 team bhp 5 symptoms of a bad timing belt and replacement don t get ripped off. Melling timing chains are provided for most domestic and import vehicle applications. I never like the belts anyway. Getting the job completed took me far too long, but a few days ago I actually managed to finish replacing my 2005 Accord i-CTDi cam and oil pump drive chains and it seems to be working perfectly. My 2008 Honda Civic has 90,000 miles on it, and I was reading about timing chains and timing belts. Honda parts and fluids whenever you have maintenance done. Choose top quality brands Cloyes, DNJ Rock, ITM, Melling, Original Equipment, TSU. These are manufactured to the same high-quality standards as the original components, so you can be confident of their performance and durability. About Timing Belt Replacement They can go as long as 100,000 miles although it’s always a good idea to change it before then. Honda Civic Si / Civic Si Mugen 2008, Timing Chain by Melling®. As-a-whole, I thought all the technology had gone to belts. Your car has a timing chain, which does not have a regular replacement interval. On our... Honda Fit 2008, Rubber Variable Timing Spool Valve Filter by … Designed to unlock more performance out of your vehicle Deliver a reasonable balance of strength and durability Is this car timing belt or chain and has it got a DPF? http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/build-section/68010-kevs-2013-pmm-fb6-small-build-thread.html, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada, 9thgencivic.com is an Honda enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. The average cost for a Honda Civic timing chain tensioner replacement is between $269 and $328. the previous owner did not change the timing chain on but i looked online and people say if the car is under 200k miles you don't have to change it but I'm a bit skeptic. 98 1998 Honda Civic Timing Belt ContiTech incl. Dealer says there is no evidence that it has been changed but has main dealer history. when should i change my timing chain? Order online today! Belt failure can cause extensive damage to the valves, pistons and other internal parts of the engine. There is a problem with this engine though. Teeps, that link doesn't seem to be working. This range does not include taxes and fees, and does not factor in your unique location. 7.3K views I have zero issues with the engine or car. U.S. Vehicles: Maintenance, replacement or repair of emissions control devices and systems may be done by any automotive repair I've seen many HD OEMs eliminate bolts on flanges down from 4 to 3 to 2 to save money. 9thgencivic.com is not in any way affiliated with Honda Motor Company. Well, well, well........, for some reason I thought the engine had a timing belt. - For more news, reviews and Top Tens, visit https://www.honestjohn.co.uk i just bought an 2007 honda civic and it has 108563 miles. Honda Civic Si / Civic Si Mugen 2008, Timing Chain Guide by Melling®. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 2008 Honda Civic Timing Chain Replacement Interval Susi Susilawati Foto January 5, 2021 Timing belt diy 2 honda civic forum faq honda accord timing belts and 2007 honda civic hybrid 93k miles timing chain replacement timing belt how to replace Advertisement If you plan to replace a timing chain yourself, you will need to find the correct procedure to set the timing when a new chain is installed. No need to lube as they leak so much oil they're pre-lubed. As it would happen, I was changing my oil today and looked inside the cover to observer what appears to be a timing chain. If your engine parts is in need of repair, don’t compromise the performance and safety of your car with suspect, off-brand replacement parts from the local auto parts chain store. There has been wear issues and an oil test to measure it via stretch. Cam Seal; 98 1998 Honda Civic Timing Belt Tensioner NSK w/o Tensioner Spring; 08 2008 Honda Civic MUGEN Si Timing Chain TSU; 01 2001 Honda Civic Timing Cover Lower Genuine; 06 2006 Honda Civic Valve Cover 1.8L 4 Cyl Genuine; 05 2005 Honda Civic Valve Cover Gasket 1.7L 4 Cyl Ishino Stone Their bikes have CCTs, cam chain tensioners to compensate but those have issues too. If that dealer is giving you 30 minutes to make a decision for this,I would get that car out of there and get other opinions from local,trusted,independent repair shop (s)! Come join the discussion about performance, tuning, engine swaps, turbos, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Search Cars, VIN, Body Style… Loading report. I believe you will find that the timing chain is due for inspection, but not necessarily replacement, at 150,000 miles. It has a timing chain. 2003 Honda Civic. $950. Oil to thin? The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Honda completely quit using the timing belts back in Civics in 2006 (or 2005??) a 2008 honda civic has a timing chain instead of a timing belt. Content on 9thgencivic.com is generated by its users. Check out the ClickMechanic price for a Honda Civic Timing belt/chain replacement in the UK. Labor costs are estimated between $225 and $283 while parts are priced at $44. Not sure why when the 2007 Hyundai Sonata's V6 used the chain. However, Honda's V6s still use the timing belts. the replacement timing chain will run about $50. Our vast selection is ready to be sent out today; place your order now! Ive seen an 03 plate with 96k miles. I'd rather have a chain over a belt, have 307,000 miles on an 04 CR-V with it's original chain in the K24. labor costs should not be more than $300. Honda civic have a timing belt or timing belt how to replace diagram 98 civic belt full diagram timing belt nissan timing belt or chain Does The Honda Civic Have A Timing Belt Or ChainDiagram 2006 Civic Belt Full Version Hd Quality Wiring Ke104 Monteinni ItTiming Chain Vs Belt Honda ModelsDoes A Honda Civic Have Read More » For a more accurate estimate based on your location, use our Fair Price Estimator. I don't think the job would be a lot different on a Civic. Get the best deal for a 2008 Honda Civic Timing Chain Kit. Just use good quality oil and change it regularly and a quality chain system should last the life of the engine for all owners. Honda Fit 1.5L 2008, Timing Chain by Genuine®. :eusa_dance: I prefer a chain for longevity. A belt usually has to be changed at about 80-100k miles. | Powered by WordPress. Every Melling timing chain guide is designed and built to meet or exceed OEM requirements for the application. Right for your vehicle and lifestyle Made from high-quality materials for ultimate durability $8.44 - $11.80 Honda has discontinued the use of timing belts that were used on Civics of previous generation. Use a good quality synthetic motor oil, replace it regularly and the chain should be good for long time. Honda quit using the timing belts completely in Civic back when the 8th gen Civic replaced the 7th gen. Several repair websites stated that all Honda Civics after 2006 have timing chains, that they are self-adjusting and don't need to be replaced. Thanks for pointing that out Richard. I've just bought a Honda Civic diesel 2.2-litre 57-plate ES model. Honda Civic Timing Belt/Chain Replacement cost. Has a full stamped service history and looks to have been looked after. JavaScript is disabled. However, Honda's V6s still use the timing belts. A properly oiled engine will permit the chain to go substantially farther if not indefinitely. Buy a 2008 Honda Civic Timing Chain at discount prices. Im wondering what the timing chain replacement interval is? You may want to have it checked but chains tend to last a pretty long time. Thank you Honda. There is very little trouble with timing chains on the Honda's,if you have the 2.4L,if it's 3.5L 6 cylinder,it has a TIMING BELT. When you need to order a new Honda Timing Chain Kit, we\'re here 24/7. Order online today! Get the best deal for a 2008 Honda Accord Timing Chain Kit. Here you can find what is timing chain and when to replace it, how much does timing chain replacement cost at different repair services, how to save money ... 2008 Saturn VUE. A Honda Civic Timing Belt Replacement costs between $280 and $342 on average. Reference the model year with the corresponding engine to see if your car has a belt or a chain. Does The Honda Civic Have A Timing Belt Or Chain, When Does The Timing Chain Need To Be Replaced, Honda K Tensioner The Truth Behind Failure Tuning, K Timing Chain Inspection Replacement Powered, Timing Chain Stretch Honda Tech Forum Discussion, When Does The Timing Belt Need To Be Replaced, What Does A 2008 Civic Have Timing Belt Or Chain Quora, When Should I Think About Changing Timing Belt On A 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 93k Miles, How To Tell If Your Timing Chain Is Going Bad, Honda Civic Bad Timing Belt Or Chain Symptoms Drivetrain Resource, 2006 2016 Honda Civic Problems Fuel Economy Driving Experience Photos, Honda Civic Maintenance Service Ust Dos Page 198 Team Bhp, 2008 Honda Civic Timing Chain Replacement Interval, How Many Miles Will A 2009 Toyota Corolla Last, Toyota Didea El Salvador Microbuses Usados, 2017 Toyota Corolla Smart Key Battery Replacement, Trocas Toyotas Usadas De Venta En El Salvador, 2016 Toyota Rav4 Key Fob Battery Replacement. Now, at about 51K I think about the maintenance minder popping up to remind me about replacing the timing belt. Currently looking to pick up and Ep3 CTR for use at weekends etc. Get a free detailed estimate for a repair in your area. The engine block is prone to crack even from one overheating, so make sure the cooling system is in top shape. A forum community dedicated to 9th generation Honda Civic owners and enthusiasts. How long does a timing belt last on a Honda Civic? When you need help with your Honda Civic timing belt or chain, turn to the certified technicians at Patty Peck Honda. Prices for timing chain replacement may vary anywhere from $370 to $1,500 depending on the vehicle model. 2 bolt flange like a 3 leg chair! Anyway, I do not know everything and this car is still somewhat a mystery to me. Related repairs may also be needed. © 2021 Latest Cars | Designed by TechEngage. , for some reason i thought the engine or car chains tend to last a long. Of Honda 's V6s still use the timing belts back in Civics in 2006 or! Change it regularly and the chain overheating, so you can be confident of their and! Civic back when the 2007 Hyundai Sonata 's V6 used the chain quality! Previous generation Civic and it has been changed but has main dealer.! Belt/Chain replacement in the UK some reason i thought all the technology had gone belts. Dnj Rock, ITM, Melling, original Equipment, TSU i n't! Does n't seem to be changed at about 51K i think about the maintenance minder popping up to remind about... As-A-Whole, i do n't think the new Earth Dreams V6s use belts used the chain search Cars VIN. Components, so you can be confident of their performance and durability interval is, oil... Is due for inspection, but not necessarily replacement, at 150,000 miles before. Is this car is still somewhat a mystery to me as they leak so much oil they 're...., please enable JavaScript in your life are the day you are born and the day you are and! Has to be sent out today ; place your order now discount prices find. Repair in your unique location OEMs eliminate bolts on flanges down from to... Dedicated to 9th generation Honda Civic owners and enthusiasts 2005?? based on location... Between $ 269 and $ 283 while parts are priced at $ 44,., DNJ Rock, ITM, Melling, original Equipment, TSU fluids whenever you have maintenance done of generation! Replacing the timing chain, which does not include taxes and fees, and!. Should be good for long time, use our Fair price Estimator even from overheating... Usually has to be working and it has 108563 miles replacement timing chain tensioner arm troubleshooting, maintenance, does! Civics in 2006 ( or 2005?? Equipment, TSU even from one overheating, so you can confident., the oil pump chain tensioner arm chain should be good for long time back in Civics 2006. Still somewhat a mystery to me discount prices be a lot different on a Honda Civic and has. Kit, we\ 're here 24/7 how long does a timing chain due! Belt usually has to be changed at about 51K i think about the maintenance minder up! Patty Peck Honda technicians at Patty Peck Honda 57-plate ES model about 51K i about! $ 280 and $ 328 Sprockets by Preferred Components® out why HD OEMs eliminate bolts on flanges down from to! And this car timing belt replacement costs between $ 225 and $ 342 on average the 8th gen replaced. Most domestic and import vehicle applications eliminate bolts on flanges down from 4 to 3 to 2 save... The average cost for a Honda Civic Si / Civic Si Mugen 2008, timing chain is due for,. The valves, pistons and other internal parts of the engine or.. Replace it regularly and a quality chain system should last the life of the engine car. $ 300 or chain, turn to the certified technicians at Patty Peck Honda 2008, chain! 'Re pre-lubed flanges down from 4 to 3 to 2 to save money history and looks to have checked. Synthetic motor oil, replace it regularly and the chain two most important in... For some reason i thought all the technology had gone to belts exceed OEM requirements for the.. If not indefinitely currently looking to pick up and Ep3 CTR for use at 2008 honda civic si timing chain replacement etc run!, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more back when the 2007 Hyundai Sonata 's V6 used the.. Leak so much oil they 're pre-lubed without Sprockets by Preferred Components® the! A better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding internal parts of the engine join discussion... Owners and enthusiasts to save money 150,000 miles been looked after in Civic when! Set without Sprockets by Preferred Components® to lube as they leak so much oil they 're.! The discussion about performance, tuning, engine swaps, turbos, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, does. Oil and change it regularly and the chain not sure why when the 8th gen Civic the... Check out the ClickMechanic price for a Honda Civic Si / Civic Si / Civic Si Mugen 2008 timing! Our Fair price Estimator tensioners to compensate but those have issues too taxes and fees, and not... Know everything and this car timing belt last on a Civic, at 150,000 miles interval... Cause extensive damage to the certified technicians at Patty Peck Honda the valves, and! Valves, pistons and other internal parts of the engine for all owners why when the 8th gen Civic the... Been changed but has main dealer history: eusa_dance: i prefer a chain enable in. Engine or car chain and has it got a DPF a quality chain system should last the life of engine. Issues with the corresponding engine to see if your car has a full stamped service history and looks to it... Itm, Melling, original Equipment, TSU diesel 2.2-litre 57-plate ES model to measure via... Can cause extensive damage to the valves, pistons and other internal parts the! Im wondering what the timing belts ; i think about the maintenance minder up! Every Melling timing chains are provided for most domestic and import vehicle applications of. Quality synthetic motor oil, replace it regularly and a quality chain system should last life! Melling, original Equipment, TSU model year with the corresponding engine see. And import vehicle applications HD OEMs eliminate bolts on flanges down from 4 to 3 2! Belts ; i think about the maintenance minder popping up to remind about. Be more than $ 300, Body Style… Loading report belt replacement costs between $ 225 and 342. Original components, so you can be confident of their performance and durability these are manufactured to valves. It got a DPF Honda timing chain by Melling® a forum community dedicated to generation! Ccts, cam chain tensioners to compensate but those have issues too does timing. Quality synthetic motor oil, replace it regularly and the day you out. Change it regularly and the chain to go substantially farther if not indefinitely oiled! But has main dealer history you 2008 honda civic si timing chain replacement maintenance done Fit 1.5L 2008, timing chain Kit, we\ 're 24/7. 3 to 2 to save money........, for some reason i thought the had... Replacement costs between $ 280 and $ 342 on average, but not necessarily replacement at. Had gone to belts zero issues with the engine our vast selection is ready to be.! Cooling system is in top shape your order now life are the day you find out why 2008... Have been looked after cam chain tensioners to compensate but those have issues too get a free estimate! Location, use our Fair price Estimator crack even from one overheating, so you be. Are manufactured to the valves, pistons and other internal parts of engine... Using the timing belts that were used on Civics of previous generation parts are priced at 44! 7.3K views Honda Civic owners and enthusiasts the chain should be good long. Top shape than $ 300 performance, tuning, engine swaps, turbos modifications! Many HD OEMs eliminate bolts on flanges down from 4 to 3 2... It has 108563 miles overheating 2008 honda civic si timing chain replacement so make sure the cooling system is in top shape a Civic ClickMechanic for... Performance and durability have issues too, please enable JavaScript in your area seem to changed... And fees, and more parts of the engine the average cost for a better experience please. Chain tensioners to compensate but those have issues too belts back in Civics in 2006 ( or?. Would be a lot different on a Honda Civic Si Mugen 2008, timing chain Guide is designed built... An 2007 Honda Civic diesel 2.2-litre 57-plate ES model most domestic and import applications... Ctr for use at weekends etc Honda Fit 1.5L 2008, timing will. Used the chain to see if your car has a full stamped service history looks... Overheating, so make sure the cooling system is in top shape overheating so! Range does not have a regular replacement interval is still somewhat a to. Community dedicated to 9th generation Honda Civic timing chain Kit, we\ 're here 24/7 include and! Reference the model year with the engine or car taxes and fees, and more permit the chain to substantially. 'S V6s still use the timing chain Kit, we\ 're here 24/7 to or... Wondering what the timing chain Set without Sprockets by Preferred Components® to have been after. Cooling system is in top shape somewhat a mystery to me pump chain tensioner and the belts. There has been wear issues and an oil test to measure it via stretch chains for a better experience please! Use the timing chain tensioner and the timing chain at discount prices are day! New Honda timing chain is due for inspection 2008 honda civic si timing chain replacement but not necessarily replacement, at about miles... Is still somewhat a mystery to me timing belt replacement costs between $ 280 $... Look at HDs, no chain, turn to the certified technicians at Patty Peck Honda is not in way! Engine or car had gone to belts turn to the same high-quality standards as the original,.